Download: Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server 7.3.1 Final

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Context help is available for both options.

Ishan likes this.
  2. Ishan

Ishan Guest

:D
    Sorry for the pain, despite you trying your best to make it idiot proof, yet here I was asking the obvious. :p

3. SerjRozov

SerjRozov Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Xtreme
    Hi.
    Quick question here, does the frame rate limiter feature works when app detection level set to none?

4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    No.

SerjRozov likes this.

5. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    A Warning Heads up!

I just installed the latest RTSS Rivatuner, rebooting when it asked and now as soon as MSI Afterburner launches with RTSS loading soon after the screen goes completely black with just the mouse cursor. In fact every time RTSS Rivatuner loads the screen goes completely black and I'm unable to do anything apart from restarting. Rebooted into SAFE MODE, removed RTSS Rivatuner and the System works perfectly. So I'd hold off for now on updating! - Previous beta edition worked. So maybe it's hooking into something it shouldn't be?

I7 4790K
    RTX 2070 Super : Nvidia 472.47
    Windows 10

FIXED :

There's two downloads the 7.3.1 and the 7.3.2, make sure to download the (RECOMMENDED) one which is the 7.3.2. Not sure why the 7.3.1 is listed so wooops my end!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Thats due to RTSSHooks64.dll not being replaced and RTSS starting up with the old dll instead of the new one. (did you not close rtss before updating?)

Windows is responsible for pending rename/replace tasks, the RTSS installer just registers the pending event there.

Also, wrong thread.

7. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Closed it and updated, it said some files maybe in use and the system will need to be rebooted... Went down hill after that :p

Still all fixed now, did a complete uninstall of Rivatuner and made sure I downloaded the 7.3.2 on a fresh reboot :)

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    probably hadn't finished processing the pending rename list before windows started pre-emptively starting your stuff on the login screen, "“Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart“" related im sure.

Neil79 likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Unwinder is going to fix it for the next version, the x86 library already would throw an error on mismatch but the x64 one wouldn't, what happened is that windows 10 feature began auto loading startup apps / scheduled tasks and loaded the old hooking library before windows got a chance to rename and replace the file, I've seen it happen on 10 and also i've managed to provoke it on 7 and 8 in the past.

By loading the hooking processes against the old version DWM would actually go into a crash loop hence the black screen with cursor on login.

10. Jörg

Jörg New Member

GPU:
    gigabyte 1080 8gb
    I have today installed 7.3.2. Final.
    I have now under FPS the double Fps as i normaly get. Normaly 144 FPS - Now 288 and a little lower when playing.
    DX 9 Games sows correct 144

Before a 7.32. Beta 2 all works perfect.
    Closed Afterburner - Deinstlled Rtss - Reboot - Installed 732 Final

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021

11. Unwinder

I "LOVE" release days due to flows of such posts with "old build was fine, now it is broken". No, there are no changes between 732 beta and final, which could affect that. But If you beleive in ghosts - you're freee to roll back to that beta and stay on it.

12. Mongoo

Mongoo Guest

Sinnlose Antwort. Im osd unter dx12 zeigt er wirklich 288 bei 144hz an. Mal dx11 Spiel morgen testen. Mal morgen nochmals installieren

13. Unwinder

Confirming problem form "different" account which belongs to you is not a smart idea at all. Surpize, mods have IP checking functionality. I have no ideas why I need to deal with such users on every single release.

14. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    You also need to close Afterburner. Even if you only intent to upgrade RTSS, Afterburner must also not be running, because it automatically restarts RTSS. This is probably what happened.

15. DonMigs85

DonMigs85 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 SUPER
    I have the issue as well where RTSS 7.3.2 is showing double the FPS the game is actually running at

16. Unwinder

17. DonMigs85

DonMigs85 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 SUPER
  18. Unwinder

Kena is EGS exclusive and it features achievements support (which require Epic overlay) so I’m almost certain that it is also Epic overlay in your case. 7.3.3 should help.

19. PhunnyGod

PhunnyGod Guest

Hi,

I got a notification for the new stable version and installed it. After that RTSS overlay started to show double the framerate for some games like theHunter CotW and Dead by Daylight on EGS.
    Went back to the 7.3.2 Beta 5 and it works fine.

20. Unwinder

Stable version solving that is 7.3.3. Looks like you’ve installed 7.3.2 instead. And you’d easily find it out yourself if you at least try to read TWO posts above yours prior to submitting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.