DPC Latency issues seems related to graphics drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by khazim, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    It makes perfect sense actually, considering both the SATA controller and the NIC are using the PCI bus.
    And what does a wireless adapter have to do with an onboard NIC?
    The wireless is using USB which is far slower than NIC which uses the PCI bus. One has nothing to do with the other.

That's pointless because Windows ACPI overrides the BIOS instructions and has done ever since the introduction of ACPI processors.

Anyway, you're always going to get some lag with onboard A/V devices..

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. khazim

khazim New Member

GPU:
    Club3D 8800GT 512MB
    Hmm. Can't really find anything on this. Doesn't say anything about it in ther manual.

Only in this portion of the Resource by Type-view were there matching IRQs. However under the "Resources" tab of every of those it says that there's "No conflicts".
    Resources by Type

Done that before.

Done this before for both LAN and onboard audio.

Oh. But it really shouldn't be 12ms here anyhow I suppose. Thanks for the clarification though.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  3. kpo6969

kpo6969 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Mobo bios just as big of an issue with latency.

F9a (beta)

[​IMG]

F8f (beta)
    [​IMG]

F8
    [​IMG]

4. khazim

khazim New Member

GPU:
    Club3D 8800GT 512MB
    Thanks for the tip. I've tried all the three BIOS:es that's out for my motherboard. No visual difference there that i can see sadly.

The BIOS:es are
    F1, F2 and F3c

I felt confident that it is my motherboard that is at fault, before. But now I've got a hard time to get to it and order a new one. Been asking myself, what if it is the graphics card? Only way to check this out that I can think of is to try another card in the PCI-E slot. Sadly I've got none at my disposal though :(

EDIT: Managed to borrow another 8800gt gfx-card, and as soon as i started up with this one, the problem is all gone. Latency seems to keep itself between 0.02 and 0.04ms. Quite a difference from before, where it was on 10-12ms. Anyway have to give the gfx back now, and back it is to audiostutter for a while, before i can sort a new card out :(

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009