Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. bobalazs

bobalazs Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 4Gb
    Does Rivatuner Statistics server work for ya'll?

2. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
  3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    !!!!!

If DX12 is the "promise land" for AMD GPUs, having 12.6% less performance in Crimson than in 15.11.1 beta in DX12 and loosing also 10% in DX11 MT is not something good.

Who cares about slim gains in Mantle? To play a handful of games who support it?

4. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Just place other driver set DLLs in SW BF folder. No need to install other drivers.

5. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Yes, it even work on the new interface. :wanker:

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Add cnext.exe to RTSS profiles list and set detection level to "none" for it. New AMD control panel is hardware accelerated, based on D3D11, that's why you see OSD on top of it.

7. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Holy hell! Just tested Arkham Knight with and without shader cache, and the game is a stutterfest with this driver.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You misunderstood design of things. VSR is thing which does down/up scaling on software level and is driven by GPU itself.

What you trying to do is to force your screen to work on not supported resolution/refresh rate. If it works, it is thanks to benevolent scaler in monitor.
    You are more likely to get such thing working on cheap non popular brand monitor where manufacturer could not care less to spend money on protection from running out of specification.

Some explanation on what you are doing:
    - you set certain values into custom resolution/refresh rate, then you click "validate".
    - 2 things may happen
    - > screen goes black and tries to change resolution (successfully or not)
    - > nothing happens, that's because driver sees already that values you filled are bogus and they have no way to work on any screen (bad timing, sync)

I can ensure you that if screen goes dark and then you get on display out of sync/range or whatever error, it is because screen simply does not like values, but driver makes display controller to send signal in way you wanted.

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    The change for me was better performance in armored warfare. Rest I haven't tested yet. Need to test more.

10. steved72

steved72 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming OC

11. Gapster

Gapster Guest

GPU:
    2xSapphire R9 290x Tri-x
    Can't install WHQL Legacy or beta 7 on my laptop - hd 6650m (Windows 8.1). Screen goes to black when it installs driver. And after Windows boot logo, it stay black.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  12. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Oh ok, i miss understood your "hopefully" sentence. I thought you didnt know for sure.

BTW, anyone else having issues with MadVR on MPC-HC? My MadVR crashes when i try to see videos full screen.

13. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Anyone knows where to configure radeon software osd settings? In some games i can see osd generated by radeon software.

14. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    To get Project CARS to use the new shader cache, I had to keep the global gaming setting of "amd optimised" and then turn that setting to "on" inside the game profile tile.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I've had some strange flicker appearing at the top of the screen, very very momentary, almost fast enough for the eye to barely notice....

I love how AMD are artificially stopping support for Windows 8, you can actually force the driver to install on 8, the software however does not install.

Did a fresh install of 8.1 this morning, would rather put up with this than 10... again...

I love how it's see through~

16. Weekend

Weekend Guest

GPU:
    1660 S
    umm, It's not just amd. all the cool kids are doing it after the free 8 to 8.1 upgrade! :D

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    for the ones who always had CCC opening slow, does it open faster for you ? they claimed up to 10x, would be nice if this was true for the ones who are running into that problem.

18. Clocknut

Clocknut Guest

GPU:
    Palit 750Ti StormX Dual
    so when we can see WHQL version of crimson?

19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Oh it is way faster. I always had to wait for CCC. I don't have an SSD mind you. So now it is almost instant.

20. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    To come back to you on this: There is a future, it is also in previous drivers, but in the crimson drivers under Display, you can select Scaling Mode: Mine is center now, which could produce some problems with setups, but you can change it to Full Panel, which should/could solve your problems as well.

On another note, I liked how I got a warning from the new Radeon Software that it detected a DPI-panel, and that I should enable VSR! Really nice and user friendly I would say, as I forgot about this, and the warning "warned" me.