Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    Other Issue with crimson, in dota 2 4k VSR resolution It does not work correctly ..

Now I am with the drivers 15.11.1 and no problems . work all good !

I think the crimson driver WHQL for series 300 - 200 .. driver have a lots of problems..

Drivers crimson beta for series hd 5000 6000 etc.. works better than Whql

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    For the millionth time...The only GPUs who have 4 K VSR are 285, 380 and new Fury series.

It was also possible in single GCN 1.1 GPU (290(X)) with 15.3-15.5 modded driver.

4K VSR is 3840x2160 in AMD drivers.

3200x 1800 is not 4K VSR.

3. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    3200x 1800 reso dont work correctly in dota 2

I do not understand as a r9 390 dont have 4k vsr and r9 380 yes, =S

4. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I've send an issue form about the clockspeed behavior, which is mysteriously isolated around 5K only in my case.
    Hopefully they sort it out quickly

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    AMD decision mostly based in the broken CFX VSR 4K in GCN 1.1

6. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    I too have artifacts on the compass in FO3... In fact, parts of the compass just are not there, period... as I rotate & the compass pans left/right, parts of the readout are just not there...

There is definitely work still to be done on this crimson driver. Never mind the new features, we need the basic driver to display correctly...:bang:

Stay breezy n be lucky :cheers:

peace... :thumbup:

7. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Crysis shows Artifacts in the HUD from my limited 5 minutes testing, regardless of Shader Cache enabled or disabled, I tried emptying the DXCache folder too, to no avail.

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Afterburner 4.2.0 next week, so be able to lock clocks, and whack the Crimsons back on :)

10. LeBron23cavs

LeBron23cavs Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X Gaming 8G
    Good to know. I'm still using asus tweak tool (3D clocks) to achieve max clocks in games, but still, I will happily return back to MSI AB :).

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015

11. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Who told you that it will allow you to lock clocks? You're giving users false hopes, sorry.

12. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Guest

GPU:
    980Ti
    had to go back to 15.7.1, have some strange performance and game profile looks not work as they have, like cf profile on cs:go, disabled on the game profile, but when i run the game the cf is enable with lots of problem

13. Alexj89

Alexj89 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire trix 290x
    So, it is worth to install crimson or its better to stick with the last beta 15.11.1 ?

14. billydydcoen

billydydcoen Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060 OC TUF
    if you want stability it's better to stay with the latest catalyst 15.11.1, if you want to try the newest driver with Crimson feature you can, but you'll possibily have some problems with cnext.exe crash at reboot or some instable clock

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I thought it would like it did for my 290X when i had the core bouncing prob on that. :(

16. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    For performance they are about the same. Sometimes Crimson seems a little weaker but it's hard to completely tel for me. Honestly if you play FO4 you may want to stick with 15.11.1 because of the hud flickering. Crimson's cool features like per game profiles is broken for some people like me as well. Also settings reset when set in global sometimes.

It's messy right now but it overall works driver wise.

17. Wolfehunter

Wolfehunter Guest

I really don't like this new Crimson driver. I've had glitches from games like fallout. I find it running rougher than 15.11.1 for me. Maybe for some of you guys it runs better but on my R9 290x it doesn't. I reverted back to beta driver. I'll wait till AMD irons out some of there new issues before I update again.

I really don't like this driver AMD. Mat if your here I've sent bug reports to amd. I hope you guys fix this ****. Its a mess.

Wolfe

18. Szaby59

Szaby59 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega56
    Did you check the GPU temperature when you got those artifacts ? There is a bug with the new ui which affects the fan speed - basically it will disable the fan no matter what's your GPU temperature. There are several overheating complaints on reddit. This would explain why someone expierence artifacts someone doesn't...

19. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    It's always worked perfectly for me so I don't know if anything has been changed or not.

20. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I've noticed it a little rougher for me too. But the fps is about the same all around. 15.11.1 might feel a tad smoother.