Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    It does, they finally got their act together.

2. jimdove

jimdove Master Guru

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    I worry about this game. I was a huge DA:O fan, DA2 hurt me in ways that no-one can comprehend and the dumbing down of "RPG" games has gotten to a point where anything new that considers itself an RPG by a big company is pretty much the same facemashing nonsense as everything else out there. The only real RPGs seem to be kickstarters. thank **** for those!

3. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Well, I am looking forward to this. It's looking very good judging by the latest vids!

4. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    You obviously haven't been watching any developer info.

Here are some things about the game:

Instead of there being about 30 perks/talents/skills per class there is over 120.

For every piece of armour you find you also are given he schematic to build it, and any armour can be make out of different materials, eg if you like how a certain armour looks you can build it with dragon bone etc so it looks the same except for texture and minor details so it will be stronger than the steel version etc.

Can can be an elf, dwarf, human and qunari.

At the start of the game if you are choosing a rogue or warrior you can choose what sort you intend to be which will alter your starting gear, you can still become any sort you want and it doesn't change you skills but if you want to be a sword and shield etc you will start with the right gear.

Open world game
    Mounts
    All followers are in the default game, there are no dlc followers.

5. Slikar

Slikar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Open world? Mounts? Damn, i never knew that. Trying to stay away from all media and spoilers , only saw some nice screenshots , hoping to be great DA game. Personaly i wish a mixture between DAO and DA2 , basically almost everything like DAO , plus some fresh/new stuff , but without awful slow combat

6. chuuey

chuuey Guest

Better late than never then xD I will be picking it up then! :)

7. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Crafting and customisation trailer.

Talks about armour customisation, schematics, alchemy including potions and bombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYAECehIuKY

@Slikar

It looks so much better than wither dragon age game, either witcher game so far and better than skyrim.

Open world, insane amounts of customisation ( more than any of the games I just mentioned ), and all sorts of goodies like the best graphics in an rpg to date.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  8. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    damn just noticed this is coming out the same day as fc4 (nov 18). Might have to take off work

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yeah, DA3, AC:U and FC4 all come out in the same timeframe, I will pick DA3 though and get the rest another time. I freaking HATE this launch cramping every damn fall. :bang:

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    This is going to be a good game. I loved the original (never finished it though), loved the 2nd game (finished it). This one will be a true gem, from what I've seen so far. Day 1 purchase from me.

This will imo blow TW3 out the water.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Didnt like the other Dragon Ages. Felt to much like rat in a maze type exploring. Though this one does look great, i just hope they can make the dragons in this look more life like when flying compared to Skyrim's theme park dragon on a wire look.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    not in the graphics dept., you can take that to the bank.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Witcher 3 looks worse with every new batch of screens. Pc gamers are just giving W3 the old savior treatment similar to what they do with HL and Gabe.

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    it's showcasing a lotta new tech, it's gonna be like nothing else seen before.
    dragon age looks dx9 is it?

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    DX9, most probably. Though, most dx9 games these days tend to look just as good as DX11 titles and so far DA looks no different.

16. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    It is using the same engine as battlefield 4 and the last game was dx11 with great extra effects so why the hell would they go down 2 api levels?

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This has the same frostbite engine version as BF4... so no, no DX9, it will be DX11(Mantle too) and 64bit with all the features it can have.

Also got to love the typical smartass hate/fanboy attitude bandwagons you get arround 2 "rival" games/companies, in this case for TW3 and DA3. I will get both on release day and play the **** out of them (just like I did with all TW1, TW2, DA1, DA2). Both games will be awesome and I am glad that we have 2 RPGs of such calibre come out relatively close to one another.

18. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Completely agree! I'm also pleased that they are now reasonably spaced out as it will give me chance to get the most out of DA3 before moving on to TW3!

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm excited for this one. I can see myself loosing countless hours to this game just like I did with the last 2 games.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol yeah .. it's stupid behaviour. It's like a kid refusing to buy and play with Batman and Wolverine action figures. Anyway, I hope this game is good ... I loved DAO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.