Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    It's Official, Batman Arkham Knight runs great now on AMD Hardware thanks to Crimson driver & no more lag spike thanks to Shader Cache. did found a bug if you put Adaptive Multisample with Freesync, the game run like crap but if you put it to Multisample it runs fine even the game does not support MSAA. this is a bug from the Crimson software.

2. gyigyo

gyigyo Guest

GPU:
    palit gtx 460 768mb
    I swear this crimson is bull**** its playing with me msi afterburner not working... I setup my 290 fan to 45%speed sometime later the vga its gonna crazy automaticly setup the fan to 70% and to 20% THIS NEVER HAPPENED before with CATALYST!!!

3. Mbi2011

Mbi2011 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  4. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Did you not read my post in the other thread? You are changing the drivers of your monitor. This has nothing to do with VSR or your GPU. You are not telling your GPU to render at a higher resolution, you are telling your monitor to run at a higher resolution. You could use a fury and you will still get the same results. Your monitor simply isn't able to run any higher. However, you might be able to overclock the refreshrate a little bit.

5. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    sounds like a personal problem. just don't enter the crimson panel for overclocking. just leave it alone! thats what i do.

6. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli

Ye, all VLIW cards are dropped

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Just noticed you can set an overdrive profile per game... Good stuff.

8. Dennisbest

Dennisbest Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7950
    I hoped that they would have fixed the tahiti issue with UVD clocks but that's not the case...Tried running 3dmark , and the card ignores my overclock because it goes into UVD state.

9. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    @RexOmnipotentus, google - DOWNSAMPLING

PS. I read your post. You don't get it. Again - google "downsampling". OR read this thread at lest : http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=366244

PPS. If I chage my current gpu to my old GTX760 right now I can use 4k downsampled to 1080p on my monitor. Not with AMD.

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    thats not what thats for.

it controls your monitor timings.

if your monitor cant handle those timings, you are stuck.

11. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    AMD has supported its older cards for quite a while if you think about it. i mean nvidia screwing around with how my GTX 660 performed with newer drivers is why i switched teams. GCN is tried and true at this point and i'm glad they are giving it a laser focus on getting things right this time. maybe they can't compete on a performance level now (wait for more dx12 support) but it seems like they are going the route i thought they would, framerate latency.

for those who havent seen my benchmark results. way beyond margin of error
    http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/6578116/fs/6559582

12. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I am loving the new look to the interface, hope the rest that is still in the control panel is intergrated.

Especially loving the new feature Custom Resolutions. It works like a charm. It allows you set custom refresh on the fly. Tip to delete a custom resolution you must change the screen resolution then you can remove the one you created. (Have to change the screen resolution in the windows display settings, unless I am missing something)

All my monitors refresh rates are now easily overclocked. It does seem to have some built in fail safes that you cannot go above, not sure.

To disable banner ads....on the opening/home page in the lower left click preferences, then just untick banner advertisements.

13. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Same issue, read the entire thread and surprised no one else has posted the issue - is it just me and you having the issue?.

Its really annoying.

14. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    It's just like CRU. It adjusts your monitor driver. You can change the timings, the refreshrate and the resolution, as long as the monitor supports it. It has nothing to do with downsampling.

Like i said, you are not telling your GPU to run at a higher resolution and downsample it to the lower monitor resolution (= downsampling). You are just telling your monitor to run at a higher resolution. A resolution it doesn't support. This will only give you 'out of range' errors or a blackscreen. The monitor knows what it is capable of and simply doesn't run at settings that would damage your monitor, so it stays black. Apperently some monitors don't do that and simply do what you tell them to do (=very rare). So messing with these settings can even break your monitor.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I like it :)

My FS score went from 20,795 (on the 15.9.1 BETAs) to 20,842 :D

Hasn't put all my games in the profile manager though, only added about 10, not that i mind tbh, as i just use same settings for everything, so Global :p

16. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    Me too. Annoying, but nothing serious.

17. Indy

Indy Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 AMP!
    Not all. Like my Mobbility one is still supported.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    New score, finally reached 8k in firestrike. There is a 200+ points with this driver, overall and graphics.

[​IMG]

19. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    undying, use app settings for tessellation before i can call that a valid score m8

20. BooMario

BooMario Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 m200x Series/8850m
    IIRC 8670m is GCN, not VLIW.