Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 20, 2021.

1. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    This driver seems to be good for my card, temps seems fine after more than one hour of COD MW WZ SP campaign (this game does have oodles of cut scenes), my room's at a comfy 23C with my usual preset UV/Power Limit/fan setting....two things puzzle me:
    1. Why is the memory clock showing this? Is this normal?
    2. Why is Memory Used (Dedicated) so high? I mean 14.5 GB is kinda high, isn't it?
    [​IMG]

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Its allocating alot of memory and usage is also high. I bet COD runs alot smoother than on a 10gb 3080.

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    VideoMemoryScale = 0.55
    All things COD related.

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    On 3090 it uses ~20GB ;) so no biggy there....

5. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    It runs buttery smooth with whatever ingame graphics setting I can max out at 3840x1080, constant 100fps even with RT enabled. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do with the RT (not RTX) only version of Metro Exodus when it comes out in a day or two. Hope my card can do it justice.....so far, pretty happy with the performance of my card.

somemadcaaant likes this.
  6. The Creator

The Creator Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT
    Shall we expect 21.5.1 drivers for the premiere of Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition tomorrow? :rolleyes:

I'm not so optimistic about the 6800XT performance in this version of the game.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    jimpsar and JonasBeckman like this.
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Wonder if variable rate shading does anything for RT performance but it could maybe free up additional GPU resources the way AMD handles this so that works by extent and improves performance for this too, though the developers own performance metrics were without VRS or DLSS (For NVIDIA.) so I expect it to run better than it did originally with ray tracing activated. :)
    Non-RT might not be available but the effect will still be mixed and judging by the image comparisons and the earlier Digital Foundry comparison video the developers seem to be doing a good job with shadows, reflections and the global illumination though I am curious how they balance out having multiple bounces instead of a single one and there's the console version as well even if the higher-end ray traced reflections aren't part of that.

Youtube video isn't the best source but the effect might be a bit noisy for some of the image quality or visual trade-offs in order to hit this 60 FPS target framerate (Or 30 which I think I also saw on their PC system requirements overview depending on hardware and game settings used.) will be really entertaining to see how it all works once it's unlocked.

Not going to play through the game again myself though I preferred 2033 and Last Light to Exodus but tech wise I'm really interested in seeing how it'll perform and look. :)

EDIT: Although even with the performance metrics and such it's not like there's anything but the 6900XT they could use for the high-end AMD's ray tracing GPU's and the hardware would still be behind Ampere in terms of ray tracing performance.
    Also something that will be interesting to see how each respective GPU vendor does even if it's pretty much a given that Ampere will be faster at it.

EDIT: General driver support and D3D12 optimizations could still be really handy though, a late 21.4.2 or initial 21.5.1 driver would be nice even if ray tracing and performance is down to hardware and how the game engine is optimized for NVIDIA or AMD. :)

EDIT: Hmm guess for NVIDIA there's also the potential for VRS+DLSS and what that does for performance. Also what VRS on it's own does to shader quality.
    A nice implementation and not too much on the scaling value and also having it off the center of the image where the eye wouldn't usually be focused on details and it could be a nice boost with a less noticeable image quality impact.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  8. labsdj

labsdj New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX570 4GB
    I see on this video on obs studio a diferent codec for streaming and i got a same graphic card of the person of video and not apear the codecs this guy get

9. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Since RE:Village is also about to release, we can expect a driver this week.

10. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    It appears that there's a new RE8 Adrenalin driver that's ready to deploy soon that renders solid above 4K@60FPS, so, I'd expect that same driver to have decent FPS for Metro: Enhanced Edition.

11. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    You could provide a source regarding the driver.

12. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
  13. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
  14. The Creator

The Creator Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT
  15. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT

16. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
  17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Passus likes this.
  18. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    Since that beta Adrenalin 21.5.1 is being optimized for Resident Evil Village, I wonder if it's also being optimized for Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition as well.....these games are expected out today and tomorrow.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    COD has a video memory leak.

GSDragoon likes this.
  20. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT

jimpsar likes this.