Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    any one tested this on eyefinity ?? my third screen is stuttering badly.. almost unplayable .. this display is connected with a dp.. im using a active display port to dvi adapter...

2. fez

fez Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D Radeon 7870 2gb
    cant see any point for fluid motion not to support all gpus.
    Well, who wants fluid motion - SmoothVideo Project is for you ( https://www.svp-team.com )

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Potplayer > all

4. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    i tried that project and it wasnt as good as the one i use now way to buggy

5. Dygaza

Dygaza Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Are they all connected to one card?

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I just noticed that Overdrive does weird things with the GPU fan. Not that the control implementation has a problem, but it resets the setting to "manual" and a ridiculous value like 24% in my gpu...

7. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    No display at windows startup with this driver once i turn on after a day of no use. Happened to me twice already. First time i just booted to safe mode and uninstalled the driver and second time now. Any suggestions?

8. mephis13

mephis13 New Member

GPU:
    msi hd 7950
    hello
    same issue about calibration profile
    any suggestion pls?

9. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    Mine is auto but locked to 20% no mater what the temp is... That's realy bad.
    I have to manualy set it to something higher to keep the temp low when gaming but after restart it goes back to auto and 20%.

10. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Overdrive is crap. It was conflicting with afterburner. It did sometimes prevent afterburner from going back to 2d clocks.

One time overdrive did set the core clocks of both my cards to -45 procent. The performance was really bad. I changed it back to 0 procent (normal clocks) and after that my computer kept crashing as soon as i saw my desktop. Only fix was to remove the drivers completely and reinstall them. This time, i didn't agree to overdrive. Everything is working fine again.

11. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I'm trying to do the same. The problem is that uninstallation took 10 minutes, and now I'm at the 10th minute of the installation, at 25%...

12. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    If you haven't use DDU i would sugesst using it for this driver. I installed crimson just above my old catalyst and ran into a lot of small issues. After doing a clean install everything works as it should on my end.

13. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I'm always using DDU after uninstalling the driver from Programs & Features. It still takes ages to install/uninstall.

14. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    Check here and here. We all have these problems.

Here is a compilation of the issues.

15. putino

putino Active Member

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon 8970M / 4gb

16. ksio89

ksio89 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 8850M@8870M
    Power state issues are back with this driver on my notebook. Shutting down and hibernation only work occasionally, and I can't return from suspension. The cause is Runtime Power Management (RTPM), which AMD Radeon does not support, while Intel HD Graphics does. This has been fixed by either upgrading to Windows 10 or using Catalyst UnifL by Leshcat, but now it's back with Radeon Software under Windows 10. I'm seriously considering going back to Catalyst 15.11 beta UnifL until a fix is released.

I tried the registry key method to disable RTPM but it did not work, it used to work with Windows 8.1.

Another user with a Dell Inspiron notebook with a Radeon Mobility GPU reported the same issue after installing Radeon Software Crimson Edition. Shutting down, hibernation and suspension do not work properly as it did before, it's like asking too much from AMD for a new driver without bugs.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  17. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Anyone was able to install this driver on hd7670m gpu? I've downloaded driver from amd's website and i'm unable to install it. Windows 10 x64.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  18. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega64 Nit
    I tried to reproduce this clock issue but it seems that is not affecting my system. Here some screenshots

assassins creed syndicate
    [​IMG]
    battlefield 4
    [​IMG]
    fallout 4
    [​IMG]
    crysis 2 (forgot to uncap from 60 in maldo config)
    [​IMG]
    mad max (a random death in the middle of chart)
    [​IMG]
    So far seem to be a solid driver. Couple fps more in every game and no more indoors stuttering in Fallout 4

19. Biebo

Biebo Active Member

GPU:
    GPU
    Hi,
    Does anyone know how to fix the pixelated artifacts in Witcher 3? I'd just revert back to 15.11.1 but the shader cache feature is so good. :D

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Have you tried another resolution?