Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yes. :(

2. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Fk. Ok, bro :D

3. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Set it in the global settings instead of the individual game setting.

4. Greglaz120

Greglaz120 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280 3 GB
    Same thing with me.I hope there's a hotfix to fix that problem at least.

5. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    In GTA V i have the same problem with the mini map ! is glithed !

6. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    A few quick notes (installed the package from the AMD website):
    - By default you get advertising. Really?! That's why I paid a ton of money, to see the advertising?!
    - That thin font looks like crap, anti-aliasing makes it look bad (The "REDESIGNED. REFINED. SUPERCHARGED." one on the main screen)
    - I had a profile for Fallout 4 that forced lower tessalation levels, it got picked up but another one was also automatically created from the Steam install folder with a bunch of other games.
    - Deleted the Steam one then wanted to delete the second one, the new control panel crashed. Second time worked though.
    - I get the Fallout 4 compass bug, like others mentioned in the Fallout 4 Performance thread and this one. Looks like Z fighting/sorting issues.

7. spalek83

spalek83 Guest

GPU:
    270x 2 gb
    I have to admit the new settings thing is very well done. I am actually impressed with AMD for the first time in awhile.

8. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Oh god NO... I'm about to buy my second monitor tomorrow, i swear if this $#!7 happens to me ill stab a pillow.

(youtube is 50% the reason why i'm getting that second monitor)

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Disabled hardware acceleration in the browser/flash?

10. rodrigoxm49

rodrigoxm49 Active Member

GPU:
    r9 380 4GB
    So you can't help me?

Because looks like you could reach higher resolution than your monitor supports.

Now I could add 1920x810, but I really want 2560x1080 because a lot of games don't have AA or have only heavy AA modes.

11. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    @rodrigoxm49 and other guys who asked me via pm,
    I will post a "manual" about "How to: Crimson downsampling" in several hours or tomorrow...if someone else can't figure this out by that time :p I dare you! :D Tip: I have already mentioned about partial solution ;)

12. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    The Witcher3 jitter when moving/running is not solved in CF. Also my GPU's dropped to 8xx mhz in that game, :3eyes:

Edit: it seems only at 5K it drops to 800-900 on both GPU's At 4K its stay's ok, but still performance fall when moving/running from 50 fps to 30.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  13. Oxezz

Oxezz Member

GPU:
    R9 290 VaporX @1150
    If someone want to change the language to English just go to "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Localisation" and delete your native language folder, restart and crimson will change to default (English).

14. bobrix

bobrix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 970@1542/8000
    Anyone can set pixelclock higher than 225Mhz on HDMI is this a a limit of that port or software lock in custom res tab ?

15. Parideboy

Parideboy Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 Gaming 8 GB
    Don't know about that, but in my case you're right.

[​IMG]
    Green is my monitor with stock settings (1080p 60 fps)
    Yellow is the highest VR I can set (and it works)
    Red is the best resolution I can set to let it work (i actually just tweaked the fps a little)

You see 2 monitors because i've the vga cable connected aswell

16. jesped

jesped Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE

I tried the whole "Moninfo+PhoenixEdid=Custom monitor driver" last week with 15.11 drivers and it didn't work, is it supposed to work now with this new Crimson drivers?

Are you able to set 1440@50Hz?

17. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    True but the bug which cuts out Switchable Graphics i.e. the usage of the AMD cards affects both GCN and non GCN.

Does anyone know who I have to contact at AMD if I want to pass on bug reports from around 500 users in the future?

18. wayzani_2003

wayzani_2003 Member

GPU:
    Asus strix 1080Ti
    Hello

I have a simple question please. How do you change resolution and refresh rate with this driver ?? I have a 144Hz and this drivers make my refresh rate a 60Hz by default in my desktop but i dont know how to change it ????

Thanks and sorry for my english ...

19. Eleventeen

Eleventeen Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC GTX970
    Cool.

Now nvidia desperately needs to do this too.
    Incredibly stupid that on an insanely fast cpu there control panel takes as much as 7+ seconds to start up (I just timed it, and my system is ultra tweaked so every decent app starts instantly)
    3.5 seconds after it's fresh in memory.

Also that frame rate pacing feature sounds pretty dope. May even have to switch if nvidia doesn't get that feature. So many games have micro stutter from bad frame pacing these days.

The extra size of including QT is bad, but given QT is awesomely fast and looks really nice, it's worth it.

I mean nvidias ****ing drivers take up 1+gb for 1 install, and updates add a lot to that because even if you select clean install it still leaves TWO copies of all the installers littered around. So can't imagine radeons doing much worse than that.

Seriously though, what ****ing idiot programmed nvidia's driver installer? The kind of cruft it puts on your system is insane, not to mention it can fail from the smallest things and has ZERO error handling. Or microsofts for that matter. There so horrible, seems like the industry needs a dedicated installer programmer to come smack these guys in the face and do it properly.

20. jesped

jesped Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    My first download was corrupt and had to download it again. Maybe you have the same problem?