Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 2, 2020.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Happy Easter for everyone :D

ms178, Jackalito and Passus like this.
  2. lankeydonkey20

lankeydonkey20 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5700xt OC Mech
    guys with the black screen issues , Have you tried increasing the TDR time to about 8 or ten seconds .This worked for Me .

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" Create a new DWORD TdrDelay (if their isn't one there already) With a Decimal value of 10 and you should be good to go after a reboot .

PrEzi likes this.
  3. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    will try this out, thanks!

4. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    This driver break FreeSync for me. I can see in the osd of my monitor. It's sometimes sync correctly with the fps in games, then shoot back up to the max refresh rates, instead of always be in sync with the fps...

Lipici likes this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Set a framerate limit with rtss few fps below refresh rate and disable vsync ingame only using freesync, it works just like in previous driver.

6. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    I never had to do that. I always do vsync+freesync. It works great with 19.x drivers. Now I tried max fps+freesync without vsync, And I've got some tearing from time to time, which is not normal. For years now I've had problem with freesync. Some drivers have it working great, other not. But if you can't confirm your impression with the osd of the monitor, it's hard to really complain.
    I'm tired of amd drivers bs...

pharma and Lipici like this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You are just adding the vsync input lag when using it like that, so in that case you might just even not have it. It also depends on the game, one works and other have some tearing, nothing is perfect but i guess people like to blame amd for everything.

Fox2232 and PrEzi like this.
  8. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    I blame amd in that case because for one driver to another, either it's working great, or not so much. I'm not the only one bitching about the state of Freesync. It's great tech, that's why I'm still with an amd gpu, but it's not reliable enough.

Jouven, pharma and Lipici like this.
  9. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Huh, what do you mean?

FreeSync is working only in FreeSync range. So, when you disabled V-Sync, framerate above FreeSync range will ALLWAYS cause tearing. When you have FreeSync + V-Sync, framerate above max. refresh rate of your monitor will be synced to that value (144Hz for example) and there is no tearing but higher input lag.

Anyway, I NEVER had any issue with FreeSync with Vega and AOC monitor I have.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Undying and OnnA like this.
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Sometimes it needs only small adjustment in CRU.
    Now i have 30-74Hz -> OK (but i have FPS Cap in all my games up to 71Hz).

11. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Is it changing from maximum refresh rate down to a random Hz then back to maximum constantly?

12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    What game is this happening in? And what monitor are you using?

13. Jumy

Jumy Member

GPU:
    9700pro to 5900xt
    not work for me, i have problem in return to sleep in multimonitor and casual balck screen, work only reconnet or turn off/on monitor
    Problem solved for me with old driver and i'll keep as well CVE2019-5124, CVE-2019-5146, CVE-2019-5147 e CVE-2019-5183 amd future!

14. Daddio

Daddio Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGTX1080 G1
    asus 5700xt rog strix. (post heat sync adjustment & refit) GPU TEMPS SKYROCKET in Generation zero. 3900x 32 gig 3600 gskill trident mem. msi afterburner cant control fan properly either wont go past 52%

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    what do u mean

16. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Seems like he tried to re-apply paste and refit heatsink but it didn't ends well

17. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I hope he also decided to put heat fins on the memory chips while he was at it

18. Ladislav Milošic

Ladislav Milošic Guest

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    hi guys, just bought XFX GTS Radeon RX 580 8GB triplex Edition today. i just tried to launch x4 foundations and it says
    upload_2020-4-15_0-23-45.png
    i have latest drivers installed and vulkaninfo in cmd is showing
    upload_2020-4-15_0-24-44.png
    can anyone help? thanks

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    amd driver cleanup then reinstall.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    iGPU ?
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/392160/discussions/0/1744479698798322333/

The game won't run with less than a certain amount of dedicated memory (3GB) and that error seem to indicate it's trying to use a integrated card but you can use a workaround. :)

XML editing also works.

Could reinstall the driver or install the latest runtime (1.2.135.0 runtime only not the full SDK itself unless you need it for development or say the debug layers for troubleshooting. https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home ) but I suspect it's just as the info says and the game is just "Oh GPU!" and it just picks the first it sees and that's the integrated card with too little dedicated video memory and thus the error message (Out of memory.) and resulting crash. :)

So command line "X4.exe -gpu:1 or "X4.exe -gpu:2" and maybe that config edit to force a default that's better than the auto detect and that should work if that's the issue here.

AMD has a flag for it in their drivers too ( HighPerfGPUAffinity ) but I don't believe X4 Foundation has that set or if it even has a driver profile at all to begin with.
    (EDIT: Yeah after a search there doesn't seem to be anything for X4 in the profile file so no help from the display driver here.)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Ladislav Milošic likes this.