Download & Discuss Geforce Driver 361.75 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AaD-Marine, Jan 27, 2016.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I had that black screen too when I alt+tab'd, will try to turn off exclusive fullscreen to see, hopefully it fixes frequent CTD by scripted scenes as well.. and that live kernel event ID 141 with HW error.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Once you find out that Windows since Vista are hiding the new tray icons by default this "issue" quickly becomes a complete non-issue. And if someone for some obscure reason changed the default behavior to "always show everything" then it's his own decision which he now must live with.

It won't "get left there for a very long time" as the whole TB3 hot plug function is being actively developed right now and NV already said that they'll remove the icon in the next driver set.

This whole issue just shows how many people are like to complain without any merit.

3. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    The driver must be very good with just this issue filling most of the thread's pages...

4. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    heh, typical keyboard warriors picking a silly fight just cause it's a fight. :)

5. residentour

residentour Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Is DSR broken in this driver? After I switch to any factors (tried x1.20, x1.33 x2.00 ) of native resolution my desktop is blurry on all. I am on windows 10 x64.

6. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Lol, that's a good way to look at it. It's a good driver. I'm not running into any other issues.

The default behavior is stupid, IMO. It's the same with combining and hiding labels for regular taskbar items. You can't see what's hiding unless you explicitly click on them. I can't just glance down and see "what's up." I run with only three icons down there (network, sounds and notifications) besides the time.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  7. Fr3ddY

Fr3ddY New Member

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4gb
    I just found out that this driver removes the USB icon to eject usb drives from the taskbar as well as eject usb device by right clicking in explorer is also gone.
    format is all that is left. This is very dangerous for data lost on any usb device all you can do unplug the device.

Uninstalling now.

8. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Strange don't have that problem here on stable build

9. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    This is what happened to me, USB 2 and 3.1 ports were working fine, but my Intel USB 3.0 ports stopped working while the driver was installed.
    Rolling back was the only way to get my USB 3.0 working again...

Far from being an "annoyance" like some people said, it's certainly a bug.

10. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Alt tab and i get a black screen to, but wen i use windows key it work fine.

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The default behavior is perfectly fine. Drag icons you want to see on the tray, leave the ones you don't under the arrow. End of the big issue.

12. jibi049

jibi049 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
  13. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    card run ~ 10c hotter with this driver.

get some really odd behavior with rainbow six siege: at the end of a match (not round) i will lose signal to the monitor and the fan will start blowing at what sounds like 100%.

not sure if the two are related, but this also happened once with the .43's.

what's super duper messed up is that this started happening immediately after i turned on a 24 hour booster.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    What is causing these new drivers to run hotter than previous ones?

15. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb

So about 5 mins ago i've swapped over to HDMI 2.0 and now the cards are behaving in the correct manner ,eg clocking down on the desktop when idle ,
    when set at 144hz refresh rate:) i've waited so long for this , wish i had swapped sooner

so it would seem to be something to do with the displayport connection maybe

16. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Installed this and now Rise of the tomb raider just crashes on game load every time, sometimes with full screen memory artifacting, even at stock clocks. Garbage drivers, going back to 359.00.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    When do crashes occur? mine seem to be happening right before there is a scripted event or scene changing. lol got around 10 -15 crashes in first 3 levels, using v.high textures @ 1080p with maxout vram ~ 3056MB :infinity:

Will see now with stock gpu OC, I ruled out cpu OC for now. If it still happening I will return to older 358.91 too, I found these a little better back then for my gpu.

btw how's perf. with older 359.00 driver, around the same as these "TombRaider specific" drivers?

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    +1

I hate hiding them and it looks so empty when hidden.

19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I've just beat RotTR on this driver with zero issues (I think I got one driver crash but it didn't affect anything as I simply continued playing after the screen turned on again). Check your hardware, the driver is fine.

20. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    even at 1680x1050 very high textures will go over 4gb vram once you get into the first hub area, and even at 1080p, high textures will go over 3gb.

your card is medium texture material.

this is a know game issue that affects some people. saw it pop up numerous times on the steam forum.