Download: Samsung SSD Magician 6.1.0

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Carbonic, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Carbonic

Carbonic Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    toyo likes this.
  2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    looks superb.

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Samsung has updated their Samsung SSD Magician towards build 6.0.0, Samsung Magician software is designed to help you manage your SSD with a simple and intuitive user interface. The software is mirro...

Download: Samsung SSD Magician 6.0.0

toyo likes this.
  4. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    6.0 seems to have lost some features, gained some as well. Only Bitlocker seems to remain in place from the previously offered 3 encryption possibilities, which makes some sense, one requires a BIOS toggle most desktops don't have, and another external software like Veracrypt (I think).
    UI is better now. Also the 2 new features I'm seeing is "PSID Revert" (seems only to be available for my 970 Evo Plus, the 850 Evo doesn't have it) and "Diagnostic Scan" (also available only on the 970 Evo Plus for some reason, and not on the 850 Evo).

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019

5. Abomlol

Abomlol Member

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Samsung Magician 6.0 no longer shows SMART drive details for my PM961. The previous rev did. UI is superfluous. Ended up uninstalling and sticking to CrystalDisk's offerings.

6. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    I beg to differ.

They made a "modern" (read: Dumb) UI which is complete trash for anyone which actually knows more than just how to press the power button on a computer to turn it off and on again.

A good interface that shows all the relevant information in a quick and organized way:
    [​IMG]

Uninstalled "magish*tian" immediately after installing it. Waste of SSD space.

---
    p.s.
    Version 4 was actually the best they made, and it all went downwards since then:
    [​IMG]

This one was actually useful, clean, with all the features clearly visible.

vestibule and Order_66 like this.
  7. ClearDisplay

ClearDisplay Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4650
    About their wonderful, new, modern UI I'll only say this: it won't fit my 1680x1050 screen (125% DPI) and it's not resizable. Only Minimize and Close buttons available. In 2019.

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Fisher Price Kinder edition.

vestibule, airbud7 and Keitosha like this.
  9. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    125% DPI on 1050p screen is kinda way way too much, I use 125DPI on 4K screen

10. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb

It has all the same features

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It shows SMART for everything, including my HDDs of different brands and Corsair MP510, you looked in the wrong place

Amaze likes this.

11. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    The Magician setup file in the archive seems to be for the old 6.0 version, not 6.1 as advertised.

12. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    Noticed that too, but you can update directly from the application itself.

13. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I think the download servers skipped one sync, just downloaded it to verify and it holds 6.1.0

toyo likes this.
  14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Doesn't hurt to update I suppose, latest NVME driver and this seem like fairly minor updates overall but eh never know. :D
    https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/global.semi.static/Samsung_Magician_6_0_0_Installation Guide_v1.1.pdf

And for the 3.3 NVME driver it's this.

https://s3.ap-northeast-2.amazonaws.com/global.semi.static/Samsung_NVMeDriver_InstallationGuide.pdf

The dates tend to be older than when Samsung puts them up for download, fairly certain the NVME popped up early March and the Magician software was up for download yesterday.

EDIT: Aha and some symbol maybe didn't quote or copy over correctly but the Yes/No symbology in the software got changed. :p

Nope it copied over as per the PDF, might be less Y/N more supported/not supported perhaps.

15. powerplanz

powerplanz Guest

GPU:
    rtx 2070 8gb
    hello everyone

im hoping to find some answers

i have a samsung t5 2tb ssd that i bought last july.

i mainly used it a for a project i was working on when i was traveling, once the project was over i just put it away and i forgot about it.

found it a couple days ago and plugged it in, its asking for a password. i used the same password that i use for everything and its not working, after so many attempts the size of the harddrive shows as 48mb

i dont care whats on the ssd as that project is long over, moreso i paid over $500 for the drive at the time and would have to pitch it because of this password.....

anyway, i was looking for a way to get passed it and hoping someone here may have an answer?

TIA

i will try and check for replys periodically but if anyone does have pertinent suggestions i can be reached at powerplanz@outlook.com

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    wish there was way to see if there "firmware" updates with having to install that. I dont install this or see need too

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well there's Samsungs website but I don't think there's any other software for doing a update check plus the other functions Magician features but it can also be installed and then turned off and disabled from running and then just checking on it monthly without it doing anything else as the actual NVME driver is stand-alone should users prefer that over the Windows 10 default. :)

https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/

18. gamerdude

gamerdude Guest

GPU:
    12gb
    thanks for version 4. For some reason the latest version 6 doesn't support many features for my 850 pros, such as overprivisoning, while the older version does.

19. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    It seems the Magician v6.2.0 download is linking to the NVMe drivers?

Edit: I'm wrong it contains everything but v6.2.0 despite being named NVMe driver 3.3

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  20. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Hilbert, the 3.3 NVMe drivers that got listed again as a new release on the page are the same as the old ones from the beginning of the year, I think?
    -
    Unrelated, the 6.2 Magician is somewhat faster accessing the drives, it used to be quite slow. You also get a 980 Pro advertisement on it.

JonasBeckman likes this.