Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Just stay away from metacritic, usual 0/10 parade there.

2. jimdove

jimdove Master Guru

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    thats a feature. lol

3. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    So far my only complaint is the huge amount of "Gloss" on character models. I remade my double dagger rogue as his face had insane gloss. I checked the "Make Up" section this time as I skipped it before being a male character. Saw that most the eye liner and lip gloss and **** was like on the half way mark. Turned it all off, but still a bit too much "Lip gloss" look even with it at 0.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    I saw some comparisons for low v ultra, on low it looks like all the characters are made out of rubber. Not sure what setting is fixing that when taken off low.

I did a bit of checking though and it seems like it might have a slightly more serious consequence with romance options.

5. Radikalman

Radikalman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4GB / OC
    Wow, I'm really impressed with the quality of this title considering the scale of the game, the attention to detail is amazing and it's fun to play unlike a lot of recent releases I've had a go at. It's beautiful to look at and performs remarkably well but I can tell my 680 is started to have its limits pushed. I was getting dips in the frame rate before the new driver was released but it seems to have sorted that out for me. Only problem I have now is like you guys with choppy cut scenes and the only other issue I have with it is the companion AI going completely spastic at times, which is a real immersion killer for me.

6. jimdove

jimdove Master Guru

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    Good to hear that a 680 runs the game fine. As it should. Still cant get over the 680 being a minimum spec for ACU. The 680 is a monsterous gpu! Have the game preloaded on origin, just gotta somehow get a time machine. I Ph33R using a VPN to unlock ( would that lock me to whatever country VPN i used?) as i know a lunatic in switzerland who will let me use his :)

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    "-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+"

will desync multiplayer I believe

8. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    I have everthing on Ultra/Fade Touched aside from MSAA

9. Radikalman

Radikalman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4GB / OC
    Well I have most settings on high and a couple on ultra @1080p and it tends to stay between 50 - 60fps. I wouldn't worry about using a VPN, I've used them to unlock pretty much all my titles early when I can and have had no issues.

Nope, a VPN will not lock you to the country that it thinks it was unlocked in, but you will have to use a vpn every time you want to play until its release date. Give it a go there's no reason that you can't play now!

https://www.softether.org/5-download

Use that, its very straightforward and easy to use and there's a wide range of vpns you can connect to :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  10. Templ

Templ Guest

Full of 10/10 and 0/10's. What a joke of a site, full of trolls. It's worse than Youtube, and that's saying a lot.

11. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080Ti 11G
    just out of curious anyone installed on a SSD? i'm asking because periodically the game will "load" and will cause pause(about a second)...is this the Denuvo stuff or it's just how the game works? It doesn't happen on BF4 tho...

12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I ran out of SSD space (only 30gb left) so I used my standard 7200rpm.. not having the pausing problems you are. Have you tried max frames rendered ahead set to 1? Games like these typically run smoother with that setting.

13. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080Ti 11G
    Thx I'll give it a try

14. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I have preloaded with a UK key. If I log in via VPN will it still unlock the game?

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Yes it will.

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    After playing for over an hour, I see nothing out of the ordinary with the writes.

[​IMG]

17. Kaladin

Kaladin Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 980Ti SJ SLI
  18. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Why is that hard to beleive? You're playing at 1200p and have a lesser cpu.. maybe that alone doesn't explain it entirely, but I'm sure that's part of it.

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Ok, couldn't help myself and used a VPN client. Spent 1.5 hours creating my evil goddess mage qunari. I'm pleased by the result, didn't have much time to actually play her though lol. :D

Import from dragonagekeep for my custom save/game world worked flawlessly.

Holy **** though, visually the game is AMAZING. With my 2 new GPUs @1554MHz core 7908MHz memory the game runs like a charm, maxed, 4xMSAA, adaptive vsync@60fps (though cutscenes are still 30, which sucks a bit). Vram usage is arround ~3500MB, don't know if that's actual usage or some caching. Also, gpu usage is great, SLI working perfectly (with today's whql driver). All this at 1440p.

Can't comment much on tbe gameplay, other than the fact that I immediately changed key binds for strafe to A and D. But I have a very good feeling about it.

:nerd:

20. binaryStar

binaryStar Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC 1450/7800
    I'm going to be purchasing a gtx970 on Friday, and was going to wait until I get that to buy this game, but I couldn't fight off the temptation. Downloading now!

Hopefully my 760 will handle it halfway decent until my 970 goes in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.