1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Download MSI Afterburner 4.0.0 Final

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 4, 2014.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    Great job - big thank you, Unwinder, for continuing your development of RivaTuner/MSI AB. It shows true passion and dedication, which produces great results like MSI AB, although in my opinion, most people take it for granted as if MSI AB or EVGA Precision simply "came with the card".

I do have a problem with MSI AB though. My GTX 780 Ti does not respond to voltage adjustments made in MSI AB. It allows me to set it +100, but that has absolutely no effect on the actual voltage - I verified in GPU-Z and nVidia Inspector. This is why I always have to fall back onto EVGA Precision X 4.2.1, but after their blatant disregard of whichever contract you had with them, I try very hard to avoid EVGA. I really wish I could use MSI AB, but unless the GPU voltage can be adjusts to 1.21v and below, I am forced to use Precision X for my high overclock profile.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

It was repeated many times that it is a result of NVIDIA voltage control restrictions on Fermi / Kepler series GPUs and MSI's safety control. Full voltage control on Fermi / Keplers in MSI AB is unlocked only for custom design MSI cards like Lightnings, reference design cards and non-MSI cards are limited to NVIDIA's recommended range. It won't change, it was discussed widely and I have absolutely nothing to add to it. If you want to change it - talk to NV and MSI directly, I cannot help with that.

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    my hawk had unlocked voltage i wonder if the twin frozr gaming cards have.

4. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    (.)an X

That's strange, all 780TIs can be increased to 1.21v, regardless of manufacturer or model.

I wonder if you are stressing the card/overclocking enough to actually make the card use 1.21v?

The card wont use 1.21v unless it has to so you'll need to OC it to 1175mhz+ and also load the GPU with a benchmark or demanding game.

Or maybe there is an issue with AB on your card?

5. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    im i the only one who cant get aftherburner on my g19 lcd display ?
    worked fine until i updated yesterday to 4.0 final.....

checked setting in afhterburner...they seem ok
    In logitech lcd manager msi isnt running....but its there alright ?

6. Unwinder

Full color G19 LCD support requires the latest version of Logitech Gaming Software. What is your version of LGS?

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Which should be version 8.55.137 but I haven't checked Logitech's website in a few weeks. :)
    (Just trying to be helpful.)

Nice work with this program by the way, didn't have any issues with beta 9 and now the full release is available.
    (Guess 4.1.0 is next with support for the NV 900 series then, but that's just a guess.)

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thanks, just updated :)

9. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio X 2080ti
    Hehe, but seriously now: This is a great release I've downloaded 4.0.0 and am loving it :) Screw EVGA, I've sold my 780s and gone for a 295x2 tonight anyway :O

10. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    if im correct i have 3.01.180 dated 11/06/2008

The problem is i downloaded the latest version on their site for win 8 (i have win 8.1) but wont let me install the damn thing :(

gonna try uninstalling the manager and reinstalling with latest driver....

thx for the heads up anyway

EDIT : tried to install the X86 version.....i have the x64 system off course.
    thats why he wouldn install

Aftherburner works again....smaller text amd my eyes hurt of the white background, lets see if i can fix that :D

Thx again

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014

11. reedy777

reedy777 New Member

GPU:
    2x290x w/ek blocks
    Is it possible for you guys THE DEVOLOPERS to add a feature that shows the maximum reached temperature of the hottest cpu core, in the on screen display so it can be shown as a single figure. the reason for this is that the cpu core temps fluctuate rapidly and its hard to keep track of just how high they're spiking while your playing.it would be very much appreciated.
    btw you guys been doing a great job with the software over the last couple of years

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  12. Gabkicks

Gabkicks Member

GPU:
    r9 290 Tri-x OC Crossfire
    My pc is freezing up when i run afterburner :(

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  13. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    do you have any other monitoring software in the background?

Thanks Unwinder!

14. m40turbo

m40turbo Member

GPU:
    2X GTX980 TI's
    Hope my Visual C++ errors i get in afterburner goes away. Rivatuner part still works.
    Only afterburner stops.

Edit. Same is happening now. Was not like this with afterburner 3, or the betas.
    Hm what to do?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  15. Unwinder

The first thing to do is to give more detailed info about "Visual C++ errors". There are no people with mind reading skills around.

16. PatrickStar

PatrickStar New Member

GPU:
    GTX 670
    My Battlefield 4 still does not work when rivatuner is running.

17. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Ti Gaming X
    Go into Origin and disable "Origin in Game" and see if that helps.

18. Unwinder

That's EA issue and it is not specific to RT. Many other overlay software products are affected by the same problem (Playclaw, native AMD software and so on). Simply disable origin overlay for this game to use any overlay software.

19. pegasus1

pegasus1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti@2.05Ghz
    That did it for me, thanks.

20. Sim999

Sim999 New Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 280 Gaming
    MSI R9 280 Gaming Voltage

According to the changes the voltage for the MSI R9 280 should be unlocked with this new version. I have upgraded but my voltage is still locked. I have checked the unlock voltage control (tried reference, standard MSI and extended MSI), unlocked voltage monitoring, extended official overclocking limits, disabled ULPS, Unofficial overclocking mode I have tried with and without powerplay support and even diasbled. Yet my voltage is still locked. Any ideas or am I just stuck with a GPU that I cant adjust the voltage? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.