Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Lipici

Lipici Member

GPU:
    Stop watching tv. Could damage your brain beyounf repair.

2. MaestroBayten

MaestroBayten Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 LC 8GB
    Never had that error only problems at the beginning that i could not play the game on Normal Settings.
    Always crashed so i had to play on Lowest Settings.

Know that, always have to rechange the Settings after restarting the game.

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Oh and that halo effect around weapons, scopes, etc was do to shader caching errors. Although I don't have a Vega card I was getting it with my Navi card and manually removing the "main" folder along with resetting the cache in Radeon Settings + Disk Cleanup: Directx Sahder Cache fixed it for me. I haven't had that problem sense.
    Found that fix using a google search.

Which is something I'm going to do right now since the latest update. I'm not taking any chances.

4. MaestroBayten

MaestroBayten Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 LC 8GB
    I even did a clean install and did not fix that problem at all.
    I did search for the problem aswell and could not fix it, guess you were just lucky.

5. xubeiga

xubeiga New Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Do anyone here play GTA V?
    After upgrading to 20.4.2 i realized i had some FPS drops. But i just cant tell if it is related to the driver cause i didnt play the game in a daily basis, but i dont remember having this drops on 19.12.1 that i was using earlier.
    I'l do some tests

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    learn to type properly, and Google for yourself

7. Lipici

Lipici Member

GPU:
    Since 19.12.1 game had 100 updates. Irrelevant.

Good one. Make a blog.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Apparently it's another of those "not everyone is affected" bugs. I've run the same custom fan profile for the last 2 drivers (20.2.1 and 20.3.1) and have had no issues with it being saved. Did you report it?

MerolaC likes this.
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    It works here but I like to double check to be sure just in case but it is also a very frequently reported issue so there's something with custom profiles not to mention Wattman itself and various issues that does need to be improved, hoping to see some of this turned around and worked out because once RDNA2 rolls out that will get a lot of driver and software attention so these existing issues and regressions for older GPU models really have to be worked out before then but we'll just see how that goes I suppose. Much as I don't like that uncertainty at all.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-ryzen-mobile-4000

Updated mobile drivers for the 4000 series and integrated chips.

WDDM 2.7 and all that should probably land in some May driver for the general desktop drivers assuming the newest Win10 update rolls out around that time for general availability. :)

EDIT: Just a bit of a small notification really, handy to have but not part of the main drivers or anything but it's there. :)

EDIT: Wonder why the installer resets permissions for the folder it's installed (Well, more like extracted) to anyway.
    (Been doing that since some of the Adrenaline 2020 drivers.)

Jackalito likes this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I did. @SpajdrEX also noted there is an issue but so far nothing is done.

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    The entire thing would need to be debugged and worked over really, fan control alone has a number of issues to say nothing of voltage and clock speeds and what it actually gets versus the target value or input value and how some cards operate on a weird almost but not really factor of -50 -100 and fluctuating values.

Stability would improve as would usability and user sanity from all this actually doing what it should and not immediately failing short of a driver crash (Which isn't bad.) at the same time fixing the sleep and fast boot OS features causing it to reset as well is another issue that should really be fixed by now.

Overdrive and Powerplay API improvements across the entire supported GPU range really ideally some good layout fixes and changes so 300 series, Fury, Polaris, Vega and Navi GPU users clearly see how this all works and what it affects not that these states do this or that the idle behavior is this and then on load it does this but the bios has this override or limits and then the driver just ignores some things entirely or a high-load situation or specific profile goes back to these values or is more conservative or even more aggressive.

~ No wonder offset and set it and forget it via things like MSI Afterburner is so much more attractive. When it works because that has a tendency to break too from sudden driver updates.
    (Or AMD's drivers lock some defaults and ignores overrides entirely, working with this API can't be the easiest in the newer drivers and GPU models for all that and more.)

EDIT: Yeah it's not the best summary but whether enthusiast or just dialing in some suggested reasonable values like doing some trialing of voltage reduction over the defaults just using Watt(TF)man for a few days some of these shortcomings should be pretty clear anyway.

Enthusiast usage and expecting certain things is probably even worse even if testing means that behavior will differ a bit from what's getting hammered on the GPU and under which API and all that, again unsurprisingly third party tools or editing to soft power play tables and other overrides end up being popular alternatives and hopefully those adjustments sticks or you have a way to easily reload and reset them and then that sticks.
    (Wattman having profile support at least helps with this to some degree now.)

13. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    Yes, the issue is still not fixed.
    Also for some reason random exe files are getting assigned as game profiles.

14. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800XT
    I really hope that AMD can pull a rabbit out of a hat and improve the stability & fix the wattman and black screen issues with WDDM 2.7 driver.... Especially since the W10 2020 May RTM is near...
    Which brings some sexy features:
    - WDDM 2.7
    - DirectX 12 Ultimate
    - Hardware GPU Scheduling
    - DirectX Raytracing (DXR) Tier 1.1 with inline raytracing and physics
    - DirectX 12 Sampler Feedback (memory streaming)
    - DirectX 12 Mesh Shaders and Amplification Shaders[
    - DirectX 12 improved memory allocation control
    - DirectX 12 Video Protected Resource support

Jackalito and OnnA like this.
  15. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 UV
    looks like 20.5.1 will be 2.7

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    1) RTM is out since yesterday 2004.208

2) DX12 Ultimate is in May Update?

17. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Build 19041.208 is still in Release Preview Ring, not released to public yet.

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
  19. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    In the past, Microsoft has released these updates a week or so earlier if using the Windows Update Assistant, compared to the later rollout via Windows Update. In any case, hopefully we'll get it soon enough.

We also don't have anything official regarding Hardware GPU Scheduling either yet AFAIK, except from the vague description within Windows that it'll "Reduce latency and improve performance".

20. HD64G

HD64G Member

GPU:
    SapphirePulseRX5700
    As many have said, Division 2 has major problem with this driver and cannot start properly. Instead, it blacks out monitor or even restarts the PC.

Last edited: May 2, 2020