Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You can now download Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 drivers. This release supports the launch of Resident Evil 3 and this release also contains improvements in stability with fixes fo...

Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 drivers

Support For
    • Resident Evil 3™
    Fixed Issues
    • Overwatch™ and Heroes of the Storm™ may experience a black screen or application hang while gaming for extended periods of time on some Radeon RX Vega series graphics product system configurations.
    • HDR may fail to enable or be detected in applications and games using the Vulkan® API.
    • Doom Eternal™ may fail to launch in some hybrid graphics system configurations.
    • Radeon ReLive streaming may fail to launch or may crash when a stream session is started with performance metrics overlay enabled.
    • Some clock values may fail to populate for a limited number of graphics products in the Radeon Settings Hardware information tab.
    • Hotkeys can no longer be assigned to a single digit or character as this has the ability to block or cause interference with some default Windows® functionality.
    • Some Radeon FreeSync Premium supported displays may not list all supported refresh rate options in Windows® when Radeon FreeSync Premium is enabled in the displays OSD settings.
    Known Issues
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    • Running Folding@Home while also running an application using hardware acceleration of video content can cause a system hang or black screen. A potential workaround is disabling hardware acceleration for the application that has it enabled.
    • Using Edge™ web browser to playback video content with a multi display system configuration may cause a system hang or crash after extended periods of use.
    • Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
    • Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
    • Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • Desktop or In-game corruption may occur intermittently when HDR is enabled.
    • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when playing games with Instant Replay enabled. A potential workaround for users experiencing these issues is to disable Instant Replay.
    • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when performing multiple task switches using Alt+Tab.
    • A system crash or hang may be experienced when using Edge browser to play Netflix™ content.
    • Some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay. AMD will continue to monitor and investigate reports of these issues closely.
    • Direct ML Media Filters are currently unavailable in Radeon Software Media gallery for video or image content.
    • XSplit™ may experience an application hang or freeze when performing a scene switch.
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.1 Driver Version 19.50.29.20 (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.15029.20013)

Maddness, Jackalito, OnnA and 3 others like this.
  2. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    This driver fix the windows timer resolution bug.
    When you open the radeon software it goes 1 ms and when you close it it goes to the default 15,625 ms.
    Until now it stayed at 1 ms until you restart your pc.

-https://ibb.co/CmR66B5

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  3. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.

Over three months and still not fixed :(

4. jeff69dini

jeff69dini Member

GPU:
    evga 2gb gtx 750ti
    wddm 2.7?

5. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    What games are affected for you?

And again... no WDDM 2.7 support till Windows 10 20H1 release :rolleyes:

6. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    I have an RX5700 XT with just over a week. Isle of Man TT 2 stutters a lot , Mad Max Stutters and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order stutters a bit. Doom Eternal is stutter free

7. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    I'm not sure if this happens with all AMD graphics drivers but when I go to manually undervolt the clock speed shows 2150MHz. Its an XFX RX5700 XT Thicc III ULTRA that I have.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  8. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    this one is strange, getting driver restarts in firefox and wwz resulting in black screen for like 2 seconds. installation with ddu as usual

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    oooo :fap: time to install

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Finished the Foundation and went playng some Doom Eternal an hour or so no issues.

11. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Are those with a 5700 XT able to finally get the Video Profile working with this driver (discussed in the previous thread about 20.3.1). Also get the options for Custom Options for Video Profile?

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Still just says "Custom" here so probably not, also noticed the HDMI driver can still bug but removing that from the device manager first also works though it's harmless.
    Installer shows as "failed" at the end but the log file will just have a small blurb on how the HDMI driver didn't install but since it hasn't been updated since November 2019 it's just skipped over and nothing is wrong with the rest of the install process. :)
    (That's the audio one.)

Plugged in the new display and went through the options as I was setting that up but haven't done much with the driver so far, profile mostly just has added entries for Resident Evil 3 and it's MP stand-alone game.
    Still clearing out some older backlog entries, alternating between that and Wildlands as the next big cleanup project. :D

So not much yet to say on these drivers, seems like a few bug fixes and a couple new listings for the known issues as other stuff is not mentioned and support for Resident Evil 3 in whatever form, maybe a bit more performance although the profile listing is just the usual Prefer High Performance GPU (Instead of integrated.) so it might not be that much of a increase but it could also have other fixes. :)

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Game Profile settings are still not effective. :/ Cannot disable VSync in game and force enable it via profile.

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Custom is only brightness. Which one does not need much since there is per app customization even for color temperature.

15. sathyrion

sathyrion Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 TUF
    Anyone else experience performance issues in No Man's Sky VR with this or the previous drivers? Only VR game that runs really poor on my RX5700XT. GPU usage is only around 70-80%. Not CPU bottlenecked.

Cheers!

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Unless it's OpenGL does that even work at all what with AMD being compliant to DirectX standards so VSync and triple buffering on AMD's side while not clearly explained is only for OpenGL and D3D follows the idea that hopefully the software implementation is a good one.

EDIT: But I've read there are profile issues as well between global settings and per-app/profile settings so it wouldn't surprise me if there are some bug with this too and how settings are applied or handled or overriden between the two.

17. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    Most notably iRacing and then WarThunder and CS:GO.

18. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    There is still the problem that the custom Wattman profiles don't get applied properly, at least the voltages (I skip the first setup of Adrenaline settings after installation, customize my settings afterwards (e.g. enable Anti-Lag globally) and load the XML with my Wattman profile).

If I do that and fire up Battlefield 1, my Vega 56 uses up to 240 W (due to +50 power target setting in my profile) at 1.14 V even though my Wattman profile is capped at 1000 mV at P7. Every time I need to Alt+Tab out of the game, change the P7 setting by a few mV in Wattman, apply it and Alt+Tab inside the game again to finally get the desired voltage which hovers around 0.99 V.

I haven't read anything about the ongoing HBCC issues on Vega which were still present for me on 20.3.1, but I have to re-check that with the current driver

19. Dener de Paula Pereira

Dener de Paula Pereira Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    Me too

20. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @ms178 @Dener de Paula Pereira I also have an issue with Wattman profile where Voltage/Fan settings are wrong (being set to default value), I reported this to our team.

Keitosha, P.O.N., Jackalito and 4 others like this.