Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Nothing critical. It's just the cleanup is not as clean as expected (can be seen in the log)

Here what I have to add.
    -There is a new "media" device class name: AMD streaming Audio. (you can find it in device manager under "Sound, video and game controllers"
    -An AMD process that check if radeonsetting is alive that could popup a message when cleaning in normal mode when the GPU is getting uninstalled.
    -AMD link removal. from folders and start menu.

Stuff like that.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    Mott, somemadcaaant, chispy and 2 others like this.
  2. The Creator

The Creator Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT
    I'm with 21359.1 build and 21.4.1 drivers - no HAGS. As I know It's for RDNA cards only.

Mott likes this.
  3. newls1

newls1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan XP (2017)
    no one has noticed that this driver breaks OCing for atleast 6900 series cards.... My OCing is completely broken on my 6900xt. Went back to 21.3.1 and everything is perfect again. Just tossing that out there

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Why AMD thinks basic options like controlling a video cards voltage is not worthy of being a part of the minimal installation is beyond me.

Everything relating to social media and streaming is pointless, the video card driver having a web browser... pointless... minimal install needs to be able to control the video card, being forced to install all this extra crap just to have the basic option of controlling the voltage is just ridiculous.

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    Works well here. Im not one of these I need all this in a minimal install cry babies. Full install.

Yea, I wish there was 32:9 VSR for 1080p Superwides, but Im not gonna cry about it.

panogr likes this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    You could at the very least shed one singular tear.

MaCk0y, Jackalito and Undying like this.
  7. gpxjohn

gpxjohn Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    FFXIV
    borderless fullscreen mode
    If I switch to other window than switch back to the game, 1~2 sec lag will be observed.
    This problem didn't happen in 21.3.2.

5950X + 6900XT + Win10 20H2

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  8. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    Did they fix the Stuttering issue? UFO Tests and VR games? and many other games? and also HDR detection for Zombie Army 4?
    Installed..... Wth.. still stuttering in many games especially VR games.

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8G
    What GPU, games, and headset?

I have a RX 580 and Quest 2, and haven't noticed any new or unexpected stuttering with these drivers, or any, but I haven't observed frametime graphs or anything.

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    6900XT Reverb G2
    Half-Life Alyx
    Medal of honor beyond

And many others.

Also, Zombie Army 4 HDR hasn't been fixed. still not detecting HDR with any new drivers except 21.2.3

What the hell am I supposed to do????? when are they going to fix this issue!! it's exactly like the Nvidia issue that happened in VR!!!

What happened with any other drivers since 21.3.x that isn't there in 21.2.x it's blowing my mind!!
    What could possibly change!!

11. patteSatan

patteSatan Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390
    I believe this is the last hurrah for my r9 390, but it is good for my needs.

12. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Are you using FreeSync? If so, do you have a refresh rate overlay on you monitor. It might be FreeSync bugging out, the monitor overlay will show if it is. If it's happening, the FPS in game will be fine but the refresh rate will not be correct. Possibly jumping between the game FPS and max.

13. ogiebogie

ogiebogie Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6900XT
    Other than slight Port Royale score loss (within margin of error) OCing on my 6900 is still the same and working. Loaded up new driver rebooted. Set MPT again. Rebooted again and loaded OC settings. No issue here.

Jackalito and jimpsar like this.
  14. gpxjohn

gpxjohn Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    Edit:
    Turn off the FreeSync feature directly from monitor(AOC C24G1) solved my problem.

Thanks for your reply :)

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    At a guess AMD combined the full installation with the Windows Store "Radeon Settings Light" version while also adding a option to install neither of the two software suites.

Was hoping for a modular approach for the core and then adding and removing parts like the streaming, game profiles, wattman and the like but that does not seem to be the case so you either get a very minimal software or everything.

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Funny thing is that I used to have it available (and enabled) for some time when I had 5700 XT. Then I had temporarily RX 580 and in that time either build of windows or driver removed this capability.
    It was doing something. And mainly improved minimum fps observed and made frametimes more stable. And while every percent of performance counts. I think MS/AMD/nVidia are far from finishing its design and putting it into proper operation.
    Currently on 21286.rs. And if we look at HAGS vs SAM (RBAR). HAGS got introduction 1st by a lot of time. But SAM is already available for many people.
    So it speaks about complexity. RBAR is like light switch and then software uses larger addressable memory space block. Games either benefit or not. And maybe in time, AMD/nVidia find some smarter way to deal with data as this just enables greater control. And in general improves on lower performance spectrum.

For HAGS, I tend to expect higher benefit for stronger GPUs in more CPU limited scenarios where driver would be culprit of bottleneck.
    Which right now exists more on nVidia's side than AMD's. (But it is still there somewhere.)

It will be interesting to see RBAR+HAGS in action together. As they are likely going to have pretty good effect for people who have troubles with fps drops and occasional stutter caused by resource management.

At higher end of performance, I do expect that we will be able to stop using fps limiter at value close to minimum fps we are getting. (Thanks to much more stable frametimes.)
    That could mean using 200fps limit instead of 160fps limit while having not only more fps, but not noticing actual fluctuation.
    = = = =

Btw. with 21.3.2 I realized there is still good old periodic micro-freeze when monitoring suftware is running in background.
    Was running MWO and I was having 100ms micro-freeze like every 8~10 seconds. And after a while I did remember and turned off GPUz.
    Not sure if it is regression or it never went away as I stopped using HWiNFO64 due to this in times of RX 5700 XT.

17. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Have you reported these issues with the required info to AMD?

18. justdoge

justdoge Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    hunt showdown runs better now, more responsive

somemadcaaant and OnnA like this.
  19. Kuss

Kuss Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire N 5700tx
    no HAGS:(

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not only has this always happened on radeon drivers, its always happened on nvidia drivers.