Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Not even close.

2. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    I still refuse to play this game until they patch in some competent pc controls.

3. jimdove

jimdove Master Guru

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    anyone noticed that BW games, specifically DA games have issues with sound levels? I had this exact same problem with DAO all over years ago of the combat noises being so loud that it shakes my table, but during non combat the sound is too low.

I have sound fx in game set to 2 and everything else at 10, have to turn my speakers WAY up just to hear the environmental sounds, music, speaking etc.. but the moment I go into battle, the noise from all the shouting, and violence is deafening.

Any ideas folks? Ive tried all the in game settings from home theatre to headphones, have my speakers set to stereo in control panel, which it is. Everything else, games, movies etc is fine.

4. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Oh yeah close. HBAO has a strange flicker on grass, and all grass looks like black. Very awful aspect of it. SSAO looks best in this game. Grass look clean and green while shadows are shadows. Now all is wrapped up in a foliage of black.

5. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Yeah,the control is just awful.

6. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Yeah the sound mix is very bad in this game. Started playing on headphones so I can hear the dialogue properly.
    Notice it more and more games tbh, watchdogs also had dreadful sound mix.
    The sound of games seems to be an afterthought now unlike the days of Doom 3, FEAR, etc that had eax sound.

7. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    This is 100% true, cut scene volume is a massive problem, even if you turn all the sound options right down except for dialogue you still have sound effects that drown out dialogue and cut scenes that are not effected by any in game volume settings, possibly including master volume.

I play all my pc games with 7.2 surround in front of a lounge with 2 10" 300 watt subwoofers and the volume disparity is glaring, it was a major problem in mass effect 2. The sound of the normandy travelling between systems was 20x louder than the rest of the game, If I was playing the game late I would have to turn it down 20dB or mute it while that happened.

8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    I'll give it a try, but from what i've seen in screenshots, HBAO Full looked the best.

9. jimdove

jimdove Master Guru

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    Ive managed to fix it. Went into my windows sound properties and in the enchancements tab, ive enabled enhancements then ticked the loudess equalisation. Must be a lazy bioware thing. Try it matey.

10. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Check out this scenario:

Standing in one spot without moving my character, with v-sync off, I get 80-120 fps. If I turn v-sync on, however, I can't maintain a locked 60 fps. It'll fluctuate: 60...55...57....60...53...59...60 etc. I seem to remember a similar v-sync problem in the early days of the GTX 680, with a Mass Effect 2(?) video posted on this site, exhibiting the same behavior. Is this a problem for anybody else?

btw - The situation is identical using in-game v-sync or forcing it through Inspector.

11. Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf Member

GPU:
    GTX980 4GB
    Try this:

user.cfg > RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 1

add this file to your install directory. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition

I have everything max setting except MSAA set to off using 120hz vsync. Single GTX980 I get 80-120fps.

12. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    In action too ? Dont think, i dont get min 80fps with my 980 at 1520mhz

Need to lower tessellation to high.

13. Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf Member

GPU:
    GTX980 4GB
    I haven't gotten too far into the game. I've cleared to first hinterlands area (no dragon). When in action, I get 80-90 fps, when just exploring 100+ fps. I stopped playing because I wanted to wait for the 3D vision fix by helix & friends. I do not have any OSD enabled. I use my keyboard with monochrome LCD that displays the fps. Windows 8.1 64bit, and this was about the same with the 337.75 driver. I never used the hotfix .80 version and just tried the beta driver today. It shows I'm using about 114%-116% power and 99% gpu usage. GPU @ 1465mhz, VRAM @ 4001mhz.

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    You get used to it after a while, but agree that its really underwhelming.

For a game that has a built in tactical cam, its actually humorous that its even there since the controls are so awkward on their own, the implementation of the Tac Cam really is laughable. I can't beleive for a second that they tested it on PC for more than a day at most.

I hear that (see what I did there?) lots of game have this problem.. not sure what it is. Grim Dawn is terrible for this.. you can't hear dialogue unless you crank every other slider down to half.. I mean really? Shouldn't be so difficult.
    Actually, its a bit crappy in elite dangerous as well.

This may work just for when you're playing, but you'd want to turn it off for anything else.. for example, you wouldn't want to leave that enabled and then listen to music or videos or something.. I find it alters the output in a bad way (probably because it has a pre-set EQ curve that is boosted in the 4k band in particular - for speech)

15. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    uh ohhh....
    gotta love modding, ahhahaha

quote:
    The CE Script--> http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5564625&sid=4a9d1f68a662158c6480b374243a3afe#5564625

THX Jonas for spotting :)

16. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I do have that command in my .cfg file, but the problem persists. It really isn't a big deal, though. I just played two hours with v-sync off with a 65 fps cap via Inspector, which lets me display a solid 60 fps without unnecessarily running my cards wide open. I can't stomach screen tearing, but it's minimal with this setup.

Thanks

17. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Finally a game that utilizes my cards 100% and that looks amazing.

18. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    I picked this up for the PS4 and man does this game shine.

Best game on PS4 right now.

GFX rock!

Story is deep and lots of text to read.

I think this is better than DA 1 was.

Frame rates are locked at 40 i think, because it's to smooth for 30.

Love this Frostbite Game engine, makes Skyrim look last gen, game world looks beautiful, player models are stunning and walking animations are the best i've seen.

I like Solas, cool looking character.

I will be playing this until TW3 comes out in MAY.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  19. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Could this world be created in UDK UE3/4 ?
    Does UE3 supports this kind of large enviroment

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    UE4 should work, UE3 might with reduced detail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.