Download: Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.4

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    Does anyone know why image sharpening doesn’t work with Control if I have Chill enabled?

Image sharpening is on, but I can tell it’s not working and if I toggle it while I’m in the game, it doesn’t have any effect, however, when I turn off chill and restart the game, it works again but I lose chill.

2. HaTrickz

HaTrickz Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    Is there any way to edit predefined game profiles nowadays ? Need image sharpenning back for GTAV.

3. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    So... the 20.1.4 didn't fix the occasional black screens for me too when watching YT. (Which lead to a hard lockup and a manual reset).

Yes, disabled the hardware acceleration, yes, disabled all the acceleration / video flags I could find in Opera --- still getting a black screen. Also tried Voltage Swing 1 and PreEmphasis 2 - same.
    Tried to use really premium DP cable that is more than enough for my 2xWQHD Display (C49RG90) - same.
    Disabled HDR - still same.
    Lowered refresh rate to 100Hz - same.
    Using Vega64 Liquid Cooled Edition which isn't even listed in the known issues just pi**es me off additionally.

I am an AMD user since forever, but really.... REALLY thinking about the worst alternative with the next upgrade ever. Yeah. Green goblin.

4. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Now you tell me? :)

Do hope it works for me also. Might have something solid then to tell others.

No accelerated Firefox crash(yet?), but Frostpunk did lock-up @ 120hz(no black screen - stuck @ game image). Going to try it w/o Auto-Undervolt and maybe then with Freesync off. Can try game hz setting instead of Chill also...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Passus likes this.

5. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Try another monitor, if available.

Also, did you do anything with undervolting/overclocking or play with power limit? I had issues when I tried to lower the power draw of my 480...

Latest Win 10 version?

6. UkOldGit

UkOldGit Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Who is we ?
    You or AMD ?

7. Syamai

Syamai New Member

GPU:
    rx 580
    The procedure entry point MFCreateSourceResolver could not be located in the dynamic library, help pls
    [​IMG]

8. Sneakybob

Sneakybob Member

GPU:
    Asus RX480
    Getting a great framerate in Fortnite but keeps crashing

9. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    So rainbow six siege officially received vulkan api support with patch 4.3. This made me to instantly check this out and i have to say on performance side it boosts fps by a fair amount. On the other side ubisoft or valve didn't prepare steam properly for allowing to select/switch api. Prompt with api selection popped out only one on my first run of game after downloading update and haven't seen it again. I had to rename files to make game launch in vulkan api mode.

If anyone is interested here is a video with dx11 vs vulkan comparison:

Just built-in benchmark but should be enough to show difference.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The installer corresponding to this threads version does not access this location.

11. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT

It was working fine with the 19.10 or 19.11 drivers. On the same monitor I might add.
    No UV/OC or powerplay tables mods all stock.
    Latest updates.
    This all is like 1 0 1 for me ... if it would be that simple it would long be solved...

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The Vulkan runtime got updated might be handy as it seems to be resolving a specific issue that can lead to a crash.

https://vulkan.lunarg.com/doc/sdk/1.2.131.1/windows/release_notes.html
    https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home#windows
    https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home#sdk/downloadConfirm/latest/windows/vulkan-runtime.exe (Updated to 1.2.131.1)

Jackalito likes this.
  13. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Do we as consumers need/profit from sdk runtime for vulkan in games or is it just for developers? I will always take anything what improves performance or stability. In case of vulkan it would be nice to see siege profiting off updated library.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The runtime is needed and is also installed by AMD's drivers for Vulkan API functionality but they're using version 1.2.130.0 which can be seen in the install folder for the Vulkan32 and Vulkan64 .dll files though the full SDK isn't required and Lunar (Well, Khronos I suppose.) now also recommends getting the runtime from the GPU drivers as that's easiest at least on Windows but when it comes to crash fixes I prefer keeping it up to date and in general I always use the latest available though until this came out there wasn't anything newer anyway.

EDIT: Which normally this mostly just adds in support for newer SDK versions and Vulkan API features but occasionally the loader or runtime does have additional bug fixes which come in handy. :)
    The API extension support and such would require the drivers to be using a newer Vulkan API so it's not something that's all too useful on it's own.
    (Although AMD occasionally throws in some new extensions here and there but for now with 1.2 just released it should cover just about most of the API as is.)

EDIT: As to the crash fix itself well nothing so far even uses 1.2 far as I know so it's not something that's bound to come up yet and when it does chances are a newer 1.2 version and drivers using newer loaders will have been available for some time so it's not a huge issue by itself as API updates and implementing features and such takes a bit of time.
    (For general usage I suppose emulators might be among the earliest to take advantage of 1.2 at least on Windows, Linux situation might be a bit different.)

Jackalito and wirapuru like this.
  15. paulco

paulco Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX6900XT
    Agree with that (7970,390, 57xt), all had problems with wattman enabled and using AB..
    Run the cards off vbios, minimal issues. And of course if using afterburner, some versions worked better than others (probably due to amd api changes).
    Have not tried any oc/uc with this 57xt yet( so no wattman/msi-ab).

I've been running 1440p/120hz with minimal issues with 19.12.1/20.1.3, seems the cards may have issues with 144hz , i'm happy with 120 fps after many years on 1080p/60hz monitor.
    I am mostly a SP game player, so yeh my experience is based on that. Love the graphics quality on ultra/very high mix, and pull 80-120fps.

Undying likes this.

16. 1pvpslayer

1pvpslayer Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    Who have black screens - disable pcie link power management
    it fixed for me and i have more than 60 hours uptime without any crash on 20.1.3 and 20.1.4 (24 hour with this)

I had every day that black screen in browser and game just random, this energy saving feature is like conflict with driver or gpu and it just crash system when not enought power

PrEzi likes this.
  17. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    You mean in the power options / power plan - advanced - PCI Express? Will try it thanks!

18. 1pvpslayer

1pvpslayer Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    yes, it enabled by default

write result there after test

PrEzi likes this.
  19. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Will do, but it might take a while. Sometimes it was like... good for two days or so.
    But I will DEFINITELY report back. Thanks mate for this idea!

20. David3k

David3k Member Guru

GPU:
    Graphics Processing Unit
    Radeon Image Sharpening no longer applies for Heroes of the Storm, it was working perfectly fine prior to 20.1.4