Dragon's Dogma 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by tsunami231, Jul 12, 2022.

1. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    You're the one that insulted him. This sorry SIMP is always starting mess and then plays the victim.

Go put your PS5 panties back on, cover up in your PS5 blanky and snuggle up next to Jim Ryan. He has more time on his hands now to give you all the attention you need. ID10T!

Horus-Anhur and eGGroLLiO like this.
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Exactly.

round it up to 230,000.

2,500,000 - 230,000 = 2,270,000

lets say 70k was sold on on Epic (very generous I know). Thats still 2.2 mil sold on consoles alone.

And that 230,000 peak on PC was probably on launch day, many of them have more than likely refunded the game.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  3. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Yup...I will never support games that are designed to extract more money from players after charging full price

Paying for quick travel points in-game? WTH is wrong with Crapcom LOL

4. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    TBH those microtransactions are way overblown, granted - all of their MTs for recent games are pointless (especially on PC with cheat engine) but DD2 ones are of exact same caliber. Their only mistake was releasing them along with the game, if they had waited 6+ months like usual, nobody would've cared.
    All of those items are obtainable in game either way, there's a lot of mistranslation and ambiguity or deliberate misleading that paying is the "only" or "preferred" way of obtaining those items.

Now - as far as FT goes, ferrystones or portcrystals are relatively rare but paying for one is absolutely pointless because one (or five if you had bought them all) is a meaningless number across whole game.

Out of all issues this game has, i would focus on how atrocious the performance is (and how unlikely it is to ever improve to any meaningful degree) because the sales number basically validates that they don't even need to concern themselves with technical quality of the game.

Pale Horseman likes this.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    OT but when was Redfall broken? Broken as unplayable? I managed to almost finish it without any issues (had a free GamePass month so decided to check it out). Performance was extremely good :) GPU hardly breaking sweat.

6. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Actually I can forgive the performance issue as it can be sorted out over time, why play a video game at launch when all it does is making you suffer LOL.

But I have a qualm when they created a problem mainly to make playtime longer (reduce accessibility to quick travel) and then sell you the solution to shorten the playtime :confused:. This is obviously a deliberate attempt (among others) to milk the fanbase.

What's next? sell you DLC to boost performance?

TheDigitalJedi and Undying like this.
  7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No more insults, otherwise there will be no more Guru3D for you.

8. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    I think insults is just surface level problem. Underlying problem is all the people who started posting in bad faith to deliberately upset and provoke those who play and like the game. Let's be honest, majority posters here don't care whatsoever about the game. They only care about the drama this game created and they feed on negativity.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  10. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Gurus debate games all the time. The problem is YOU and how you communicate to the community. Multiple threads are contaminated by your constant insulting, name calling and condescending language. If anyone disagrees with you, they're attacked by you. You refuse to accept accountability for your actions. Now you want to falsely portray yourself as a voice reason? Man stop it!

@Hilbert Hagedoorn @rflair

I personally should not have broken the rules. I should not have engaged in retaliation, name calling and bringing negativity to the forum. This is my bad. I own it. My apologies. It will not happen again.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Rather interesting, considering you "care about this game" that is according to your voice of reason "better than 90 % of releases" and "not broken" like people who "post in bad faith" make it out to be...

Horus-Anhur and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Try not to continue arguing, new game... pretty cool game.. it has issues.

Hopefully they will be fixed.

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Leason learned hopefully. Dont use RE engine for big open world games. :D

Archvile82 likes this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I won't argue, just found that rather ironic.

Maybe the issues will be fixed.

15. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    It's pure hypocrisy when one person think only he has the right to criticize games (that others may like), while others cannot criticize games that he likes anyways.

If people cannot criticize games on basis that someone may like that game, basically we cannot criticize ANY game (yes even pay-to-win trash)

eGGroLLiO and TheDigitalJedi like this.

16. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    This game is not available on Steam in the UAE, for whatever reason, yet it's in all the main gaming stores for console.

Anyways, I got it on PS5 and yeah, the performance is lacking in some big fights, but it is very playable.

The patch that they put out to turn off motion blur was a nice addition. Turning it off helped me a lot.

17. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Are you really doing this? Taking my old post completely out of context? That was my reply to another poster explaining why the game has negative reviews on the day of release. I was summarizing negative reviews on Steam and day1 issues. And I was also explaining that the game could have sold a lot more copies if publisher didn't make some questionable business decisions. These were legitimate issues and most of them even got fixed in the first patch. But congrats, you "got me".

Now, on the later posts we were discussing that the game is "broken" with "unplayable" performance. But it is neither of those things. I think majority of people here are acting dumb or never played a big open world RPG. Please give me examples of big open world RPG that didn't have FPS problems? I can't think of a single one.
    Morrowind, Oblivion, Elden Ring, Gothic, Fallout 3 etc. (even something like Hogwarts Legacy lol) All of them had some form of performance issues.
    So if DD2 95% of the time runs at 60+FPS on decent system, and 5% with FPS drops in towns, is it "broken"? This sounds like pretty much every open world RPG I ever played.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
  18. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Its what they are using for the next Monster Hunter and that is total open world so lord help us.

Undying likes this.
  19. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    According to DF, on PC with recent patch in CPU stress scenarios improvement is about 7% and cleaner frametimes. At least it's something, considering main performance fix is supposedly coming with later updates.

20. Pale Horseman

Pale Horseman Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    Odd that Digital Foundry makes a video about checking performance improvements after a patch that...[Checks Notes]...did not include any performance improvement entries.

Darren Hodgson likes this.