Download: Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server 7.3.1 Final

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

What about reading and thinking a bit? Beloved RTSS is intended for people able to RTFM. Keyword for search is “passive waiting”.

2. Unwinder

That was a person who distribute “DX12 for 8.1” mod himself. The mod is in fact slightly patched d3d12.dll proxy with OS compatibility check removed, taken from MS d3d12on7. Placing it directly to system OS folder is unsafe and not the smartest idea, MS designed it to be used as a proxy only, which absolutely cannot allow launching any native d3d12 applications as is. While such mod allows trying running d3d12on7 support capable games on 8.1, it is absolutely expected to break native d3d12 applications if you run them in such environment with such d3d12.dll placed in OS system folder instead of native one. Not sure why he decided to claim it here as “broken 8.1 support” and “lie in RTSS system requirements”, probably due to his misunderstanding of DX12 internals or just to get that mod supported this weird way.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

set PassiveWaitThreshold=90 to PassiveWaitThreshold=0 in C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\ProfileTemplates\Global

Super facepalm!

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    jcdomingo likes this.
  4. jcdomingo

jcdomingo New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    This actually helped and works like a charm! Thank you so much :)

5. Unwinder

And @jcdomingo is quickly leaving this place too. Reporting post giving you a keyword for solution search is TRUELY smart idea. You see absolutely no problems coming here with “I’m really disappointed with new versions” (which is respectful from your POV), and dislike the suggestion to read documentation first. What’s going on with this world?

6. jcdomingo

jcdomingo New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    And there are some who actually helps and don't bother posting something like this.

7. Unwinder

And there are some who just silently develop RTSS for “polite” users like you. Bye.

BetA likes this.
  8. jcdomingo

jcdomingo New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I'm really grateful for the amazing work you've done. I'm sorry if I made you tick with the word "disappointed" but that's because that's how I feel and my only option for me was to ask. If I know how to solve it myself, then I wouldn't bothered joining the forums to ask for help (like most of the people who don't RTFM). But sure, next time I'll make sure to read the manual.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Hello @Unwinder
    A question if you don't mind - I've noticed that my MSI AB fan profile only works if MSI AB is loaded. If I close MSI AB the fan profile seems to revert to default. Since chip/mem OC seems to stick even if MSI AB is closed I thought that would perhaps also apply to the fan profile? Or does the fan profile work differently/independently?

Thanks!

10. Unwinder

It is called software automatic fan speed curve not just for fun. All fan speed autimation is done on Afterburner side, it is 100% software feature. So yes, it absolutely needs MSI AB running in background to make it work. Alternate firmware control mode is available for some GPU models, but it is way less flexible (fewer control nodes on the curve, no hysteresis adjustment, no switching between linear/step modes etc).

Netherwind likes this.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Thanks for replying, now I know.

Streuwinkel likes this.
  12. rodrigoxm49

rodrigoxm49 Member

GPU:
    r9 380 4GB
    Guys, how to change the GPU usage and CPU usage graph to look like this?

[​IMG]

13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    It's the overlay editor plugin of RTSS. It's in the plugins tab of the RTSS settings. Don't ask me how it works though. I have virtually no idea how to use it.

rodrigoxm49 likes this.
  14. rodrigoxm49

rodrigoxm49 Member

GPU:
    r9 380 4GB
    Thanks man! I found this tutorial and it's way easier than I could imagine.

I could manage to to this and i'm still improving to show CPU core and GPU core, data that are important to me (need HWinfo plugin working properly).

[​IMG]

Andy_K likes this.
  15. sagaopc

sagaopc New Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 and RX 560
    I got a problem, and I don't know what's happening... The RTSS isn't starting with windows 10, and the overlay isn't showing with Vulkan...

I had a updated System, and updated Drivers...

Using a i5 2500K and RX 560. On another PC, with Ryzen 5 3600 and GTX 970, RTSS works flawlessy with Vulkan

16. SnoutBaron

SnoutBaron Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    Hi, so I've just discovered the Scanline Sync feature in RTSS and have been using it specifically for a game called "Enlisted".
    I've turned off VSync as is required for Scanline as well as the fps limiter in-game just to make sure, so everything seems set up correctly.

What'd I'd like to know is that is it normal for the scanline option to increase CPU (R5 3600) usage within the game that it's applied in? Example: When Scanline is off (0), Thread /Core 3 will never max on any part of the game. Highest I've seen is 70% on Thread 3. However, when I enable Scanline, I use -170 on a 900p monitor, Thread /Core 3 usage that was previously 70% will max at 100%.

Another example: I go into practise mode and stand still.
    -Scanline off: Thread/Core 3 will be at ~30% @ 1.4Ghz
    -Scanline on: Thread/Core 3 will be at ~100% @ ~3.9Ghz

Is it normal for scanline sync to increase CPU usage on a specific thread by that much? Or is there possibly an incompatibility with the game?

Thank you. I tried searching the forum for Scanline Sync CPU issues, but didn't seem to find any.

17. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    @SnoutBaron Yeah, it's normal. RTSS keeps the CPU looping at the end of every frame up until the start of the next one. The CPU doesn't actually do much during that time other than telling RTSS what time it is. So it doesn't consume much power or raise the temps much. It's basically running in circles doing nothing, but that still counts as "CPU use" and thus it shows up as 100%.

This is done in order to be able to time the frame limiter to an extremely accurate degree, which is needed in order to control the scanline position of the tearline.

chinobino, Andy_K and SnoutBaron like this.
  18. Ishan

Ishan Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11G
    Hey guys,
    I finally managed to complete my RTSS OSD skin but in the game Witcher 3 my OSD Panel is showing the resolution (<RES> in overlay) as 0x0.
    While in the overlay editor it displays the resolution scale\dimensions correctly. What could be wrong on my end?
    [​IMG]

19. Unwinder

Try to switch OSD coordinate space to framebuffer mode.

20. Ishan

Ishan Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11G
    Cheers Boss! That fixed it.
    My googling must be rusty as I didn't find any explanation about their difference. So can you please tell what's the difference between both these options and how they affect in-game\any API mode? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.