Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Krteq, May 6, 2021.

1. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.5.1 Highlights
    Support For

• Resident Evil Village™
      • Up to 13% increase in performance in Resident Evil Village @ 4K MAX settings, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.5.1 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.4.1.RS-362
    • Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition™
    Fixed Issues
    • Disco Elysium™ may experience texture flickering on trees with Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
    • Performance metrics may incorrectly report temperatures on Ryzen™ 5 1600 series processors.
    • Lower than expected performance may be experienced at 4K resolutions on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products in some Payday 2™ missions.
    • Moonlight Blade™ may experience an application crash when entering a game with ray tracing enabled.
    • Green corruption may be observed in some video previews on the Radeon Software media pages or thumbnails.
    • Radeon Software hotkeys using the numpad may sometimes fail to correctly save or work after upgrading to a newer Radeon Software version.
    • Radeon Software recording and media files may intermittently fail to detect and tag Rainbow Six Siege™ screenshots, replays, or recordings.
    • Added Radeon Software game detection for some recently added Xbox Game Pass games.
    Known Issues
    • Uninstalling or upgrading Radeon Software using the factory reset option may delete AMD chipset driver folders if they are stored in the same directory as the Radeon Software installation. Users who wish to perform a factory reset are recommended to use the AMD cleanup utility instead.
    • Resident Evil Village™ may experience an intermittent application hang or TDR on AMD Radeon VII graphics products in the first mission of the game.
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    • Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
    • Radeon Software may experience a crash when Record & Stream tab is in use and a display is hot plugged.
    • Radeon FreeSync™ may intermittently become locked while on desktop after performing task switching between extended and primary displays upon closing a game, causing poor performance or stuttering. A system restart is a potential workaround if this is experienced.
    • Cyberpunk 2077™ may experience shadow corruption on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics when ray tracing is enabled.
    • The download or launch Ryzen Master buttons in Radeon Software may intermittently disappear or may fail to initialize Ryzen Master.
    • If Ryzen Master is not detected in Adrenalin software after installation, a system restart may be required.
    • DOTA®2 may experience flickering and corruption on RyzenTM Mobile 5000 series.
    • FPS logging may log incorrectly or fail to log on RyzenTM Mobile 4000 series and RyzenTM Mobile 5000 series.
    AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
    • AMD is investigating isolated reports of intermittent loss of signal during Stream Optimization if HEVC is used on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products or later. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
    • Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.

Download: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-21-5-1-driver-download.html

2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    So, how is it?

3. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    i'm curious if we will get the UWP version too

4. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Skyrim enb fixed ?o_O

5. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    That's a job for the mod owner/skyrim not for AMD

6. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    ^ you can't say that because we don't know whats go wrong. It worked flawnessly til 21.2.3
    But I will take a look and cross my fingers allthough I probably know the outcame....

7. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    And.........its not fixed

8. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    The new "enhanced" Metro Exodus looks horrible! The old one with RT looks much better!

itpro likes this.
  9. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Exactly two months. How many reports did you fill?

10. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Wolfenstein New Order still has weird display corruption... I will submit a bug report on every new driver until they fix it :)

Attached Files:

11. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    yup just watched some video aaaaand it sucks

12. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    four or five.

itpro likes this.
  13. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    ARE THEY ever gonna fix the Stuttering issue??????

14. Cidious

Cidious Guest

GPU:
    6900XT + EKWB
    HAVE YOU ever filed a bug report?

15. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Every driver you keep crying the same crap about this.
    Just wow, I mean seriously.

D1stRU3T0R, Krteq, Passus and 2 others like this.

16. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    But no, good ole DF analysis video promises M:EE is the best looking RT update/remake ever published, so, it must be true. ;) /s

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Radeon Settings can be a bit crash prone but other than that I haven't noticed anything particular (And this is not a new issue.) although AMD's issues seem to be compatibility and retaining fixes and improvements for the RDNA1 and GCN lineup of GPU's more so than RDNA2 now so it doesn't really say much now that I am on a 6800 GPU.

There's one right there in the release notes about the Radeon VII crashing on Resident Evil 8 for example though that particular GPU has had a number of support related issues since it's a bit special.

Also a new Ryzen SDK component and after toggling it's properties in the registry uninstall info it can be uninstalled together with DVR64 and OpenWVR64 guessing it relates to the CPU metrics and monitoring added in 21.4.1 for those who require it. :)
    AMD's also using the 1.2.162 Vulkan runtime so I just grab the latest (1.2.176) and install that afterwards nothing that's really required I just like having the latest for any runtime specific bug fixes.

Gaming wise no issues in the current lineup of newer games I'm slowly getting through, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Watch_Dogs Legion with the existing backlog mostly consisting of older games so those don't really have any problems.
    Profile wise Boost for RE8 DX12 is a thing in these drivers too and Metro Exodus is supported but no figures or anything were provided by AMD so I don't know if it means anything.

Eastcoasthandle, jimpsar and PrEzi like this.
  18. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    I know i'm being annoying but: Is radeonsoftware.exe crash fixed?

*Edit*
    @JonasBeckman answered this already.

19. Sentenced

Sentenced Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    BTW it seems like they have updated their cleanup utility, like it was suggested on changelog (file's digital signature is from 30 April 2021 - new logo too).

20. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I'm sorry but I cann't stand it they broke it. I was busy with an enb project and the only option is switching on and off to another older driver.
    How would you react when they broke your favorite game, it's so frustrating.

PieEyedPiper, OnnA and GSDragoon like this.