Download: GeForce ForceWare 182.05 Beta Driver XP | Vista 32/64

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by shine.x64, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 Strix
    yup.....downclocking works fine here ;)

2. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    Anyone tried this with World of warcraft ? Any toughts ?

3. Goddess84

Goddess84 New Member

GPU:
    2x eVGA 9800GX2 1GB
    Maximize a video in Adobe Flash Player video playback on MSNBC = insta-freeze. Other than that so far the drivers run great.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    All the drivers since v180.84 beta ones have always downclocked to 2D speeds on the desktop after exiting a 3D application for me and, sure enough, it works in these new drivers too.

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I tried an Unreal Tournament III Warfare map a couple of days ago with these drivers and the game didn't crash as it has been doing with the previous v18x.xx drivers unless the screen size was set to 98%. Seems to work fine with the setting at 100% now, although I only tried the one map...

6. DemolidoR

DemolidoR Member

GPU:
    Nvidia XFX 9800GTX+ 512MB
    Hey,

I have been using the drivers 178.24 for a couple of months overclocked at: 840|1944|1200(2400)MHz 24/7 stable, never get VPU Recover, runs great this overclock, and every time I try out some 18x.xx driver (WHQL or Beta) I get VPU Recover after like 10 minutes of playing games, sometimes even less time, in the 178.24 driver from what I do remember is, I got VPU Recover only twice since I had it from beggining.

Can anyone tell me a good stable overclock for 18x.xx drivers? so far even 800|1944|1200MHz I get VPU recover, that's kinda pissing me off.

Thank you.

P.S.: I've got a XFX Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512MB

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    VPU Recover? I thought only the ATI Catalyst drivers and graphics cards had that feature...?

8. DemolidoR

DemolidoR Member

GPU:
    Nvidia XFX 9800GTX+ 512MB
    Sorry, I don't know how it's named for Nvidia :p

9. Garak

Garak Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 280 GTX OC
    Working great for me.
    Xp32, 1920x1080:
    UT3: Works fine, 60+ FPS
    LOTR Conquest: Works fine, 90+ FPS with 16xAA/AF
    BioShock: Working great, forced 8XQ AA 60+ FPS

Several other games also fine.

Didn't do much benchmarks cepts furmark, which I got about the same score as I did with 181.22.

10. Ajoobajabajeeba

Ajoobajabajeeba Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 465
    Every 3d app I tried locked up on me... :( I would get about 15 seconds into a game, or a video, and then my computer hard locked. Tried overclocked and non-overclocked and same thing occurred

11. TheSarge

TheSarge Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X
    Did you do a DriverCleaner pass before you installed these new betas?
    :biggun:

12. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    No probs here and i installed it over the top. No driver cleaner required, it shouldnt be anyway.

13. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060
    182.05 have Much Better IQ in F.E.A.R. 2 compared to 185.20, and little better FPS

14. wannabe

wannabe Member

GPU:
    9600 GT
    Upgraded my mobo BIOS (not the newer versions because cpu fan was always at 100% even with intelligent cool fan option,but to a newer one) but still got the stuttering.
    Seems that XP may be the problem, but cba to install Vista for just one game.Its kinda odd,because its works fine with old drivers.

15. bala_gamer

bala_gamer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX NVIDIA 1070GTX
    I have a strange thing with this driver , my fps are increased in most of the game menus that i have installed. im getting a fps inrease of about 10 to 20 in game menus!! Does any one having the samething??

16. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX

on windows XP you can bind Reset driver to a hotkey, which can be usable as recover, at least i do that =) (luckily not needing it actually)

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Great drivers! No problems at all (not yet) XD

18. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Same here, hard lockups with sound looping with these drivers in almost all games sooner or later, seems like a gtx 295 related issue.

19. Solace50

Solace50 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 560 ti 2gb SLI
    terrible for fallout 3 on x64 it renders black boxes large ones in random places when viewing certain angles and also drawing/putting away your weapon along with a few minor random crashes. 185.02 still by far the best for me on 260/x64. also was it just me or did this driver keep previous settings when installed... i even ran driver cleaner except it had prerender frames as 1 along with some other various other settings i used...

20. HeatSurge

HeatSurge Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 c216 679/1080
    I would like to retract this statement. I did two things before running Left 4 Dead tonight:
    1) I uninstalled "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable" from Add/Remove programs
    2) I set "heap memory available" to "medium" in the advanced video options in Left 4 Dead

Both changes were set per a "recommended solutions" thread on the steam forums regarding freezes with sound loop.

I played Left 4 Dead for an hour and a half tonight, no stuttering, and NO CRASHES! (woot), even with multicore on. Game is smooth as butter!

For now, it seems like 182.05 are manna from heaven, for me. Everything works fine and well.

Specs are updated on the left if someone cares about my system. BTW it's Win XP SP3 32bit.