Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.4

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 27, 2020.

1. PrEzi

PrEzi Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64 LC
    You must be one of the lucky fews then :)
    Oh and I keep my systems very clean... and up to date.... and always do clean install of all major releases (and in case of weird bugs - reinstalling clean to exclude a dirty-install issue).
    I am not complaining about the stability during gameplays --- the 2020 @ 3D was also flawless for me (games).
    But I do a lot of idle time, surfing, videos... several things at once (but not in the 3d mode) -- that is why it might indicate issues with the idle clocks /UVD clocks / voltages / power saving in the 20.1.4 (and earlier 2020 series) drivers with VEGA (and the 5xxx series which they acknowledged but nut Vega)??
    I don't know.
    If I would know it would be long solved and gone.... It might not occur for you cause I know you like to play with the powerplay tables, but I like to keep em stock ;-)

Oh and BTW --- nearing 3 day without black screens (and countless YT Videos) on the 19.12.1 driver.... Now I am 85% sure that 19.12.1 is "clean" from the issues the 2020 branch is having with Vega.

I will post an update tomorrow ... when I`ll be 99% sure that this problem doesn't exist with 19.12.1 branch & vega & yt.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    geko95gek and OnnA like this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Since going back to 19.12.3 I've not had any more problems also, I'm already at 100% sure.. xD

warlord likes this.
  3. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    I'm just curious,, which Windows power plan profile are you using?

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Im on Ryzen Balanced + My Mods
    Interrupt sterring on Lock...

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    "Secret" Ultimate power plan ;)

6. PrEzi

PrEzi Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64 LC
    Answering the actual question and completely ignoring the "sarcastic" comment from Undying which is out of the place to begin with.

1usmus or the RyZEN balanced --- doesn't matter much. Result at the end is the same - black screen.

Now using 1usmus plan for >1909 and 19.12.1 and running fine for the 3,5 days without black screen. Where on any 2020 Edition driver it would be a guaranteed black screen already.

7. PrEzi

PrEzi Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64 LC
    Right now I can say --- nearly 5 days without black screens on the 19.12.1 driver (and counting), and I watched a lot of YT videos and did stuff in parallel.

8. half_empty_soul

half_empty_soul New Member

GPU:
    rx 5700 xt
    can confirm 19.12.1 is the last good AMD driver for rx 5700 xt, ZERO ISSUES

9. justdoge

justdoge Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    thanks for lulz, luckily i have old nvidia card just in case. all these your user faults and system instabilities go away when I replace rx580 with gtx960. keep fanboying

10. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    GPUs are not Plug and Play. :p I see now what you did there. :rolleyes:

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Played so far:

Forza H4 = OK
    BFV DX11 + Reshade, Multi = OK
    BL3 DX12 = OK (Chill is working NP = Low lag, also game is more stable at Borderless FS)
    Division 2 DX12 = OK
    The Outer Worlds = OK
    GhostR. Breakpoint = OK

Next install will be WHQL (propably 20.2.2 or 3).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I used 20.1.X and and now I am on 20.2.1 for a while. No Black Screens or other reported cuteness here.

geko95gek likes this.
  13. half_empty_soul

GPU:
    rx 5700 xt
    clearly you dont play any Battlefield game

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I used to play all except SJW ones. Gimme a sec to install again.

Edit: Few hours of BF (One=1) and no issues. Except that it is as boring as before.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  15. half_empty_soul

GPU:
    rx 5700 xt
    tried again 20.1.4 and 20.2.1 (ddu first ofc) still getting random crashes in BF5, looks like i have no choice to stay on 19.12.1 forever.
    well i should have predicted it, what good can come from pityful amd and pathetic gigabyte cooperation
    lesson learned never again anything with a red sticker on it, can't wait for next gen nvidia card, i will even pre-order it.

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    You do realize that the blanking/crashing issue affects both red and green? There is a very good chance this isn't a driver issue.

17. half_empty_soul

GPU:
    rx 5700 xt
    I had a few generations of nvidia cards before gave an AMD a try, never had a single issue with a geforce, never
    it is 100% driver issue since everything works on 19.12.1, driver from december!

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Well, if it's worth anything, I'm on 20.2.1 and a 5700 XT and I'm not having any blanking/crashing issues. I had video blanking issues on a previous OS install, but I went fresh and it's all working properly. This is why I am surmising it's not a driver issue per se.

Out of curiosity, did you ever use the option in Radeon Settings to restore all to defaults?

19. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601
    Skip DDU and use this tool. I had issues with the newer drivers even after using DDU. And before you buy you are supposed to do some research and you would have found out Gigabyte makes crappy cards.

20. Embra

Embra Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    I am using 20.1.4 with no issues presently on a Vega 64.
    I generally do not jump on the next driver, waiting a month or two to update.
    I thinks the issues have a lot to do with hardware chemistry or OS updates in generally.

OnnA likes this.