Download: Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server 7.3.1 Final

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

What about reading and thinking a bit? Beloved RTSS is intended for people able to RTFM. Keyword for search is “passive waiting”.

2. Unwinder

That was a person who distribute “DX12 for 8.1” mod himself. The mod is in fact slightly patched d3d12.dll proxy with OS compatibility check removed, taken from MS d3d12on7. Placing it directly to system OS folder is unsafe and not the smartest idea, MS designed it to be used as a proxy only, which absolutely cannot allow launching any native d3d12 applications as is. While such mod allows trying running d3d12on7 support capable games on 8.1, it is absolutely expected to break native d3d12 applications if you run them in such environment with such d3d12.dll placed in OS system folder instead of native one. Not sure why he decided to claim it here as “broken 8.1 support” and “lie in RTSS system requirements”, probably due to his misunderstanding of DX12 internals or just to get that mod supported this weird way.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

set PassiveWaitThreshold=90 to PassiveWaitThreshold=0 in C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\ProfileTemplates\Global

Super facepalm!

Last edited: May 3, 2021 at 4:02 AM
    jcdomingo likes this.
  4. jcdomingo

jcdomingo New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    This actually helped and works like a charm! Thank you so much :)

5. Unwinder

And @jcdomingo is quickly leaving this place too. Reporting post giving you a keyword for solution search is TRUELY smart idea. You see absolutely no problems coming here with “I’m really disappointed with new versions” (which is respectful from your POV), and dislike the suggestion to read documentation first. What’s going on with this world?

6. jcdomingo

jcdomingo New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    And there are some who actually helps and don't bother posting something like this.

7. Unwinder

And there are some who just silently develop RTSS for “polite” users like you. Bye.

BetA likes this.
  8. jcdomingo

jcdomingo New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I'm really grateful for the amazing work you've done. I'm sorry if I made you tick with the word "disappointed" but that's because that's how I feel and my only option for me was to ask. If I know how to solve it myself, then I wouldn't bothered joining the forums to ask for help (like most of the people who don't RTFM). But sure, next time I'll make sure to read the manual.