Download Realtek HD Audio 2.80 driver

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 5, 2016.

1. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    i have a weird problem... i use a maximus 6 formula.. alc 1150. if i install driver without uninstalling the default( provided by microsoft ) driver the left speaker becomes louder then the other speaker.

2. CrazyBaldhead

CrazyBaldhead Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    These are actually months old drivers, first released for OEM, now finally on the official update channel. I believe 6.0.1.8216 is the latest now.

edit: wrong thread

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  3. djm67

djm67 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080

The link downloads a file named 2.81 driver.........................

4. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    That's the version number I have says installed on April 6/17 never even realized it had installed lol.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Whenever I update my Realtek onboard sound drivers the CPU pegs at 100% for ages, and fires the volume control up to 50%, if I move it back down it instantly goes back to 50%, it does this for a good 5 mins before reboot, and another few mins after reboot

6. ocsystem

ocsystem Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070Ti
    why no support for ALC898. anyone knows?

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Try newer drivers from here http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?lang=en

It's a french website but it's easy enough to figure out, they usually have the newest of the new drivers.

Or just go to the the support page for whatever motherboard it is you want the driver for.

8. marcolau

marcolau New Member

GPU:
    gtx 980 4gb
    yeah

Yeah those are the worst drivers they made so far.....

No Audio Manager , win 8.1 / 10 .......5.1 confing rear speakers still not working

Default win 10 drivers give u more options lol

Drivers are updated once every 25 years !

Next mobo i ll buy i ll make sure it doesnt have realtek on board thats for sure !

9. blurp33

blurp33 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti on H2O
    Tenforums has an active thread about Realtek Audio Drivers : Here.

Might be worth trying new Realtek drivers direct from Microsoft. Me too I reverted to Windows 10 drivers. The Realtek ones would mess with impedance boost for my headphones. I had to manually put back extreme impedance at every restart.

Reading this thread will also help fixing the 'no realtek control panel' issue for those interested.

10. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Member Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    I installed the latest driver, 2.82 and I had the 2.81.... My mic wasn't detecting my voice only if I put in in front of my mount...I uninstalled it, and than I saw that Microsoft have a driver even for Realtek soundcards... and it was pretty new, from iul, so i gived a try, and man, it's awesome! Don't really recommend using the new 2.82, i love driver updates, but damn... this one have something. Realtek is one of the "best" driver releaser (they released a driver for win me or 98 in 2010 for a specific thing xd) .. they release drivers for everything, Linux, mac, dos, etc :) Btw, guru3d sais last update support Windows vista and xp.. while realtek website say only 7+

11. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    ???

Whatever happened to the Realtek control panel in win$ 10? I had it with the previous one, now it disappeared?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  12. uKER

uKER Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2070
    For whatever reason, all of the 2.82 packages for download on Realtek's site are "Driver only", meaning they don't have any control panel app.
    Crappy as it is, I still used it for the equalizer (I still have analog desktop speakers, but HDMI to a 5.1 Denon AVR, so leave me alone).
    So yeah, it's back to 2.81 for me.

13. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Strange. I reverted to 2.81, and Realtek CP is there. Then I upgraded from within device manager (".inf" procedure). And AGAIN the Realtek control panel dissappeares. And running the GUI from the install folder DOES not bring it back (as erroneously suggested here as a cure).
    OK, I'll use window$' native audio ("Sound") control panel - it's less handy but does the job (even the effects like "room", "stadium" etc. are there).

14. Entranc3d

Entranc3d New Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 280X 3GB
    I know this is pressing the same topic about the control panel, but got a rather interesting answer from Realtek:

[​IMG]

EDIT: corrected image link, hope everyone can see it now

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  15. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Hmm no one can see the photo

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017

16. Entranc3d

Entranc3d New Member

GPU: