Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.4 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AMDMatt, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Lurk

Lurk Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080
    totally agree on the avalanche effect.
    It might actually be even too late to stop it.

AMDMatt sounds like a really nice guy, but AMD can't just get away everytime with excuses and "we are working to fix this".

It's become a sad and tiring refrain.

I have been long eager to play this game, only to find I have to wait, who knows until when, for my GPU company of choice to make it run properly.

This situation has become a standard and it's really hurting my enjoyment (and other people's, I'm sure) for gaming, my only obstacle to switch cards being my empty wallet.

Still, I'm patient enough to hope that someday the cards on the table will start changing...

2. klaupe

klaupe Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AmpExtreme
    Good summary of my opinion, i´m one of this type of people.

3. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    But come on, you can't be so black and white.. next time something doesn't work on nvidia (although it may not be their fault), you'll say the same? Damnit.. nvidia sucks, will be getting an AMD card next.. :D

And klaupe, did you install those vbs drivers already? (major improvements..)

Whoever has issues please install the win10 drivers modded for win8.1 and that includes you Lurk.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  4. Di0g0

Di0g0 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 Dual-X
    AMDMatt, the TDR's when viewing videos using flash player are fixed on 15.4.1?

Thanks ;)

5. niczerus

niczerus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    thanks but nobody care freesync :/ , please fix multithreading cpu problems.

6. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    There are people that care about it dude.. so.. yeah. (I think? lol XD:D)

7. Lurk

Lurk Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080
    I'm on Win7, though.

FreeSync is unfortunately not even a small black dot on the farthest line of my gaming horizon.

8. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2070
    Why now? I mean after release. I can't play the game, because I have 290X which can't run it as 770 GTX at stable 60 fps. :bang:
    I cant imagine how will run Witcher 3 on 290X.

9. klaupe

klaupe Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AmpExtreme
    No, deathchild, but i hope i´ll find time to install and try it this weekend.
    Is the first part adressed at me?
    I´m absolutely not black and white.
    I´ve got absolutely no problem to confess, that dying light single gpu has stunning performance gains over the last months, or that GTA5 CFX works surprisingly good for me.
    But it´s also a fact, that i bought an amd card, and although i of course also think it´s not only AMD´s fault, most problems at release just wouldn´t happen if i had bought a card with a NVIDIA GPU.
    So, in short, i have problems, because i bought an AMD GPU. It´s not fair, but that simple.
    It doesn´t matter, who´s fault it is, if it´s only one third of AAA games an AMD user can buy at launch without having to wait for months for issues to be solved, it´s AMD´s turn to look what went wrong, and do something about it, because it´s their business, not the developers. Example: People will buy Pcars 2 also, if they like the game. But their graphics card will probably be a nvidia card.

I have to point out again, i don´t want to bash no one, i want my cards to use their HW-potential.
    But i absolutely lost patience and confidence, because i can´t see AMD´s helpless, unprofessional "universe is evil"-mentality any more.

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    It didn't change anything really for me. I gained 1fps average.

11. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    It was the same for me, same as for 1018.1 :(

12. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)

I'm glad that you finally realise there are some "small" problems with official AMD drivers and these problems are not caused because everybody is a complete noob.

This doesn't mean W10 VBS modded drivers for W8.1 are THE solution for ALL AMD drivers problems.

It's only a SMALL relief in DX11 API overhead thanks to better performing W10 drivers in this specific aspect.

no more, no less.

Maybe if you are able to convince AMD to provide a link to download the VBS W10 modded drivers in the official drivers download page it will help everybody.

:D

13. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Dude install the vbs drivers, it should improve some of it for you.

To me they don't seem helpess or unprofessional.. some things are just out of their reach, I understand your situation though, you are free to switch to nvidia if you want, totally fine by me bro. :D No judgement intended there. Though first I think you should see if the vbs drivers improves the situation for you (it made stuff a lot better for me, games are much smoother although the fps may not show it).

14. ObscureangelPT

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I'm installing Windows 10 to check if the same happens to as it happens to a user of Guru3D that had the same 1018.1 drivers on W8.1 and W10 and the project cars gave him +30FPS on Windows 10.

I'm installing to check that, altough my Internet connection is merily 5/6MB, i hope i can test it today..
    I will leave the answer then, but can't leave vídeo with proofs :D

15. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Matt,

Thanks for the update, would it be possible to check on the status of the windows black screen boot issues. It was commonly assumed to be a hardware/bios issue however after a month of playing around with every driver known to god and every possible working bios for my new R9 290x card, the issue is only there when windows boots up and tries to load the CCC. At that point it black screens.

If I disable CCC or force it not to load or not install and just install any driver from 13.2 and up it all works correctly.

Also during most installs it will crash and black screen if CCC is being installed.

Been working hard to narrow it down.

/edit the modded drivers by leshcat would allow me to install CCC and all the drivers and would not black screen.

Trying these new drivers and they also allowed me to install and not black screen. So guessing so other changes under the hood in the drivers as well.

The win 10 TP drivers are fail, sorry to say...CCC in the Win 10 updates, just messes up things for me. My only solution there again was to boot into safe mode and rename the ccc2 folder to ccc2.old so it would not finish installing or start.

Last edited: May 9, 2015

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Well it's to be expected since W10 comes with WDDM 2.0 built into it. W8.1 has WDDM 1.3, W 7 is on 1.1.
    The drivers aren't doing it all by themselves, though support is needed for features offered by the OS. 10 doesn hog RAM for video memory either like the earlier versions due to dynamic buffers.

..... U can run dxdiag to find out info, or dxcaps viewer,

Here this will help explain things....

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn265512(v=vs.85).aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Display_Driver_Model

I'm running W10 Pro
    [​IMG]

17. ObscureangelPT

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Well.. seems that my internet connection somehow gave me the finger :D
    I installed w10 already, but still missing updates and wireless connection, its 2AM here, i am going to sleep.

Tomorrow afternoon i will leave some feedback and a graphic chart with FPS with the same replay benchmark i've used before.

Good night.
    15:30, 16:00 hours of my timezone i should have the answer for you all about it :)

18. BugMeister

BugMeister Member Guru

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    - I'm having to disable ULPS via TRIX to keep this one running..

- occasional black-screen freeze-ups, not sure why..
    - temps are all OK..

BTW - cards are OC'd to 1050/1250, using latest SapphireBIOS.. :cool:

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    The last W10 AMD drivers 15.200.1018.1(0401) is showing WDDM 2.0 but DXDIAG detects WDDM1.3 and DX up to 11.1:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5063380&postcount=103

Older versions of the AMD drivers were reported to be FULL WDDM 2.0 with DX12 support.

20. mojobear

mojobear Member

GPU:
    4-way crossfire R9 290
    Hey AMDMatt,

Are there any updates in regards to downclocking of 4 way crossfire GPUs when I go over 80 hz @ 7680 x 1440 in games like tomb raider / GTA V/ Sleeping dogs? It seems like its almost a dynamic GPU clock but it just makes the games stutter and have lower fps!

Also any news on mantle working for 4 way crossfire in the future?

Thanks!

Last edited: May 10, 2015