Downloaded some patches on my internet 6GB=125 bucks

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by gerardfraser, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    no complains here with Shaw
    [​IMG]

2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    [​IMG]

Comcast...3 cable boxes...Home phone(unlimited LD)...Wireless Internet Gateway...$117.00 Month...

3. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT

I've got Comcrap for internet but Dish for TV... the tv service from comcrap just sucks around here!

I mean I can't complain much about the speeds but could be better if they roll out DOCSIS 3 at some point.

[​IMG]

4. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    i remember back in the days where there was only dial up and i was charged like 300 bucks for the month. I disputed the bill and they told me its not the usage but the time you were online. Apperantely i forgot to shut down and the connection was on all night.

5. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    I had a dongle for three mobile with a 15gig monthly allowance for £15 a month because I lived somewhere without a phone line and the landlord wouldn't allow one (POS)

Anyway, a few time I went over my monthly limit and got charge big piles of shiny treasure just for a a gig or two of internet down/uploads! I think it's like 10p per meg over the limit!

I was so glad when I moved house and got rid of that thing!

6. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    My mobile 4g has a grandfathered plan of 6gigs for $30 a month.I am with Rogers and they are always trying to get me to upgrade my phone for X amount of $'s on a contract for 3yrs. The last time they called to do this I gave the poor lady on the phone a piece of my mind and asked her how she could justify less bandwidth usage at a higher price as savings. She appologised and sent me a rogers prepaid visa worth $30 and thanked me for being a valued customer. I haven't got one of those calls in a while. :)

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Too bad the landlines also blow ass. It took so many years until finally the standard (under $100/m) internet speed got raised to 3MB/s or 24Mbits as they like to call it to make people think it's actually a significant amount.

I was blown away that I was able to get any "decent" price at all in my new area. As I said in the other thread my connection is over $45/m for 25down/7up/125GB and that's a half price promotion from Bell for 12 months.

They wanted to charge me $100 for installation so I told them cancel my account... and then they said they would do the installation for free insisting it won't appear on my bill. I'm sure it WILL appear on my bill and I'll have to call those idiots and argue with them just like Robbers Cable. They screwed up the installation and my account and I had to be on the phone for 2 hours until some poor guy had to do all the work all over again until they finally sent someone to fix the physical part of it. On that note I made it clear to them I'm foaming at the mouth in rage over the cap so the bastards added measly promotional 40GB more. They only allow a maximum of 80GB more beyond that for $10 more on the bill.

So in the end it would be $56/m for 25/7/245 and that is hands down the best available in the heart of the GTA, the highest charged/taxed area on this side of the damn planet... that's pathetic. $2.50 a GB beyond that, I keep telling the service reps on the phone this isn't 1993 anymore, a GB is nothing. I say that because occasionally a manager or some other jerkwad listens to some random recordings and if there many of the same complaint they might do something about it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  8. Kenpomasta

Kenpomasta Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 570 SOC
    I'm comparing canadian vs canadian prices and plans, bringing a foreign comparison, more so another continent is like comparing apples and oranges.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    yall want to hear something funny? im at my sisters house putting together an entertainment center and a bookcase. so i decided that while i was messing with that stuff, i would log into my online cloud storage and do some backups of my things. so 4 hours later it finally dawns on me that she has comcast. DOH!!! i just burnt up 200gb out of her 250gb monthly limit. :wanker:
    [​IMG]

10. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well the project manager called me today and was wondering why the internet bill was so high.
    It was over 1000 bucks this month when regular it is only 200-300 bucks.
    I guess work is on the same plan as my plan and my downloading went a little over the top this month at work also. LOL I just can not win.