Dragon Age 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Jul 26, 2010.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  2. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
  3. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    The shield is useless to me, as I plan to work Hawke the same way I worked my Grey Warden - tanker/melee dps with a two-handed sword. Ah, the good times when he was the last one standing and single-handedly took out Flemeth (though that took a while and a lot of potions).

If there are templar abilities, I'm going for that. Nothing like skills that can soften up enemy spells

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Don't know on what difficulty you played but I tried tanking with 2 hander and on hard and I needed like zizilions potions. :(

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    is this new game is like previous one i mean which u point and click? or u must press the mouse button to make each swing? like lets say TWO WORLDS 2 ?

6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Somewhat in-between both, you can zoom out to a more tactical approach (PC version at least.) but also fight up close and it's more refined or worked over this time so a lot of focus in screens and media have been on combat, unfortunately it seems the RPG aspects will be toned down somewhat in turn.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    like in MASS EFFECT 2 lets say?

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  9. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    played it on hard too, lol. Let's just say by the time Wynne died, she'd already cast all the buff spells on my main character

@ I'd say that it's only similar to Mass Effect 2 in terms of cinematic quality and conversations.

Check this article out,

http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1143660p1.html

so for those who didn't know, the story works backwards, with Varric the dwarf re-telling your rise to glory

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    they had to put LOVE scenes again hu :D...

But the visuals..seems abit cartoonish and borderlands style..i hope it wont FAIL to my taste for ME..

The Witcher is the EPIC competitor tot this game for real...as someone said: DA1 is so so but TW will be EPIC imo too.

11. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
  12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    looks cool.

but the comment on the video is lame..`its an insult to both funs of DA and DS`..i lolled hard..INSULT..fcking ignorant gypsies..developer puts a bonus stuff to game and look how some people acts..`insult`..man i really wish so much to punch him into face and talk about real life , teach him what INSULT means for real..

anyway, bring it on!

13. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    The point is they are all marketing gimmicks, not helping the game be any better. The only people who get to have all these "items" are people who pirate the game, now does that seem right to you? Game companies should be able to offer more/better/easier experience than people who pirate the game, but they continually to offer less/worse/harder experiences.

This type of frustration occurs with me and I love Bioware. It makes me NOT purchase the game.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i respect your idea but don't agree with u..a company tries to earn money as u and me try to do too..of course they will use marketing strategies, u and some calls them GIMMICK or what ever u call it..but at the end of the day they try to earn money more and more...i build and sell flats..in my latest project i also put fridge and washing machine etc to the flats i sell..people liked it too much..is it marketing gimmic? yes some came here and says: the fridge and washing machine u put is just a small amount of addon to ur falt..i say: yes but at the end of the day its an ADDITION..not sweet? maybe not to them but most of the people loved it and purchased...

iam not a marketing professor ..probably no one here..i just look from my perspective, and i respect the way u look at it..no hard and offense here i hope.

Any kind of small addition is welcome.

15. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    more like subtraction ...lol

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  17. MegaBear

MegaBear Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    I'll pass this time, they have been "Mass Effecting 2" this game too. I'll wait for the GOTY Edition. And BTW there are 3 DLC on the Xbox live on day one for Dead Space 2. So if you buy Dead Space 2 you get an armor from a futuristic survival horror game from a none Bioware product in DA2 ( ??? ) but you don't get all the content. There's another DLC allmost rdy for DS2, got to love EA

EA, " it's not in the game"

18. chris

chris Guest

GPU:
    GTX460
    EA, " it's not in the game"

nah its in the DLC :)

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  20. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    BTW, for those of you who are getting this game, I have a Dragon Age 2 DLC left over from Dead Space 2, and I'd rather just give it away since i'm not buying DA.