Download Mozilla Firefox 23

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Mozilla has published Firefox 23, you can download it over here or wait for the automatic update if you already have Firefox. New in this release is asm.js, a feature that compiles JavaScript to assem...

Download Mozilla Firefox 23

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660gtx sig2
    I already got 23 but then I have went from 15-23 and never noticed difference in the browser. only time i ever know is when i randomly check the about menu Would love it if FF actual gets there act together and actual fixes the buggy implementation of hw acceleration though

3. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Tried it, and was considerably slower than chrome.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X Vapor-X
    Indeed. Tried chrome and never looked back.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury OC
    23 should also allow x264 acceleration, (EDIT: Via DXVA2, Vista and later MS OS's.) I'll need to read up on the feature list but for example Youtube now lists it as supported under it's HTML5 beta. :)
    (I'm already on 24b1 though but it's more of a maintenance update from what changes I've read, still a nice update but it could have been a 23.5 or something too, weird release name scheme really but most browsers now seem to use something similar to this.)

EDIT:
    http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/23.0beta/releasenotes/

6. snorge

snorge Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 970 SLI
    Article says 23 in title but story is about 22, then when you click on the download link it goes to 23.

7. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 380 4gb
    How is the Win8 support ? Previous (moth or two) old version does not work very well with it, but it could be a flash problem... But I did not have to problems with IE.

The only reason why I use FF is because of Greasemonkey + TACS (Tiberium Alliance Combat Simulator).