Download: MSI Afterburner 4.6.0 Beta 10 (build14218)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Two days ago we posted an internal public beta of Afterburner 4.6.0 Beta 10 (build14218) in the forums. The beta is intended for experienced users, forum regulars but not for the masses. Unfortunatel...

Download: MSI Afterburner 4.6.0 Beta 10 (build14218)

Noisiv and Dragondale13 like this.
  2. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    So, one new feature of this is automated OC Scanner for Pascal cards, not just limited to Turing cards like it was before. I tested it this afternoon on my GTX 1070, I get higher overclocks just by using my own manual overclocking efforts. OC Scanner gives me +62Mhz on the core, but my manual highest stable overclock is +100Mhz. Interestingly they also have a "Test" feature in the OC Scanner where you can just test your manual overclock, by clicking the "Test" button - interestingly it says at stock clocks my card is "Test completed, confidence level is 90%", so it thinks it's not 100% certain that my card is stable even at stock clocks (which is not true). At my max manual overclock of +100Mhz it also says "confidence level 90%", but the most interesting part is that if I run +113Mhz through the test which I know to be unstable then this returns "confidence level 85%" - so to me it seems that for Pascal cards you might want to aim for a "confidence level 90%" when testing your overclocks using that application. Here's a screenshot of the test, and you can see it uses a hell of lot power through the GPU at times, blips lasting a few seconds of 250W on just a GTX 1070!
    [​IMG]

Noisiv and sverek like this.
  3. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Wonderful! Thanks for the update! :)

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The scanner puts me on +120 which seems about right for an automatic feature.

Mine artifacts around 150.

I believe i always ran at 135.

Robbo9999 likes this.

5. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    Overclock scanner did a pretty good job for my core clock. No issues so far when playing Destiny 2 and Battlefield V.
    [​IMG]

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    What's that skin, i like it!

7. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    TheDeeGee likes this.
  8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    That's the skin I have an issue with. If I click on the desktop, the title bar of the skin is inactive. In other words, you can click on it but nothing happens and you cannot click and drag it with the title bar. Once you click on another area of Afterburner, say a button, then the title bar becomes 'active' and you can drag it around by it. If you mouse click on the desktop again, it repeats the behavior of the title bar of AfterBurner being inactive. Does it do the same thing for you? Other skins work fine and the skin functions fine other than that odd issue.

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Tried that skin, see no problems with it. Also I'm not sure what you mean by skin title bar, skinned windows are not regular ones, they can be non-rectangular and they are not having a fixed title bar area like traditional windows. Any unused area of the skin, which have no control items, can be used to drag skinned window.

10. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    I don't seem to have that issue, are you on latest beta?

11. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Just had an idea: version number field of this of this skin is located on top, probably you were trying to drag exactly that area of the skin where the version is printed? As I said above, any area of the skin can be used for dragging window if it is not having any underlying controls (i.e. button, text fields and so on).