Dragon Age

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mcharj11, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/8/index/110849/1

The various bonus items, doesn't include the Keep or Stone prisoner since those would be actual DLC instead of just minor additions so naturally Bioware and EA wouldn't like that but this does add some nice new equipment. :)
    (Most will already have the memory band, blood dragon armor and stone prisoner DLC as it's part of every new purchase but the others were for various editions like Amazon, Steam, D2D and for the CE and Digital Deluxe Edition which also included Wardens Keep.)

2. Proten

Proten New Member

GPU:
    2 x ATI Radeon HD4870 512
    Intresting Guide

Hello all.... I have found an werry intresting guide to Dragon Age (maybe mentioned before) if you search in google for Dragon Age Origins Prima Official Game Strategy you should find plenty of links.

Enjoy as I did... many intresting things found, like Loghain can be your companion :)

3. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Is there a walkthorough out for this game or at least some tips? I guess it's pretty new that's why gamespot does not have 1.

Anyway i am stuck at the tower stage. I am at lvl 4 of the tower stage and i am supposed to fire off some signal. There's a huge ogre monster blocking my way and i have allistar and 2 other soldiers as companions.

Well i tried i few tatics and they all failed. It seems the characters cannot run fast enough to avoid this ogre. He picks up ppl and bashes them and ur helpless. He can also fling boulders at them. How do i defeat him?

4. Deprenor

Deprenor Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1
    awesome, thank you for the heads up

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    click on the move freely icon and place your party in opposite corners with a good space in between. have your best rangers/mage range the ogre whilst your main tank acts as bait. using the space bar a lot run around with the ogre chasing. dont let him get to close.

he might switch to another char so be ready to start running with that char. around 40 arrows and 20 spells should get him down. should be able to do without losing anyone. but keep an eye on him. if he starts 2 throw get rdy on that char as they will get knockdown and he will go for them.

p.s i'd get shale first. he has massive hit points and his very usefull to tank bosses even though he might miss a few times.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  6. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB

You are not able to get shale first as that is the first area you are able to go to.

7. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
  8. Proten

Proten New Member

GPU:
    Read my post from yesterday. The Walktrought is included and manny more. Like Gift selection for companions and secret treasures...

9. Darth_Sidious

Darth_Sidious Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia 8800 GTS
    yes it's legal. I bought mine from there.

10. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Hey guys, just out of curiosity, which one of the various Origins is your favorite?

I've only done one so far, as a female Dalish Elf, now I don't know which one to go for, I'm obsessed with Elves so I think I'll keep the Alienage/City Elf Origin for the last. At the moment I'm wondering between a male Dwarf or perhaps a male or female Mage... not sure. Also, for my second playthrough, and now that I know better how things work, especially the Tactics part, I think I'll play on Hard, I'll do my best not to succumb to the temptation to turn it down to Normal (I think that the dynamic difficulty changing feature in an RPG like that isn't exactly the best thing to do, when you know you can change it anytime you want it's hard to resist and not do it).

11. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    Just purchased the standard edition for $23 about 30 mins ago. got my e-mail with the key and am downloading from the EA DLed manager right now.

Good stuff! :banana:

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Has anyone managed to fix the borked post-v1.01a patched Dragon Age: Origins Game Explorer shortcut properly yet?

I've temporarily dragged another shortcut into Game Explorer for now that works and backed then removed the existing one but I'd like to reinstate the original if possible as it has other links not just a Play option.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Fixed: It seems a file in the v1.01a patch is corrupt causing the shortcut to stop working with Vista and 7.

You have to copy the original DAOriginsGDF.dll file from the game DVD (it's stored in the Data/Apps_Ship.rar under the Bin_Ship folder. Just extract the file to the game's Bin_Ship folder and the Game Explorer shortcut will work again.

14. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    That's cruel... if I had known about that earlier, dammit. Also, I'm surprised that D2D and Steam don't react to that competition and also reduce their prices... or could they? Who's deciding about that exactly, is EA/BioWare giving them permission to do so and not others with digital distribution?

Anyway, it's a nice price.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    It's a CD-key purchase which isn't exactly 100% legal and can also be risky should the publisher ban the keys used.

Ofcourse the legality is against the store and not the customers but what they usually do is to mass purchase the game from cheap alternatives like Asia and Russia (Which aren't meant to be sold at other places in the world.) and then sell the keys leaving the customer to either acquire the media on their own or register the key in a service like Steam or EADM.

By all means go for the cheapest alternative as there's nothing wrong with that. :)
    (The key might get disabled but should it happen you can just take it up with the site and their staff, either for a refund or new key.)

16. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    I remember a conversation they were having recently on the PC Gamer Magazine podcast where they said that it's the games' publishers that set the prices on Steam; Valve has nothing to do with it. Valve merely provides all the tools for the publisher to list and maintain the game on Steam. The publisher deals with it all from there.

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I meant get him at the first possible opportunity. i.e after you have done the lothering bit.

18. Forbiden

Forbiden Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS @ 810/1900/2200
    Dragon Age here I come! :thumbup:

19. Proten

Proten New Member

GPU:
    If anyone of you havent seen the movie - On the Bonus disc of the Collectors edition - get it and wach it.... it's fantastic.

20. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Bonus movie? Damn I knew I should have spent more...youtube here i come! lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.