Download & Discuss Geforce Driver 361.43 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alanm, Dec 21, 2015.

1. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    lol no issue here. y don't u try single gpu?

2. dreamlord

dreamlord Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650 1GB DDR5
    so far all my games run just fine (pes, fifa, nba 2k, bc2, bf3)... bc2 issue finally fixed.

hope it stays this way in the future.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well, played BF4, rock stable. Haven't had the opportunity to spend time playing other games.

4. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    fifa 15 not smooth. damn the game got issue. no limit fps is smooth but got coil whine which i can't stand.

5. Super1

Super1 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    had 3 BSOD until now with this driver :V

6. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    It can't be that difficult to let us know what OS you're using guys. It does help in determining and fixing issues with drivers.

7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    Im sorry guys, I been wanting to ask something about the problem people have with higher refresh rate and clock speeds, and I might seen a little skeptical about it.

where does it say that high refresh rate wont effect the idle clocks speeds?

by what I been reading. it seems to be normal and is expected seeing 144hz requires more bandwidth even on idle.

and it just by luck if nvidia can get the clocks speeds lower without a tdr happening from lack of power.

8. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    nvidia always takes long time adding new dx support to cards.

that reason why I was with AMD so long because nvidia took forever dx 11 support.

AMD had directx 11 cards out before nvidia did.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  9. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Idle clocks are fixed for me on Windows 10 running 144Hz, nice :)

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I think there is a difference between shipping a card with a new version of DX and supporting it on an older piece of hardware. The 4xx series went up against the 5000/6000 series of AMD, neither of which are getting DX12 support at all.

And it's definitely not "always". Nvidia launched DX10 cards nearly 5 months before AMD did.

11. Super1

Super1 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    sorry
    gtx 970
    win 10 64bit

first time to have 3 BSOD with the same driver.

edit: and as usual I uninstalled every nvidia driver/software in normal mode
    then reboot to safe mode and used ddu,then after restart I used ccleaner in normal mode and installed the driver (everything except hd audio driver & geforce experience),
    I do that every time I install new nvidia driver.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  12. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Probably a Windows problem, I think this is since Windows 10 November update.

13. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Still no fix for the AA Stutter bug or broken 16-bit resolution DSR? :(

Easy to tell for anyone. Download the free demo of Pinball FX2 on steam, force any form of SGSSAA with 0x000020C1 with any GPU OSD like Afterburner disabled. And load up the demo tables. Look at the insane constant stuttering.

This isn't the only game affected.

Last working 347.88.
    This issue has been reported and known for well over 6 months now.

With DSR enabled, select the 16-bit color resolution in game instead of 32-bit and watch the gamma be crushed into oblivion.

In the case of Trails in the Sky, it uses 16-bit color exclusively even with 32-bit selected in the launcher.
    Making DSR unusable, considering the game has no AA of it's own for a DX8 game.

Last working 347.88

14. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI

cheers :) as it happens i do have it set to this anyway so i guess all is ok :):)

15. Assirra

Assirra Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 4GB
    Shameful how? There are only bare minimum benchmarks and exactly zero games out for DX12 so far.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Sorry to quote myself but it makes sense to repeat what I've said here so others can see it in case, they too, are experiencing the same issue.

Well, it seems that reverting back to the v359.06 driver DID fix the BSOD issue with Legend of Eisenwald and Pillars of Eternity BUT while I was navigating the NVIDIA control panel I experienced another BSOD, the same error as above: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (nvlddmkm.sys)

Not really sure what is going on here to be honest as I have never ever experienced a BSOD before while using the NVIDIA control panel or, indeed, while loading up a game!!! :3eyes:

Could my graphics card be damaged? When I Google-d the error, I found similar threads regarding this error and the general consensus seems to be that it is a software error related to nvlddmkm.sys and fixable by updating to a newer driver. Somewhat ironic considering that THIS is the latest driver. :(

Now I do have a new Dell monitor and the only thing that I have installed since I got it last Saturday is the Dell Display Manager tool, a program that allows operating system control of my display such as brightness, contrast, screen saver, etc. I'm wondering if it is this program that might be causing a conflict with the display driver as I would guess that it is integrated into Windows at a low-level in order to be able to do the things it does.

Thinking about it, I did notice a lot of errors in the Event log relating to nvlddmkm.sys when I was playing around with the DDM tool's option to turn the screen off when the Windows screensaver kicks in. It could be a coincidence though. Logically, this has to a software issue because the issue is not random but can be triggered by loading specific games or using going to a certain section of the NVIDIA control panel.

P.S. My issue may appear to be an isolated one simply because I am one of the few people to own that Dell monitor, a display that is primarily aimed at professional users not gamers.

*UPDATE 2*
    Well, after receiving a message from someone over on the GeForce.com forum with the same Dell monitor and Dell Display Manager software as me and who was also experiencing BSODs, I was almost convinced that it was the DDM software that was the root cause of this issue.

Sadly, it's not as I have just received another BSOD while trying to set the Anti-aliasing to 8x in Kerbal Space Program which I bought in the Steam Sale yesterday. I tried again after a reboot, changed a few other settings and applied them, including resolution and various graphics options, but the BSOD occurs in that game *only* when I try to apply the AA setting after changing it.

What the hell is up with this driver on my system? Why am I suddenly getting constant and repeatable (as in they are triggered by specific games or sections within programs) BSODs all of a sudden after years of running a stable system? I am convinced that they are not hardware-related otherwise they would be random whereas I can replicate the issue 100% by doing the same thing that triggered the BSOD in the first place.

Really not happy about this as loading a game feels like playing Russian Roulette and I have no idea what kind of damage/corruption these BSODs are doing to my system. :(

P.S. Does anyone know of a tool that can analyse the minidumps that Windows saves after BSOD crashes as that might throw more light on what the cause could be? Thanks.

17. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    i had this too Blue screen but i dont know if its cpu low voltage or nvidia with older 355.12 driver

18. fliperpl

fliperpl Active Member

GPU:
    gtx660 gigabyte 2gb OC
    is worthly to upgrade drivers for gtx660 and w8.1?

19. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Probably not. This driver seems to be more problematic than most. It should be pulled tbh.

20. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Hope that helps :)