Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Has anyone reported the core clocks bouncing up and down to AMD ?

Wonder if its just a Fury issue, as theres a few Fury owners now who get it.

2. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    In 2d or 3d?
    In FO4 I see clock down to 450MHz when I unlock some crates.But just for 1 sec.
    I dont know if this happend in previous 15.11.1-11 driver.

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    3D, while gaming, core clocks are up and down. up and down constantly, sometimes as low as 300 odd, performance is just terrrible.

Im back on my previous 15.9.1 BETAs now, as the cores were fine on those, lock to 1040 and don't budge.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    What happens if you associate an Overdrive profile in the driver (just with an extra MHz so that it sticks)?

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Still happens with the official too, and only in that game (also tested Alien:Isolation, Witcher 2, Batman:AO, Evil Within no issues). Very weird not to mention annoying.

Does anyone else experience similar rendering artefacts with this driver?

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Don't know how to use the OD as never used it before, always used AB to lock the clocks when i had to on my 290X which was doing it, but it doesn't work with the Furys for some reason, just wont apply any changes, i can change core/memory all i want, just has no affect, stays at idle 300/500.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I played Witcher 3 last night 2-3h, never seen clocks bouncing up and down, steady 1170Mhz all the time. Rich, in what games is it happening?

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Dying Light, GTA V, Alan Wake, i tried, probably happens in more, never tested, just removed them and went back to my previous drivers as the perfrormance was terrible, it seems to just be happening to the Fury owners.

9. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I'm usally forcing constant core clocks, because FreeSync somehow messes the core clocks up. However, with every new driver i try to run a game without forcing the core clock, to see if it's fixed. Well, CrossFireX is working like crap if i don't force it. In fact, one card won't do anything and the other card is hovering around between 300 - 500 FPS. The result is 3-5 FPS in the valley benchmark where i usually get around 40 fps. Maybe i did something wrong, but i went right back to forcing those constant core clocks. :D

I know that you don't have FreeSync Rich_Guy, but there is something off with these drivers. Maybe it's CrossFire related?

10. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
    Change lighting in SW Battlefront to Medium. No texture corruption:nerd:

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I do have FreeSync :)

Somethings definitely up with them.

Alan Wake

[​IMG]

GTA V

[​IMG]

Can go as low as 300 odd, performance is just terrible, up and down, up and down.

Only game that gave me a locked 1040 core was The Evil Within.

12. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    any fix for getting crossfire working ;)

13. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    It should.

I'm running the new set without issues.
    Try unistalling AB and run another tool to monitor fluctuating core speeds.
    GPUZ or Trixx. You'll need to log it though. No OSD tools for these.

14. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Or drop in other display driver DLLs into SW directory if you want to keep the Ultra lighting.

15. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    No need to always remove drivers. Just use the DLL trick.

16. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Oh, my bad. Well, then it looks like you are having the same problem as i have. If so, disabling FreeSync should fix the fluactuating core clocks.

I have this problem ever since i got a FreeSync monitor. It isn't related to CFX. Running SWTOR with one card did result in a core clock as low as 300 - 500 mhz. The game was totally unplayable for me. However, the core clock will only be lower if i hit the FPS limit. It could be a cpu bottleneck or it could be a FPS limiter. As long as i don't reach the maximum FPS i can get in a certain situation, the core clocks are relatively stable.

One thing i know for sure is that this is a very annoying problem. Some games don't like it if AB switches from 2d to 3d mode. They sometimes crashs.

17. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    Really good improvements with cached shaders in Previously stuttering games such as

Batman arkham knight
    GTA 5
    Far Cry4

Edge Detect filter is still available but only when you choosing to Override the antialiasing settings

But many bugs with the new control panels... texts and fonts not being displayed and remove properly when you click on various options.
    some "Per profile" stuff not working properly.

I had also jumping clocks when gaming in certain application leading to bad FPS.

but Overall GPU usage and temperature are way up!! So warm it tops the throttling feature to preserve the cards from frying!

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thanks, might give it a try, just had a faff on getting them off, and my previous back on.

Heres GTA V back on the 15.9.1 BETAs.

[​IMG]

Both cores locked 1040, and don't move.

19. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
    Please all people on this forum report bugs and removed features to Amd. Where is more settings to video? Solution for unlock more setting video for non supported graphic not work(fluid motion and other not working), Antialiasing Edge detect is gone(Rly AMD), CCC tray is dead and I can't activate HQ Anisotropic filtering and other 3d settings in tray.

20. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Unofficial overclocking in AB is locked for Tonga and newer GPUs (i.e. Fury) and that's reflected in the application readme. The main purpose of unofficial OC is bypassing limited overdrive overclocking range on older AMD cards, but default maximum overdrive clocks and OC range are much higher on Tonga and newer hardware so unofficial mode is obsolete.