Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scerate

Scerate Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    I just made a Youtube Video do show you guys my flickering issue i have, it's low quality but still very noticable in the trees, and yeah even there my 780Ti was at stock

LINK

2. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    that is odd i don't get flickering with my oc gtx 980, anyone else have a 780ti see if this is a driver issue?

3. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    My only issue with the PC version so far are the menus that are made for a controller. Huge fonts with scroll down menus that only have space for a few items. The PC version should either have a grid-inventory or the scroll down menu should have significantly smaller font with more items fitting in the menu at once.

If my wireless 360 controller receiver wasn't broken (rendering the entire controller useless) I would probably be using the controller to play instead and have no complaints. Just disappointing the PC version interface is NOT designed to be used with a mouse, rather it is just compatible with a mouse.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    even watching 720 p i dont get it what iam looking at.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I agree, the UI could use some work, but now after 20+ hours of playtime, I got used to it. I would still love to have autoattack, more freedom in tactical view, and a damn walk toggle button. I tried to play it with a controller, but somehow I still prefer m+k, even if it's obviously better suited for controller gameplay.

6. Scerate

Scerate Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    just look at the trees the first 5-6 seconds they are flickering like mad :wanker:, gonna try the old drivers i guess some issues started since 344.60

7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I've been able to get the game running fairly well now in SLI using 344.47 drivers and Vsynced through Inspector. Its taken away most of the texture flickering and performance seems okay in game..
    cutscenes on the other hand are a total mess for me.. think of a smooth cutscene (a la Mass Effect) and then think of the complete opposite of a smooth cutscene.. that's what I'm experiencing, also with audio cutting along with it.
    During cutscenes, the gpu usage is up and down like a seismometer, and its like this with or without sli. I figure its drivers or the game engine.

Also, even though I get high frames with SLI (between 60-100) with everything maxed except for AO and Vegetation, the framerate is very eratic.. its much less eratic in single card

Either way though, I can see that this game will be awesome once its optimized a bit more and drivers catch up for Nvidia. Looking forward to playing it much more!

Edit: and that is with the commandline adjustment..

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  8. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  9. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Watched it. Nice and easy. Going to give it a try now. Thanks :)

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

11. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    still needs to be patched but a good workaround hey ;)

12. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    i think the game looks pretty good

Dragon Age Inquisition

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    44 hours in and I feel like I haven't even made it halfway yet. :nerd:

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    ok what is going on?

i completed 2 quests already in Hinterlands.

And, i go to NPC to talk and finish the quest BUT...i talk and nothing happens. nothing appears on screen..WTF? i cant progress.

15. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Played for a few hours today, pretty disappointed overall. Graphically it's a huge improvement which is really nice to see, but all this talk about being able to play just like DAO if you want is bull****. It's way too clunky and awkward for it to really be fun or rewarding. The only tactical options are just 3 levels of priority for auto-casting (off, normal and high), and the UI/controls feel all wrong. I've been playing on nightmare but I think I'll probably just switch to normal and try and breeze through the game if I even keep playing - not because it's too hard, but because I don't find the combat rewarding so I don't care enough to try. Whereas in DAO I actually wanted there to be a harder difficulty setting above nightmare because I got really into it

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    As far as gfx go, ive never been so undecided as to whether or not they impress me. Its looks great, but then a turn to the left or right and all of a sudden it looks old-gen.

17. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
    My 670 SLI can't keep up with this game. Dips to 20 something fps sometimes. Should upgrade to a better SLI guys? Or should I wait for new graphic card release? Help me decide!! Plz :)

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Nothing wrong with your cards. Wait for some driver updates and or a game patch.

19. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
    Thanx. I guess let's wait for that patch.

20. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I can't even launcht he game, black screen then crash, frozen screen and I have to force close it, or close without error.

MSI is off, stock clocks my pc is immaculate and my hardware is 100% stable so I don't want any troubleshooting bull****.

Is there a fix for the problem with the software?

Game has been verified and repaired and it didn't do anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.