Download: Introducing RTSS 7.3.4: Comprehensive Performance Monitoring and Capture Solution for Gamers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    GSDragoon, Embra, Undying and 11 others like this.
  2. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Awesome. Thanks Unwinder and thank HH.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Any way to stop RTSS loading whenever i start Afterburner?

I had the "single tray icon mode" selected once (unchecked now), but whenever i start Afterburner, RTSS will load as well.

Deleted all profiles from both apps already, but it's still happening. I guess only a reinstall of both apps will fix this?

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @TheDeeGee Are you sure you don't have any monitoring item (OSD) enabled in MSI Afterburner?

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is happening only when _you_ enable some feature depending on RTSS (e.g. screen capture, OSD, framerate or process specific VRAM monitoring etc). Context help for each of such features explicitly reflects that, and system info (ā€œIā€ button) window lists all active RTSS client features you currently enabled.

6. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    Anyone else is having an issue with firefox being sluggish with this new RTSS? Mine is so slow, had to revert to the previous version to make it feel snappy again. Especially in youtube videos take a good second to go full screen.

AlfaRomeo likes this.
  7. Unwinder

Firefox is in default exclusions list for ages and it has zero chances to be hooked in default configuration. Sad irony, with every single new version I release during 20 years, there are always users throwing "old version was better, I had to revert to get rig of new problems you created". And it continues over and over, so I can only offer you to stay on older build forever and I'll move forward with those who can happily use new versions.

8. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    Man, Chill. I am just asking if anyone else has the same issue as up to today it was perfectly fine, as maybe it's just me and someone has a solution if they had a similar issue. Can't even ask a question anymore?

9. Unwinder

Man, Chill. I verify every report, even if I find it PEBCAK case. The same apply to your case. And yes, even considering that I know that RTSS doesn't interact with FireFox, I spend some time on installing FF on two home PCs just to verify it before replying.
    If you don't like the reply you see, it doesn't mean I didn't reply.

blurp33 likes this.
  10. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    I appreciate you installing firefox and testing. As i have said, maybe it's just issue with my pc and at no point i blamed the software itself, so i am asking if the community had a similar issue and maybe have a solution for my case.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Thanks Unwinder and Hilbert , you guys bring the good stuff!

BlindBison, eGGroLLiO, The1 and 3 others like this.
  12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Gotcha!

I actually disabled everything in Afterburner now, as i only load it briefly to apply the Power Limit adjustment and then automatically close it.

Instead i... well... shamelessly copied your preset and put it in the Overlay Editor ^^

Schermopname (195).png

13. Unwinder

Some person decided to post traditional portion of pesonal attacks and removed it like a typical coward. But it doesn't mean that I don't see it. Than you for your kind words, mr. @Agonist. Such a pleasure to be thanked by people like you after each new version.

14. Babel-17

Babel-17 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Thank you!

Unwinder likes this.
  15. Unwinder

That's the scenario I currently prefer myself. OverlayEditor evolved drastically during the last couple years in a direction allowing you to use it as standalone monitoring solution without running AB in background.
    The preset (mini.ovl) is not entirely mine BTW, I think I've seen something looking close to it in some discussion (probably even here, at Guru3D) but I couldn't remember where exactly to see and mention the name of original creator who inspired me to create something similar.

16. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Oh, the irony. Being called a coward by the biggest one here.

You can insult others but one can not do it. Keep hiding behind that moderation status.

fry178 likes this.
  17. Mohammad Hassan

Mohammad Hassan Member

GPU:
    GTX 960
    It is not working with Days Gone. Tried all the ways but had no luck. Switched back to the previous version and everything is fine.

18. lawood

lawood Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I dont use afterburner anymore.
    Have everything I need here, can track 0.1% and 1% lows, temps, frequencies, power usage etc

19. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @Unwinder
    except it seems to be common for you to give unpleasant answers ANYTIME ppl ask something, unless they thank for (something).
    if you think its a waste of your time, why post an answer at all?

20. Unwinder

@fry178

ANYTIME? Try to think why some users get detailed answers and others who have a fun with destructive troll posts join you and @Agonists.