1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DPC Latency with Geforce 540 M

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by StaticCPU, Mar 10, 2013.

1. StaticCPU

StaticCPU New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 540m
    Before you guys tell me, I know there's several threads on this topic, however, none of them help me at all.
    I'm having a big problem with my graphics card, and not even people at NVIDIA can help me. I'm experiencing a problem called DPC Latency, which causes lag in any game that uses my NVIDIA Gforce 540 M card. What happens, is that I'll be playing, and suddenly I'll go through a big lag spike for a few seconds, then it goes away. However, this spike happens every 10 seconds or so, and it really kills gaming for me. This problem didn't happen until November 24, 2012, yet I had gotten it January of the same year. I've tried using different drivers, overclocking, and underclocking (which sort of solves the lag but makes games run awful). Any additional info needed can be given on request, I just really need this problem solved ASAP. Thanks! Also, I'm using a Sony Vaio laptop.

2. tomaas

tomaas New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gt540m
    hi, have you finally found a solution, couse I'm having the exact same problem.
    Thanks

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    How did you find out that DPC latency is the culprit?

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Your on laptop, have your tried playing with AC power cored connected and put MAX Performance for power profile?.

Problem one is laptops are not meant for gaming no mater what anyone says. They are prone To overheating and throttling to do how hot they get

And Lag and bad framerates are the the samething

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013