1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Download link for 9.1 catalyst drivers!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by GameX, Jan 29, 2009.

1. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Game can be DX10 even if it doesn't use all DX10 features. Same with OpenGL. You don't have to use all extensions to call that an OpenGL 3.0 engine...

2. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    Nothing about games in new drivers :( Many people hope performance improvent on GTA4
    Now available on Official website

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  3. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 4800 UPCC
    Don't know about performance, but you get some video tearing and flicker with this version. And yeah, :peeright: Crappy Control Center :peeleft: is still crappier, even it's an improved junk compared to first versions. I don't care that the Panel loads faster, with all the junk behind it's same all piece of junk. And no, I'm not being sarcastic, uninstall Catalyst and leave "just the driver installed" and you might find your Mainstream/High End system feeling and moving more stable. You might even see some performance improvement. All that, not by installing a new driver but by uninstalling :peeright: "Crappy Control Center" :peeleft: from the current one...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  4. david85

david85 Active Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RADEON 4870X2

5. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    well i installed them on windows 7 x64 on top of my 8.12 cat. Crysis is won't run maybe i just reinstall it again. But this is the driver that everyone is hoping for Mirrors Edge performance with 4870 x2. I have in running in windows 7 beta x64 max setting @ 1920 x 1200 and according to fraps its a constant 62 fps which is capped. Nowhere did i see the fps dipped and CF is working and so is too in Fallout 3.

6. nytevizion

nytevizion Member

GPU:
    Visiontek HD5850
    Ok seriously now, what are they doing over there at ATI? Why did they bother to release these drivers? I get hindered performance in Mirrors Edge, Crysis runs like crap now, stutter city for both titles. It's funny because Mirrors edge ran pretty good before.

Yes yes, I completely uninstalled, restarted in safe mode, used driver cleaner, the whole nine yards before reinstalling these.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to regret going back to ATI. I get the same performance with the 8.12's as I did with the 8.9's.

7. WacKEDmaN

WacKEDmaN Guest

if the ogl3.0 engine doesnt have access to the extension it falls back to the previous version..im not disputing that it doesnt need to have all the 3.0 extensions to be called a 3.0 engine..but what if that 3.0 engine is looking for an extension that is not present? it falls back to a 2.1 rendering path within the engine (assuming its been programmed to drop back)

remember a little game called DOOM3 and its multipul rendering paths..you could not run the higher rendering paths if the extensions wernt present..

still doesnt change the fact that its a blatent lie...there are extensions missing, and the driver is still reporting ogl2.1... so tell me how the hell it can be a full spec ogl3.0 implementation..8.12s were 10 extensions less that we have now...i suppose you reckon that is full spec ogl3.0 if the 5 missing from 9.1s dont matter...

geeze KS...i think you should stick to hacking inf's and stop trying to be technical

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
  8. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    Did you notice any frame drops (as before) on fallout 3?

What about Far Cry 2?

Has anyone tested yet with 9.1 ?

9. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    So no games improvements on the release notes?

10. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    what OS are you running what resolution you running at more info. Mirrors Edge is excellent with the 9.1 and im on windows 7 beta. But like i said can't say for crysis because it won't run at all now.:bang:

11. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Farcry 2 runs the same if not worst than latest hotfix.
    Fallout 3 also have the same performance and hdr problems.

12. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for the response. I am starting to be convinced not to move foward and be patient....
    Other titles I would check ......
    Sacred 2
    Half Life 2 (ep 1,2, portal) etc

Crysis has been reported in other threads not to work
    FEAR 2 Demo (seems to have problems also)

13. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti OC
    Are there some benefits with these drivers compared to the older ones? Is FEAR 2 demo still stutter? I think I will stay with 8.12 multi core fix if nobody can't convince me this drivers are good :p

14. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Maybe it's just me, but it seems GTA4 runs worse compared to 8.11

15. foxX

foxX Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 290 Tri-X
    Quake Wars (OpenGl) performance 5% up from 8.12, still below 8.6,

8.6: 125 fps
    8.12: 105 fps
    9.1: 111 fps

with competi tion settings (cpu-bound), 2008 server x64; variance 0.5 fps.

16. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    My system(stock) bench on GTA4 under XP32

8.12 - Average FPS: 27.26
    9.1 - Average FPS: 23.76

I think is terrible drivers, if I see more bad results, I going back on DNA 8.12

17. Pura.

Pura. Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780ti
    haha :D i think nvidia drivers would work better with ati cards .... then ati drivers xDDD

sorry for beeing sarcastic .... but :D this is starting to be funny ....

if u look at all change logs in past few months:D all together u get like haha 90% performance increase in crysis and some other games :D but if u install the old drivers and compare to the new ones :D its about 10-20 fps difference :D

i just dont see how is ati going to deal whit the driver problem...best way would be to pay nvidia to make drivers for ati card's :D *sorry again xDD*

18. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    sigh...

why do people use driver cleaner/sweeper? ... I cant understand it.

19. vurt

vurt Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti Strix OC
    Lost 1 FPS in GTA IV with these, lost 2 FPS in Oblivion (tested with two save games, before/after).

20. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    And you where using 8.12 hotfix, right ???????