Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  2. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    This was the biggest waste of time ever... 100+ hours of junk quests that have almost zero effect on the main story line. That awful, short, extremely predictable ending, with absolutely no payoff or visible consequences of those 100+ hours of side quests.
    Why did I save the Wardens? Why did I save Samson? Why did I save the Mages? Why did I make an alliance with Qunari ? Why did I make partial alliance with Tevinter? Why did i stop the civil war and gain support of pretty much everyone? Why did i help out so many nobles and gained their support? And so many other things "helping and improving the inquisition"...
    For a 5 minutes predictable generic "boss fight" where none of that is mentioned or mattered at all. So disappointed ...

3. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    You forgot to ask yourself: why didn't I use spoilers....

thanks.

4. hopeful

hopeful Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Not really seeing the need for spoilers on that one - didn't give specifics.

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ftfy :)

6. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    If I hadn't already completed the game, I would have been pretty pissed with your post as well. It was filled with spoilers.

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    ^ For this reason I generally avoid reading posts in game threads that I haven't completed yet. We do have some a convenient spoiler tag option, but it looks like 0.01% know about it and some that do don't bother to use it anyway.

8. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    When I run Dragon Age Inquistion at max settings @1080p, I only get around 30-40 FPS in combat.

Furthermore, I've noticed that the game is only using around ~4GB Ram at any time. Shadow of Mordor, for instance, uses up to 8GB (and gives me 50-70 FPS with max settings@1080p) and Battlefield 4 also utilizes around 7-8GB when things get heavy (with an average 70 FPS in 64-player conquests on max settings)...

Is this game poorly optimized? I should be able to pull out a better FPS with my specs...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  9. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    seaclean dai is only made for AMD cards it hates nvidia especially the 980.

just playing lol... I definitely think you should pull way more fps than you are.

I do not know about the ram usage but with my card i have no jitters and get good FPS all smooth.

10. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    it's probably the msaa setting. either turn this off or set it at the lowest setting. im pulling the game on average around 70-80 fps without vsync. no jitters, hitches or stuttering. everything on max except msaa is off. dont really see the need for it.

11. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    While it's true I get about 50-60 Fps if I lower the msaa to 2x, I should still be alle to pull of 4x as I do in bf4. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that the game only uses 4gb ram. Also, there ought to be more aa options such as fxaa and txaa.

12. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well this ain't BF4. It's DA:I. Same engine doesn't mean anything. Your performance sounds about right considering the rest of your system is slightly old too. Fxaa is already there. ms/fx are the aa options and can be comboed

13. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    The "rest"? By that you mean my CPU? Come on, man... with my 4.4Ghz OC, that's hardly the determinative factor here. I hope the next big patch brings further optimization to the game so it can utilize 6-7GB RAM instead of capping at around 4. I'm pretty sure that'll give me a few FPS. :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  14. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Especially when it's EA and the current focus of their PC titles.

Designed for Console players by Console players...

15. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    look at this bug that I just came across:

http://youtu.be/RUt0BwyUq7E

the game has been out for months now and we are still facing these major bugs

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Wow, never seen that bug on my PC! :3eyes:

Actually, DAI is one of the most stable and polished games released last year in my opinion..

17. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    do you have any more details on your bug other than you lack animations? is it a repeatable bug?

this usually happens in skyrim when you install animation mods wrong so maybe your animation data files are broken/corrupt and need re downloaded.

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    In my ~300 hours /played I never had that bug, however, I too encountered it in Skyrim when messing with animation mods. :)

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I still have a bug with very long hands and fingers, will it ever be solved? :(

Not played it for weeks...sigh. Not because of the bug but because I'm starting to feel that it's boring.

20. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    I got this bug only once

No mods have been installed and game files have been verified in origin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.