Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    It was automatically added.

2. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    According to the VLC player site it should. I honestly don't know what it all means. I know that it plays DTS and DD5.1 out of the box.

I just tried WMC again and now it's playing digital audio. It hasn't done that before, but it's been a while since i last tried (about a year ago:p). I guess that i might have installed some new codecs or something. It might even be because i switched from win 7 to win 10. I don't know.

WMP is also working now. It didn't work before. I was actually trying to fix it for hours, until i gave up and that's why i started using VLC player for digital audio.

It seems that with WMC the audio start right away after you paused. In VLC it also takes a second before you can hear anything again.

After removing the bluesky filter WMC now loads .mkv files again.

I'm just a noob when it comes to these things. That's why i like an out of the box solution like VLC better. :p

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Just wondered. It didn't when I last used it.

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Try with another game that you add yourself. If that doesn't reset then certainly a bug with the game detection. Like it re-detects it on reboot or something.

5. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 FuryX 4GB HBM
    wow dude thanks, this is ****ing epic :D. I wasn't expecting actual 60fps fluid movie playback.

6. kandata94

kandata94 Active Member

GPU:
    R9 280X DirectCU II
    Yes you're right, i tested more accurately and with dlls shader cache doesnt works, while flip queue size returned to default. Now i prefer playing without dlls, with some artifacts sometimes rather playing with stuttering. In novigrad for example crimson drivers do a massive difference.

7. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    ya it looks good and runs good

8. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Just tried removing the profile (which resulted in Radeon Settings crashing with a "not responding" message), it worked anyway, re-added it manually, changed Shader Cache to On.

Rebooted my PC.

Then back to AMD Optimized -_-

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Add a profile that doesn't get added automatically and see if the state gets reset from on to AMD optimized. If it doesn't get reset, then there's hope :D

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Same here. I forced it on ON for everything using RadeonMod. No adverse effects as of yet.

11. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I just completely removed and then installed crimson again and overdrive is still unlocked. I don't have to agree to anything. It's already enabled. however, before i can make costum resolution, i have to accept some terms.

EDIT: the new DDU fixed the problem. I now have to accept overdrive. So it's disabled (thank god).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  12. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Now not even global profile will work for me. I Have Vsync always on in global and Always on in Ultra street fighter 4 profile and it still frame tears.

13. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    Do a proper bug report, or contact with Asus and/or AMD's technical support. Shouting around in this forum and repeatedly posting this won't help you.

14. Dygaza

Dygaza Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury X 4GB
    Yep, people really have to report problems. I don't get where this general idea comes that I don't have to report an issue because surely someone else has already done so.

15. LeBron23cavs

LeBron23cavs Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X Gaming 8G
    Hi, I just registered. I have to say, that I'm actually glad, I'm not the only one, who has problems with Core Clocks. Hopefully, there will be some hotfix or something. I knew something is wrong after I installed crimson soft. All of my games run like sht. Mem clocks always stable when gaming, but core clocks? Fifa 16, clocks bouncing from 400 to 600 MHz stuttering in replays. Nba 2K16 600 to 800 MHz stuttering whole the time. The witcher 3 950 to 1100 MHz stuttering. I'm seriously lost. Tried everything but AB solution is not good, I don't want to have core and mem clocks maxed all the time. I just need sufficent gpu power in games, and with this new "power consumption saver system", don't know how to call it, I just can't play games anymore, until it will be fixed. Sorry for my bad english, I'm not good at it, but I hope you understand my troubles :(.

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  17. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    For those who are looking for Edge-Detect AA
    You have to choose Override in the Anti-Alisasing Mode:

[​IMG]

It doesn't seem to be available using the AA within your games.... sadly.
    4 x AA = 12 x AA with Edge-detect

Has anyone have seriously high GPU temperature :flame: with these drivers!? I'm reaching the GPU thermal protection in most of my games!
    (GPU throttles down at 95c degrees)

I'm having those HD7970 for 3 years, and they've never been so HOT!
    (Note that higher GPU 'may' mean higher GPU Usage witch is good) But WOW I'm impressed.

So far, I really like that Crimson driver!
    But the Radeon Panel is only 90% functional. Also the bug with core clocks bouncing (witch may be because of their implementation of Per Game overclock and thermal control... but broken. I didn't choose any Per Game OC but the drivers are acting like if I did)
    Really surprise AMD is going out public with such an unfunctionnal user interface

*** To Unwinder, Master Guru of the RTTS! :

Once more, once again, another time; Thank You!
    The unofficial overclocking always been working on my aging cards and is very needed to make the clocks to stay all full speed for smooth gaming!
    No smooth gaming for me without your hard work !

18. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    My bad...after 15 hours at work, I couldn't even make the connection.

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    No problem. AMD have changed the value that determines the version, so that's why. It should be fixed in the next AB.

20. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

I have the same deja-vu as well. You are taking the posts out of context and making the second attempt to start exactly the same flame as before. That's your final warning.