Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Yup you explained it better than me. :p

2. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 - Acer XR34
    hehe, I'm fairly technical and did read what they did under the hood; I just wanted to confirm my understanding more than anything. Seems I was on the right lines.

Undying likes this.
  3. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    @OnnA and any Vega user:

Pls check your hbm oc (if any), P0-1-2 shows 800MHz (an it's grayed out, won't let me manually change it), but clocks seem to work correctly (167-500-800 fluctuation, load dependent).

4. reslore

reslore Member

GPU:
    ASUS Vega 64
    That wattman memory clock display bug has been around for a while, it still works as it should. Performance overlay and HW monitoring programs show the correct numbers.

Hypernaut likes this.

5. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    Αh, thanks. Haven't noticed it before.

Hypernaut likes this.
  6. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Can't speak for the latest driver but i had one website that had some odd flickering that didn'T happen with any other browser. IIt would even appear on desktop when resizing the Firefox window (so that i can see the desktop). However that was with 20.12.1 and i only had it on one specific forum post somehwere where it was reproducuable. Maybe that's related?

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    It's fine, try to reinstall.
    All Tweaks + Mem OC is working NP.
    Greets :cool:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    Hypernaut likes this.
  8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Can't really replicate your issues. Can you share games in which it happens?

Hypernaut likes this.
  9. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    So I have noticed two things with this driver. Other than the below two issues, so far, I have not had a single issue with games, windows, or apps and it seems to be quite good otherwise.

First, when using the framerate cap my card doesn't boost as high which keeps frames lower than they would be without the cap. So, if i cap at 140 it will be under 140 while running Time Spy and the boosting is in the 2100-2250 range. Although, if I turn off the framerate cap the card will then boost into the 2400s the whole time even though both scenarios the card is not pushing out 140 fps; this is very strange behaviour. I ended up trying Radeon Chill and making the minimum and maximum 140fps and the card then boosts to the highest clocks possible. Something is definitely wrong with the framerate cap as this behaviour is new in the 21.4.1 drivers.

EDIT3: Ok I think I figured out what was causing the flickering with freesync. I tried Radeon Enanced Sync for the first time and in DX11 games it makes the monitor internal refresh rate go crazy and cause insane brightness flickering. Turning off Enhanced Sync makes the brighness flickering go away in all the games I have tested using DX11. Looks like Radeon Enhanced Sync + Freesync + DX11 is broken.

Probably obsolete:

Second, Squad has crazy brightness flickering when Freesync Premium Pro is on even though my FPS is always around 135-140 which is in the Freeseync range. In the OSD of my monitor I notice that the refresh rate is bouncing around constantly from the 60s to 144 even the actual in game framerate is a constant 135-140. I guess I will have to turn off Freesync while playing Squad until this is fixed. Monitor is Samsung CHG70 27" with firmware v1025 using Display Port.

Anyone else notice either of these issues?

Edit1: Noticed a lot of brightness flickering with freesync in Insurgency Sandstorm and Totally Accurate Battlegrounds which was not present in previous drivers. Looks like freesync flicker is back with a vengeance on this driver. Also, yes, I did run DDU and installed the drivers.

Edit2: So, I think I figured out that the freesync flickering issue is with DX11 games as I booted up Deep Rock Galactic which recently switched to DX12 and it had no brightness flickering what so ever. I put in -dx12 into the Insurgency Sandstorm launch options in steam and it has little to no flickering now and the refesh rate on my monitor's OSD is much more in line with the actual framerate rather than bouncing around like crazy from 60-144 even though I am locked in at 120fps. Would be interested if others can chime in with their 6xxx series and brightness flickering in DX11 games with freesync enabled.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  10. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    well here I think it's a great driver no problem so far

11. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Used UWP - v27.20.21001.7005 before and had no issues with them so I installed these on release date after DDU (just ti be sure).

Again, no issues so far after few days of use

12. illusiveman

illusiveman Member

GPU:
    AMD 6700XT
    For me it's working great except in one game, Wolfenstein new order. It has some weird display corruption, lines appear everywhere on the texture walls, ground and on the characters. It looks like vertical and horizontal black lines that intersect and form like a square grid pattern...can someone that has this game confirm this ? I'm using a 5700XT.

The problem is with the current driver 21.4.1 if I rollback to 21.3... Whatever the previous whql driver, it all works great, no problems. I also submitted a bug report.

13. justdoge

justdoge Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    HD64G likes this.
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  15. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    I Cant Unnnistall, missing button option. How to uninstall that crap?

[​IMG]

16. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    i have some flickering textures on arthurs coats in RDR2 otherwise good driver for everything else i have played

i like the vivid colours really helps my asus tuf vg249 monitor

as for wattman issues i only ever use afterburner anyway

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB

18. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    Anyone who noticed the stuttering with the KB update?

What GPU do you have?

19. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    yA, but I dont have "uninstall" button option, is missing

20. justdoge

justdoge Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    performing disk cleanup removes WU backups making uninstall impossible. it can probably also happen during automatic maintenance. gotta w8 for fix. if some one gets it, pls post KB number