Driver 267.59 released for 550 Ti card

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Infinity7_00, Mar 15, 2011.

?

How do you rate this driver?

Poll closed Apr 2, 2011.
  1. Better than previous drivers.

71.8%
  2. Same as previous drivers.

18.3%
  3. Not as good as previous drivers.

9.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    No easy answer for that as their can be more then 1 issue for micro stutter in Video it can be even source related itself :)

I can just give you an example for a scenario that can cause problems, you running a programm in the background that timers are harsh set say like 0.5 ms this can cause massive frame drops depending on the Decoder/Renderer combination and how they are coded (that's why applications should mostly stay with 1ms in Windows).
    Bugged drivers of another Software/Hardware causes DPC spikes also can result in Framedrops and then Vsync issues can cause problems especially in pans which are mostly percepted as micro stutter (stutter mostly means nothing else then frames are dropped in the render queue), so as you see their is no easy way to say where your problem is you have to either get someone on your PC who knows the different possibilities and can test everything through or do it yourself.
    Windows is no Real Time operating system and even if it can do multitasking you should be careful what you do and try to lower the amount of stuff running in your different use cases that's always the most efficient way avoiding problems, especially in Multithreaded stuff we haven't reached the optimum in Software optimizations yet and now we added another factor to that the GPU which has to be handled efficiently for Desktop tasks as well since Vista/7 :)
    If you cant fix your problems and you not happy with Windows their are alternatives like Linux or FreeBSD :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  2. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    Try using the International version it worked for me. The English version gave me a file missing error.

3. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Very good driver for me, Bulletstorm works much better atleast. DA2 still not perfect, but atleast small improvements. But a keeper for sure.

4. Blacklac

Blacklac Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB
    I dont know what to make of those results... lol One shows drastic improvement and another shows practically zero improvement.

BlackOps is also my main game, but I haven't found any reason to get off 266.66 that I'm on now.

5. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Just to make a note, these drivers aren't just for the 550ti card. I went to the Nvidia site and 2 cards were listed just for these drivers. The GTS 450 and 550ti. Which is nice, because i have a GTS 450. As for performance increases , yes i agree.
    So yea so far, things are much smoother.

6. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    This is pretty amazing to find how low end card optimizations work for the high end ones...:3eyes:

7. Dingmatt

Dingmatt Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 470 GV-N470OC-13
    I can confirm that these drivers have completely fix the DA2 issue on my 470GTX, I'm running at 1920x1200 dx11 with all setting maxed out (except the advanced DOF) and its as smooth as butter.

The reason i'm not using the advanced DOF is that I don't like the effect, either that or its bugged; it looks lovely during cut-scenes but during actual gameplay the only part of the screen in perfect focus is my characters arse... Whats the point in running a HQ texture pack when it blurs all the textures.

Can someone please confirm that the above behavior is not just my system? Easiest way to tell is to swing the camera round so your looking at your characters face and compare the focus with the advanced DOF on/off.

8. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Thats because the 270.32 release is a specific CUDA development driver, with an updated (beta) version of the CUDA SDK.

Completely different from this. The graphic driver here, covers just that. Graphics. So video, 2d rendering, 3d rendering etc (with additional drivers for 3d vision, physx and HD audio).
    Regular GeForce drivers are aimed at 3d gaming and video performance. A simple look at the release notes to check the fixed issues and known issues would indicate that.

CUDA is a different kettle of fish.

9. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    a gts 450 is not low end. Its mid range. Low end is something like a 9400gt or 9500gt. Hell even my 9800gt ee card is not consider low end when i can use that card and play many games just fine.

Besides the point, these drivers are behaving strangely. I am going to remove them, i did notice some performance increases, but overall not a good set with this card.

10. opv88

opv88 Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX460 1024Mb
    Don't know, for me it works...
    [​IMG]

11. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Are you using the correct inf? Thats an error you'd get if the inf was incorrect, or modded incorrectly.

i.e you could be using the international inf when you have the English driver, or vice versa.

12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Indeed, these drivers improve performance quite a bit...from 22-32FPS on Very High DX 11 to 32-47 all settings on very high..so i guess with the official drivers from Nvidia plus a patch from Bioware i can play at 45-60FPS easy...we'll see:D

13. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Just Tested it with my GTX 570 and it works very good..I'll hang to this until something comes better..:D

14. DarkOneZ13

DarkOneZ13 Guest

GPU:
    MSI/GTX 980/4096MB
    Actually the 450 is low end, of the current generation, you are referring to a series of cards that was 2 generations ago. The 9800GT was considered high end in it's time if i'm not mistaken.

15. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    Thanks really
    you seem to have put a lot of effort in collecting these scores.

16. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    I din't mean to hurt any one with the my words of "low end"
    See What I meant was
    LOW END : GTS 450 / GTS 550
    MID-RANGE : GTX 460/GTX465/GTX560
    HIGH END:GTX 580/GTX480/GTX 470.

The only reason I say this is there is no card below GTS 450/GTS550 to be in the low range.

As far as playing games are concerned I would compare it with latest games which support tesselation and DX 11 stuff.

17. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB

Low GTS430,
    Mid/Low GTS450, GTS550ti,
    Mid GTX460SE, GTX460/465, GTX560ti
    Mid/High GTX470, GTX570
    High GTX480, GTX580

In relative performance to cards in each generation. I expect a GTS530 to be released.

But you're correct in stating the 450/550ti are in the low end segment.

18. vincentlaw

vincentlaw Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    How did you install new 550Ti drivers for your cards. I got a message that It could not detect appropriate hardware. I got GTX560 Ti card.

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    win7/vista x32 or x64? int or eng?

if you tried my inf it should work, but you need international driver x64 (uk driver).

20. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    You must use a modified .inf file.

There are plenty of threads explaining the procedure if you don't know how.