Download Display Driver Uninstaller DDU version 15.7.0.1

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. wolford171

wolford171 Guest

GPU:
    8g
    ****ing thank Christ! Ive been trying to install new drivers for days. It kept failing. I tried this little download randomly after trying 70 different things and it worked like a charm. Guess there was something I was missing that the little program you have here murdered in its stupid little face. Thank you so so ssooooo much. And it was free!. Whoever you people are, I thank you. Your what makes the internet good. I registered just to thank you. If theres something your selling I'll buy it. Just email me. Rock on random try 71!

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    DDU should be in everybody's quiver to tackle such problems. Thanks for the new release!

4. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    That has to be one of the most aggressive Thank Yous Ive ever seen. :)

I hope Wagnard sees it.

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I saw it thanks for the PM Hootmon ;)
    Glad that users was happy, mission accomplished for DDU !

And if he want to buy something, he can just donate as I dont have a computer eShop (yet... but that's another story)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  6. Imlach

Imlach Guest

GPU:
    R9 280 Dual-X 3GB
    I've just downloaded it but in the archive i found the v15.7.1.0 and not the newest one (v15.7.2.0). Can you fix it?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  7. yurilavor

yurilavor Guest

GPU:
    8 Gb
    Hello, I just downloaded this last version and it asked for restart in safe mode. I did it and now my computer is asking for a password that I don't have!
    My notebook is an acer nv7-591g with Windows 10.
    I tried to enter by BIOS but didn't worked..

[EDIT]
    I just realized that the secure mode has changed my PIN password to my microsoft account's password (that I forgot).. :bang:
    Probleme solved kk

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  8. SilentForever

SilentForever Guest

GPU:
    -
    Skeptical at first

I was skeptical at first but after trying everything else, this is my last resort. I was so happy with results, i follow every instruction and boot into safe mode just in case for recommended procedure and all my issues are gone. Clean install and smooth sailing. The only setting i change was the delete c:/ nvidia folder was uncheck and i checked it just to delete all the remnants. Very happy with this program. Full support.

9. Babeyg

Babeyg Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gt550 2gb
    Asus n53sn laptop, in device manager nvidia card error code 43...
    I search for it, and I find ddu.
    I uninstall my driver with it, but I can't bring it back. Even i try to install driver, it gives error, there is no nvidia g. card.. What can i do ?????

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  10. Yomano

Yomano Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    Oi! I'd like to thank you for this handy lil tool, but your tutorial is just missing one part, which confuses me because it has fulfilled its purpose with great success but I'd also like to get rid of it too now...
    I have read a file (brilliantly named "Readme" :smile: ) that states
    Does that mean I can't remove any of the DDU files and folders until the end of times? Because I really don't want to compromise my system right now.

Just to clearly express my question once and for all:

Is it safe to delete all DDU files and folders (namely: "DDU logs", "settings" and "x64") ?

11. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC

After you`ve removed previously installed graphic drivers with DDU you can safely remove DDU and all it`s folders and files, don`t worry. DDU is portable like app, it doesn`t install anything into your OS, everything DDU related stays in DDU`s folder.

12. Yomano

Yomano Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    Real sweet ! :banana:

The question sounds stupid since we're talking about an uninstaller (like "hey we've built a cozy program to get rid of all useless graphics drivers! You can't get rid of our program though..." :infinity:), but I just wanted to make sure since I don't understand everything about how this tool works.

Thanks for the quick reply Milo!

And that's also a general "Thank you" for the program, thank you guys :thumbup:

13. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Yes it is safe to remove DDU folders completely.
    I should update that old readme file in the future...

14. JoeG

JoeG Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 960M 4GB
    THANK YOU! Man, I've been going through hell for about two weeks now. My laptop screen broke, and so I connected a monitor to the laptop. With the laptop screen being broken, and video going to the monitor, the NVIDIA drivers became all buggy for some reason. Every time I started my laptop they started sending a message saying that the NVIDIA driver failed and then recovered. And that would cause my system to freeze every time (funny that it says it recovered, yet it's frozen...). I made sure it wasn't my GPU, and that it is functional. And I updated the drivers a few times, but low and behold the same thing would happen. Restart -> Crash -> Restart -> Crash
    So then I started just trying to get RID of the drivers until I get my laptop screen replacement. The dirty, nasty little ..... kept re-installing itself, and then CRASH, Reinstall -> Crash! So I've been playing this god awful game of "Open device manager and disable NVIDIA as fast as I can" every time I turn my laptop on, so it won't reinstall it's driver and then freeze my laptop. I got tired of doing that, and I tried all kinds of stuff. I tried installing a generic driver, and removing everything NVIDIA, but it kept reinstalling itself. I downloaded microsofts show/hide diag tool for updates, but that didn't work, it'd still keep installing itself at reboot. I tried just using wifi and metered my connection, and that DID work, but I was sacrificing my internet speed by a ton. If I'm going to sit in my office, with my laptop connected to my monitor, at least I should be able to use my wired connection and get my full internet speed. So I stopped doing that, and then thankfully I stumbled across your tool.

I gave it a shot, and BAM! 30 seconds later, It eradicated EVERY thing NVIDIA related, and it completely blocked the auto update! I restarted a couple times and nothing. THANK YOU!

NVIDIA drivers are a nightmare to deal with. Especially with windows 10 forcing my face on the ground while NVIDIA has its way with me.

But any way - Thank You! You're awesome...your program rocks.

15. gdfsgdfg

gdfsgdfg Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 2GB
    I don't know why but after DDU is done it gets stuck at the "searching new driver" and windows 10 completely freezes it used to bsod but now it just gets stuck completely and I have to restart.

It doesn't seem to affect anything though. It works fine on my windows 7 laptop though, I guess that just proves how terrible 10 is.

16. Nova wolf

Nova wolf Guest

GPU:
    Hej
    Ruined my computer even more

After downloading this program and uninstalling my drivers, i restarted my pc, my pc couldn't even start and now i think im in the situation where i have to full reset my pc and i have exams next week. Thanks for ruining my pc.

17. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Explain to us how exactly did you used DDU and what was the real reason for DDU use. Then boot sistem from some bootable Linux distro od Hiren's WinXP to reach for DDU's log (in DDU`s folder), send log to DDU forum so we could analyse it: DDU log or it didn't happened. I have a feeling we either have a pebkac case here or you had a OS or hardware problem and DDU was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm guessing he did not know what he was doing and has ended up doing something he did not fully understand.

DDU is not at fault, it does exactly what it is intended to do.

PEBKAC

tensai28 likes this.
  19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Even thou I have disabled "automatically check for DDU updates on startup" it's still showing a search bar in my lower left corner of the application.

20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Download v16.0.0.1 and try again :)