Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I just finished my second run, first took me 140-150 hours (hard), this one was just under 110 (nightmare) with partial dialogue skipping. Did all quests I could on both playtroughs (and I stress "could", because some of them bugged out on me...) and managed to almost reach level 25 on my second run (you have to do some exceptional leveling/questing rotation to reach it I guess...).

Overall, I'm really loving the game (it's on par with Origins for me). It has it's flaws and they are not few, but in other parts it's so well done that it's really quite addictive. The scale is perhaps too big, they should have cut down on sidequests and put in more story and dialogue driven missions.

If Bioware learns from the mistakes, the next game (a Mass Effect most likely) will be epic.

PS - Varric with tier3/4 crafted armor + bianca superior parts with the same tier3/4 mats + superb rune is INSANE DPS - I just killed the last Dragon (the level 23 one) and I literally took 3/4 of his health from my first rotation in a matter of seconds... tier 3 focus + fully upgraded might offense tonic + stealth => throwing knives, elemental mines, full draw, repeat x2... the numbers were insane lol :nerd:

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I've finally put some time into the game now that the holidays are over with, and I'm of the same mind of Solfaur. It's a truly great game, AMAZING in it's scope and the storyline is exceptional so far in my opinion.

The best decision Bioware ever made was to use the Frostbite 3 engine for this game. They could never have made a game like this using their in house engines. DAI is really putting out some stellar graphics courtesy of the FB3 engine; especially in terms of draw distances.

The engine's streaming algorithm is one of the best in the World, and so even over great distances a lot of detail is preserved provided you have the proper hardware.. I'm going to be posting some screenshots in a bit :D

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Here are some 1440p screenshots showing the awesome graphics in this game, focusing on the draw distance, shadows and ambient occlusion. Really great to be sure. And the engine is very efficient with resources using around 3GB of VRAM and 3GB of RAM. :)

I really wonder how AC Unity would have looked like if Ubisoft had used the Frostbite 3 engine for it.. Would the LoD issues get better or worse? Better if DAI is any indication, but even DAI isn't rendering as much detail as AC Unity..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Graphism side, there's some truy incredible parts... I find the physic particule effect on some part, really well made in addition to wind on cloth effect (mantle ).

I really want to get a full features comparison. because there's much more it seems used that we can think..

Frostbite 3 is moving to PBR ( physical based rendering ), This will bring some amazing things for next games.

http://www.frostbite.com/2014/11/moving-frostbite-to-pbr/

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015

5. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    The engine looks OK,but just look on the official forums,DA:I and BF4 and u will see how many ppl have problems,from the random crashes,frame drops to DirectX errors.Just for the DirectX errors is a topic of over 70+ pages and not even Frostbite team doesn`t know how to fix it,they just say : "underclock your GPU"...so Frostbite engine + all the dev team can kiss my arse.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    DAI already uses PBR, but it looks like it hasn't been fully polished. The next Mass Effect game will probably use a more refined and polished version I'm sure..

7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Luckily I haven't had any crashes, even after hours of gameplay. To be fair, a lot of those complaints are probably caused by general system instability from overclocking.

There are a ton of people out there are overclock their components, run a few cycles of Prime and then assume their rig is completely stable.

Overclocking might be easier than ever, but it still requires some knowledge and skill to do it properly..

8. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    I dont think, they have only start to move the engine to PBR some few month ago, I really doubt that Bioware will have stop their developpement and suddenly goes to transition the FB3 engine at this point.... Even hardline, will surely not be based on it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Did you check my screenshots? You can clearly see that PBR is used on some materials; especially metals.

It's not a complete transition, and it definitely seems to be in the incipient stage, but it's definitely there.. Here's another close up screenshot of my character. If you look at his gear, you can see that there are tangible differences in how the wood, metal and leather looks on his armor and weapon.

Also, here is a PCgameshardware.de link that says that Dragon Age Inquisition is indeed using PBR..

[​IMG]

10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    DA:I is epic. The game is so much more enjoyable with a xbox controller.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Does anyone else notice issues with mountains and hills noticeably shifting LOD, even those that are not that far away such as in the the Western Approach? I have everything maxed at Ultra or On, including Mesh and Tessellation (set to Very High). It's really my own niggle with the otherwise superb graphics and I'm wondering if it is a bug or just how the engine works.

12. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I haven't noticed this issue. Running Mantle.

13. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    The crashes and DirectX error it`s also on factory oc cards...in BF4 and DA:I.
    The engine it`s just unstable to overclock,even the devs advise ppl to just downclock their gpu`s.

14. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    Ok, i dont know, its not what was seems to be said on beyond3D about it.

15. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    what is the factory setting for my windforce 780ti? it might be slightly overclocked but ive no idea what the stock core/mem speed should be?

16. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    It`s this your card?

17. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    thats the fella

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Honestly, I don't think that's PBR. If it is, it's badly done.

19. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    The engine is unstable to overclocks makes no sense. The overclock is unstable and it took this engine to show it is what should be said.

Its like when IBT or Prime95 were first regarded as a great OC test for your CPU and certain people would say, 'Prime95 fails because it coded badly, my PC can run Crysis fine and everything else', these are programs that work towards an already know answer.

Not saying the game is coded perfectly, I've had a few odd glitches, but none were GPU related, just small glitches where you could tell the game tripped over itself, not the hardware.

20. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    my gpu is factory overclocked apparantly ( i didnt even realise lol) anyway

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_780_ti_windforce_3x_review,27.html

would that be a good base to get the figures for underclocking to test this theory?

Core Clock: 875 MHz
    Boost Clock: 928 MHz
    Memory Clock: 7000 MHz

now i notice the new afterburner, instead of letting us type in the figures now gives us a + or minus figure just to make things difficult lol

I tried putting the core at -30 but after hitting apply, nothing changes at all, the min and max core is still 1020.

what settings should i have now?

i have underclocked in the past with AC3 i think and that was the old afterburner on a different gpu. whats changed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.