Download & Discuss Geforce Driver 361.43 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alanm, Dec 21, 2015.

1. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Been using this driver for five days now. No issues at all with Fallout 4, Witcher 3 and Elite Dangerous.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm curious because those games worked fine too on my system with the v361.43 driver but other games and programs would always 100% cause a BSOD, e.g. loading Legend of Eisenwald and Pillars of Eternity, applying 8X AA in Kerbal Space Program and even just clicking on 3D Settings > Adjust image settings with preview in the NVIDIA control panel!

Basically, what I am saying is that a very specific and small number of apps caused the BSODs (and every time too) but if I was only playing/testing a small number of installed games then it would have appeared that I had no issues either. Which would be true because you cannot foresee issues with games and apps you do not use yourself, obviously.

These BSODs are completely fixed with a clean install of the previous v359.06 WHQL driver on my system using DDU and I have been playing/testing dozens and dozens of my rather extensive games collection (600+ installed titles) over the past few days. Of course, the underlying cause could be Windows 10 itself, which I upgraded to build 10586 from 10240 around two months ago. It is possible that this issue does not happen on build 10240 for example and you yourself are using Windows 8.1.

4. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Can confirm.

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Fans are controlled from the BIOS unless the driver override this which NV doesn't do because of how many different cooling configurations are out there. So in short - it's very unlikely that the new driver has anything to do with your fan starting later.

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    These drivers appear to be rock stable for me on Windows 10. No crashes at all in any of the games I've played (the SWTOR crashes from previous drivers seem to be cured as well), performance is good, too.

7. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    This is indeed a problem with the engine itself. On PC this can be solved by turning off Global Illumination in the graphic options menu, on PS4 I don't know... I've noticed some slight flickering even after disabling Global Illumination but it happens very, very rarely.

8. Ziver

Ziver Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP Extrem
    Thanks, it worked but can it be do auto ? All people cant do anything for real idle clock :/

9. Framani

Framani Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 8G
    My gtx 770 is working nicely, all games are running the way they should except Fallout 4, that game is plagued by lag and bugs, nice game though.

10. Framani

Framani Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 8G
    AC syndicate has a weird issue with RTSS, I had to run it after loading the game, other than that everything's fine.

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Haven't experienced any issues so far after a week of use. Upgraded from 353.06.

12. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    lol i bought it with rusian vpn now i need buy vpn service and run it all time i play 2015 game realy lazy developers...

13. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    FYI the fans on my 970 don't even start spinning until it hits 60 degrees by design as the throttling point is 80 degrees. 70 is nothing to worry about even if it is "hot". This could be by design but I'll wait and see what happens.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    1. Games stuck at 90fps
    2. Core does idle at 144Hz but not always, sometimes it boosts up to 1139MHz and stays there for half a minute or so
    3. When I close MSI AB, RTSS stays in tray and I cannot close it.

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Same with 980 Ti. Runs like **** at High settings (don't even think about Ultra.)

16. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    i never had a BSOD with any driver with my gtx970, maybe i got a lucky one :)

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Having been using 16:10 aspect ratio monitors for the best part of a decade, first 1680x1050 then 1920x1200, I cannot say whether this issue has always existed but I noticed on upgrading to a 2560x1440 16:9 aspect ratio monitor last week that games that only support 1920x1080 such as Tembo the Badass Elephant and Legend of Korra look incredibly washed out in terms of colours compared with other resolutions.

I looked n the NVIDIA control panel and, bizarrely, 1920x1080 is listed under a separate section and referred to as 1080p, an HDTV. On investigating further, I found out that this is caused by the resolution using a limited RGB range of 16-240 instead of the full range from 0-255. In fact, I found a small program that fixes this by making changes to a few registry keys and can confirm it does work. The only problem is that this fix needs to be done every time I install a new river so it is not a permanent solution.

The question I have to ask is why the driver even acts this why in the first place? 1920x1080 is the most widely used resolution for PC gamers and most core gamers are likely using dedicated monitors not HDTVs. How many people are playing games unaware that the colours are incorrect? This issue really needs to be fixed properly in my opinion.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I appear to have found a bug. When I went into nvidia cp and clicked on "Adjust Image Settings With Preview" my computer locked up. I could no longer interact with any windows. I still heard youtube playing in the background though so it wasn't completely frozen.

So all I could do was reset. Problem is, because "Adjust Image Settings With Preview" was the last tab I visited, nvidia cp always starts there now. And my computer locks up again.

Edit:
    This guy has same issue:
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20151230070633AAECT5G

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  19. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Can't reproduce that on my rig, using Chrome for youtube/browsing.
    What browser are you using and what apps were you running?

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    ^ same problem I had. Bsod every time I opened nvcp