Download Forceware 60.72

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Kale[RO], Apr 9, 2004.

1. Chouji

Chouji Ancient Guru

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    actually im getting problems with Direct 3D altogether with these drivers...

2. Sentrix

Sentrix Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640MB(1.1ns)
    They are probably not the final version that will be released for NV40, is the final supposed to be 60.30??

3. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    LOL. you people are meanies! :peeleft:

4. Explicit`

Explicit` Guest

Starstorm 56.72
    AQ3 - 49,024
    3dmark03 - 6524

AQ3 - 49,204
    3dmark03 - wouldnt finish, would get bluescreen halfway through - error was nv4disp

5. Fulgore04

Fulgore04 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce 980 Strix
    lol the iq went blurry compared to starstorms!

6. Chick-kun

Chick-kun Guest

moo

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2004
  7. Xaero001

Xaero001 Guest

Heres my results and conclusion for the 60.72 drivers

Aquamark3 lost about 100pts compared to 56.72 which is nothing

Farcry plays same but has been destoryed by grey fog from hell here check out this screenshot it looks like they painted everything grey and I know its not just me or my comp or card doing this.http://www.geocities.com/xaero001/FarCry0001.jpg Right click save target as

But out of this driver everything else played same or a tab better than 56.72 but if you play painkiller these drivers are a dream well at least for me. I ran the new SP demo and now 0% lag .(Period) and i used to get maybe a lil here and there in big battle scenes but now its just Tons of bullets coming out of the minigun and body parts flyin everywhere and it playing smooth as can be.

But out of all of this These are NOT finished driver as u can see in the inf file its not even organized right and if a driver was to make farcry look like this they would not alow it to be official just like the ones with the Ut2004 bug.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2004
  8. ludde

ludde Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS 9800pro 128MB 420/380
    these drivers are definatly not for gf4 owners.
    i tried them out just for the sake of it on my gf4 :) and my painkiller demo got ****ed up beyond recognition. the screen got all weird, the whole picture shaked all over with major gfx ****ups and **** :D
    cod also got screwed, the framerate dropped ~15fps at some weird places.
    didnt test any other games.

obviously they are betas so will problary be better when they become official.
    but gf4 owners be aware and maybe also the fx owners ;)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2004
  9. Xaero001

Xaero001 Guest

Also my farcry went nuts like problems glitching and the works. Also other that glitch's and performance jumps/loses these drivers are highly not-recommended.

Also I saw 2 small changes in the control panel itself. A small thing added to the game profiles and the Auto detect overclock button now says Detect Optimal Frequency

Well its time to uninstall these babys and back to my good old StarStorm 56.72XQ till the new ones arrive to tweak

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2004
  10. Shex

Shex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    lol man i'm glad i never gave them driver's a go..save me all that hassel.

thx for the feedback guys :)

oh yeah what about the features anything new ?

11. gunslinger

gunslinger Master Guru

GPU:
    1 EVGA GTX titan 6gig SC
    Yeah stay away from these guys. They are real wonkey, they may have hosed my O.S.! When back to the starstorms and still get some gliches in FC. Looks like a reinstall on the O.S. Have to wait until there a final release or get starstormed!. Well that's what you get for using a beta driver. And everyone was screaming for this bad boy, LOL

Teach me to use beta drivers, but in some cases they are(betas) real stable, who knew! :rolleyes:

12. Shex

Shex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    rofl, man sos but you have to reinstall your O.S again =/..bad luck m8 can't you at least uninstall the drivers and get rid of any trace of Nvidia files...then maybe install the starstorms once again ?

13. Chouji

Chouji Ancient Guru

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    ya these are crap drivers.. so way obviously in the beta stage.

14. COOL GUY'S THESE ARE GOING IN TRASHBIN:D

15. David

David Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Alright I've had a little time to play with these drivers. Tried several games including Far Cry, Halo, Unreal Tournament 2004... No noticeable performance gains, but no visual problems either. The Applications Profile feature appears to be broken in this driver set. One new feature, a new uninstall utility when you try to remove the drivers from Add/Remove Programs:
    [​IMG]
    It didn't work correctly either, display drivers were not completely removed. All in all these drivers are very beta (not unexpected since these drivers were intended to show off the NV40, not for release), use at your own risk.

16. mrk

mrk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TwinFrozr
    well, ive posted my benches already and everything still runs perfect if not better games wise and i have a ti4600 overclocked ¬_¬

i think some peoples systems overall may be a little fragile with these drivers and others ot, just like every other driver...

17. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    I also hope Ati removes their "optimizations" from their drivers too. :rolleyes:

Strange how some of you are having some problems with these drivers and Far Cry, yet Far Cry works fine for me and these drivers. I notice a performance increase too.. Seems 6xSFSAA is added into the User CP..

Last edited: Apr 9, 2004
  18. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Five Feet the problem with Far Cry is playing the Game on patch 1.1

seems me and all the Far Cry users love this patch

19. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    I do have patch 1.1 installed..

20. Richteralan

Richteralan Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS IceQ3 Radeon X1900XT
    Really strange.
    I have no problem with far cry 1.1 even they fixed the texture problem caused by the patch.
    I pumped to highest detail and not a glitch happened.
    Aquamark 3 went fewer scores but nicer image quality.
    Unreal 2 XMP highest detail also not a glitch...