1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Download MSI AfterBurner 4.2.0

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Tugrul_512bit

Tugrul_512bit Member Guru

GPU:
    msi_r7870hawk_asus_r7_240
    Now the only thing missing is a module layout reader/unlocker such as telling how many locked compute units here, where they are and whether they can be unlocked or not. Is this equally unofficial as any other unofficial overclocking?

2. DeskStar

DeskStar Master Guru

GPU:
    4 eVGA GTX TITAN SC
    Ah thank you......!

3. Lordbollo

Lordbollo Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Lightning
    Thanks Hilbert and works a treat with the above changes.
    My Lightning has the 32501462 number.
    Brought here in Australia

And a big thanks to Unwinder for all his hard work on getting 4.2.0 to us.

4. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    Many thanks to Unwinder for all your hard work , i couldn't live without A/B .

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Hilbert, considering that we'll have to roll out updated 4.2.0 build with revised db entries for Lightning anyway, we could also include the following minor change in it:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5202912&postcount=99

It won't affect the rest functionality so we don't have to retest whole build or increment version number, but at the same time we could make 980 Ti Classified and HOF users really happy ;) Please ping Jay and avoid uploading the update until I provide revised binaries for it as well. I'll be able to do it within a hour or so. Crazy, it is midnight here and I'm leaving my bed and travelling to my "office" to update 4.2.0 now ;)

6. sybnios

sybnios Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB G
    I have overclocked my GPU. If I uninstall and install the new version will I lose my overclock profile or will it mess anything up? Just a beginner here bare with me! :)

Thanks!

7. cyenz

cyenz Member Guru

GPU:
    7970M
    Ends here for me, already thanked you for the tool, im sorry but youre not the second coming of christ so please stop with that posture, im a usual reader of this forum for many years and for countless times you were rude to users simple because they say that feature "X" was not working as intended for them, hell you even said that the user had a "unlegit" 980ti lightning in this very thread, could you not be mistaken? you didnt even though about that didnt you? well, you were wrong and you will fix it. Anyway this already dragged more than it should. Again, this troll is saying thank you one more time for all the work since the original rivatuner even if it doenst work 100% for me.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  8. cyenz

cyenz Member Guru

GPU:
    7970M
    You can backup the "Profiles" folder in the instalation path just to be safe, that´s what i do between clean instalations.

9. Unwinder

You didn't even thought that I actually spend years of life on verifying ANY report with each new version launch, including yours, including "polite" and insulting "thanks for nothing" from someone who don't own MSI card and have zero rights to demand anything here?
    If I truly were not thinking about anything working improperly I won't be sitting and improving MSI AB right now, in 1:20 AM, when I have to wake up and do my primary job tomorrow just 5 hours later.
    Your posts smell like a reaction of annoyed unsatisfied kid who don't get expected toy. You don't get voltage control for your card under conditions you're trying to use it. Period. Live with that. And now can you just leave the thread please and let me help those whom I can.

10. cyenz

cyenz Member Guru

GPU:
    7970M
    Yes, im aware that you dedicated alot of time improve the tool, i´ve thanked you many times in this discution, i used to use riva tuner to unlock the Pixel\Vertex pipelines from the 6800nu and i´ve been a fan since then but again that doenst give you the right to be rude so many times when people are genuinley trying to get things work, and im not talking about me, your post history talks by itself. Yes i dont own an MSI atm and if i did, would it been diferent? I dont think so. Im not annoyed, i tried to pinpoint a problem (that´s not limited to me since there are more users using UEFI bios on Fury X) and all i got was "hey, you have a broken system", i was not demading you to fix my problem i was beeing polite until you started to behave like that. I assume that i was overreacting when i said thanks for nothing,that´s something you dont know what it is since for you everyone is a kid and you some kind of a superior being. Well enough is enough, i´ll leave the discution since i dont have anything more to add.

EDIT: Since this didnt add anything to the actual discution of the topic it would be best for a moderator to clean the topic.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015

11. MBTP

MBTP Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX590
    Its possible to overclock the integrated GPU HD4600 with afterburner?
    I would like to go past 1.8 gigahertz on mine but i don't understand very well how can i have full control of the igpu with the bios. thanks.

12. Unwinder

"I cannot help you, sorry, I have no ideas what is broken on your side" is not called being rude. That's a forum and nobody is obliged to help you, me or anyone else here. What is actually rude is your assumption that your issue MUST be investigated with developer's attention level you want. I'm not even talking about the rest oersonal comments which followed by that. Just try to analyze my "posts history", which is "speaking for itself" to get some ideas why some users magically get help and their ussues are being investigated while others are suggested to leave AB and AB forums. Let's end it at last.

13. Unwinder

No. Overclocking is only supported for desktop NV and AMD cards.

14. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Many thanks for yet another excellent Afterburner update! :)

15. MBTP

MBTP Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX590
    Thanks!

16. Despoiler

Despoiler Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire TRI-X R9 Fury
    Ahh clean install. HBM stuck at 100mhz.....

17. Tronman

Tronman Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    *Get's out popcorn*

18. Unwinder

HBM clock control is supposed to be locked by default in official overclocking mode. It is available if you extend clock limits for official mode or use unofficial one.

19. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Always do a clean install. I can confirm that over volting does work with Fury.

20. KarateOC

KarateOC New Member

GPU:
    16gb
    It appears that the voltage control is still locked for the MSI GTX 950 Gaming in this version (I have enabled the voltage options from the control panel).

In the guru3d review of this card Afterburner was used to increase the core voltage by 100mV (screenshot in the review shows 4.1.1, but may have been a special insider version), but other reviewers at the time pointed out at that the voltage option was not available for this card in 4.1.1.