Download: MSI Afterburner 4.6.1 Final/Stable

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

“Subjective percentage” is the only available measurement units for GeForce GPU family in official NVAPI. Due to some odd (marketing?) reason NV decided to keep direct measurement in Watts for Tesla/Quadro families only. There are no official ways besides using API hacks for that. So the answer is no, and it won’t be available unless NV change their power monitoring API separation politics. No need to continue pushing it further please.

SpajdrEX likes this.
  2. Nero1024

Nero1024 Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080Ti
    Ok. Thanks for clarifying)))) Never knew that kind of bullshit exist

3. Kym Harper

Kym Harper Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080TI 11G
    I use and love MSI Afterburner 4.6.1 with my MSI Geforce RTX 2080 TI Gaming X Trio which I also love.

After the 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 (KB4512941) was installed, I found problems with some programs which now crash to desktop.

Spad.next crashes when moving the mouse pointer over the programs menu buttons and the RHS window controls (minimise, maximise, close)
    A 14 day trial Version is available at:- https://www.spadnext.com/download/download-spad-next.html for testing.

Cyberghost (VPN) crashes immediately after login
    No trial available at:- https://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_US/

I have determined that when the W10 update KB4515384 is installed and MSI Afterburner 4.6.1 is running, the crashes occur.
    There may be other programs with problems but I did not test my entire PC.

The problem does not occur if the W10 update KB4515384 is uninstalled.
    The problem only occurs if MSI Afterburner 4.6.1 is running and W10 update KB4515384 is installed.

I have tried MSI Afterburner 4.6.2 beta but the result is the same.

I couldn't find where to lodge a problem or support ticket so hope this is the right place.

Regards Kym H

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  4. Unwinder

Please use search and reset injection cache in RTSS settings or perform clean RTSS install ( with full uninstall + profiles removal). It was answered ___MANY___ times.

5. Kym Harper

Kym Harper Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080TI 11G
    Many, many thanks for your reply.

Sorry if I was a bother but searching for my problem which I assumed caused by the Windows update and Spad.next or Cyberghost, did not help me at the time.

I really only fluked the identification that the problem related to to MSI Afterburner/RTSS as I was blaming the W10 Update after reading other peoples problems (though different)

You've been an invaluable help to an old age pensioner :)

6. Unwinder

Cache corruption is indeed a result of W10 update installation. And it can be cured like mentioned in my previous post.

7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I'm getting an odd problem today. I can't open Vegas Pro if Afterburner is running.
    It's not a big deal, I can just close Afterburner while I do work, but I just thought it was strange as I haven't experienced it before. Vegas just closes during "creating windows".
    I have seen the monitoring UI sometimes show up on the preview window in Vegas, but it's never refused to open until now.

Inconsequential issue really, but I thought I'd make you aware at least. Running latest beta.

8. Unwinder

Read TWO posts above.

9. Andrey3008

Andrey3008 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1060 6gb
    New 4.6.2 Beta 2 Build 15658
    Conflicts with Sony Vegas Pro. I tried version 16 and 17, it just closes at the program loading stage. As soon as I close the msi autobanner the program starts normally.
    rolled back to stable version 4.6.1 and vegas again working with a running autorebanner
    win10 pro last update

10. Andrey3008

Andrey3008 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1060 6gb
    Yes, you are not the only one) Octatil to the latest stable version and earned Vegas. The conflict is precisely autobanner.

11. Unwinder

What's wrong with you, people? Solution is A FEW posts above. The conflict is in lazy reading skills of users who cannot even spell application name and don't bother to read at lest a few previous posts before blindly jumping in with "fix my problem".

12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Relax. It's working just fine with the latest version.

13. Unwinder

It was working fine with previous one too. You just had to follow the suggestion given on this issue just a couple posts before question and reset RTSS cache. The amount of times it is repeated last weeks is absolutely insane.

14. Nero1024

Nero1024 Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080Ti
    I have found out critical issue with MSI Afterburner. Every time profile is loaded, automatically or manually it makes CPU spikes, causing any audio output to do trrr, brrr, krr laggy sounds. Please, fix

I have up to date windows.
    Up to date realtek drivers.

15. Unwinder

This critical issue exists in your understanding only, it won't be fixed.

eGGroLLiO likes this.

16. Nero1024

Nero1024 Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080Ti
    Why?

17. Unwinder

Because I cannot fix knowledge of each user with software. Please don't steal my limited weekend time on commenting it.

18. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    https://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

Get this tool and let it run in a window.

Then do various operations on your computer... open browser, download something, start Steam, compress some files into an archive, etc.
    If you see the bars moving from Green/Yellow into Red, your computer is not capable of sustaining fluent audio (most likely hardware issue, low-quality motherboard, or various operating system issues)

---
    p.s.
    I also just tested the "trrr, brr, krr" claims, with DPC tester and music on, loaded profiles in AB.

No issues whatsoever.

19. Nero1024

Nero1024 Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080Ti
    Thanks, I will try that, but the problem is that I isolated the issue. It happens only with MSI Afterburner and when profile is loaded. Everything else works perfectly on my system.

Edit: I have tried your software and it shows yellow latency no matter what. Loading of the MSI Afterburner profile doesn't affect the chart, but buzzy sound occurs

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  20. Nero1024

Nero1024 Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080Ti
    I wonder why are you even here if you don't care about issues, bugs and feedback about your software..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.