Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.4 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AMDMatt, Apr 13, 2015.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    The picture might be different, but the vendor/part ids etc, are exactly the same, and this is what matters. The picture is there more or less as a placeholder. In all regards, this is the vBios for your card, although I should confirm it if you send me a dump of your current vBios using GPU-z. The lack of a vBios switch makes the situation much riskier than before though.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Ya that'd be right since they prob sent Wiz a review model. Powercolor GPU's with Hynix memory are about as common as Flying Unicorns.

I looked at ur bios btw, the other roms on TPU are either UEFI or conf differnt clocks or added programming for Samsung IC's.... you can drop the overclock, and/or up the volts to try and fix it.
    AB can adjust the clocks and voltage without bios edit if u like or I can mod it but personally I'd try RMA

Btw what's your ASIC and vdimm volts? Should 1.6v with Elpida.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  3. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    I saw the bios on Tech Power up too, and it looks like it supports both Elpida and Hynix. Usually bioses that do that are made for Elpida memory. We'll see.

4. brightbule3921

brightbule3921 Active Member

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    Well,I decided to try 15.4beta again.

I just installed the driver and tested for a while but it did not TDR anymore.

But I really got Event id 4101(amdkmdap stop responding),at the first time I try 15.3/15.4:
    [​IMG]
    I never got this with 14.12omega for past 2 months,it is really stable.

I am afraid the card maybe run into another unstable issue again,I will just test it and see if I have to RMA it again or not.:(

As for other info:

ASIC:
    [​IMG]

I am not sure if this is vdimm info or not:
    [​IMG]
    It is 0.820v~1.18v.(VDDC)

Volts,as you can see,I can't up the volts anymore:
    [​IMG]
    it's top is 12.19v and it is already there.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yea ...he does - GPU-Z displays IC maker......:p

[​IMG]

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    That's the same as TDR. What OS do u have? Vista?

Your gpu vcore is not the same as the bios config..

[​IMG]
    it's top is 12.19v and it is already there.
    [/QUOTE]

I meant the GPU and vdimm, 12.19 is the supply from the PSU to your VRM's.

Jst to clarify, are you getting a display time-out on the 14.12 as well or only the 15.3/15.4?

7. brightbule3921

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    I listed all my pc's spec in forum's profile.
    Anyway the OS is win8.1 64bit pro.

Only 15.3/15.4.

But If you ask can I reproduce this issue? The answer seems is no.
    All I can do is sit down and wait if it happens again. :(

As for older version than 14.12omega,that's before I RMA my card.At that time I have black-screen crash issue,so I RMA the card.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'm using aria theme which doesn't display OS in the profile.

If you don't want to play with the voltages u should RMA the card. I would just rma since it been fixed once already. This time I'd ask for a refund...

9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    That is true. Shouldn't he check on something like Haven too, though? My card doesn't give the full V on all games too. It depends usually.

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Actually iirc voltage in bios doesn't include droop so gpu-z would be right anyway (GPUz reads true vrm output). ....

That aside this is pretty standard procedure for owners of Powercolor/Tul cards, owners they are notoriously unstable...

So, I would reinstall the 14.12 drivers and if the TDR's still occur then rma is the answer imho. Pretty safe bet the card is a dud though as it's already been fixed once....

I wouldn't touch one with a 10ft pole. We had a supplier at my old job who stopped stocking Powercolor products because they had so many returns.

11. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Guess I got a flying unicorn a couple of weeks ago. I took the plunge and got me a powercolor r9 290x. Anyhow my bios is not listed nor is my memory in the database, or rather my hynix memory number is listed on the 295x2 but not on the 290x I can provide screenshots as well as the dump. I did submit it to the databsse.

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    The bios database on TPU is uploaded by users btw so not every bios will be on the server. U don't need to dump it anyway since GPU-z will tell you what chips u have.....

Re your pm the letters will be TOC or similar... is the 290 5Gb/s or 7Gb/s.... I forgot the specs:p

13. TorrentG2

TorrentG2 Banned

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2 GB OC
    /sigh

I am sure something on the machine is still overclocked, incorrect timings, still same a/v, something like hamachi or daemon tools or any of the various and numerous funk-makers present etc...

I can't guess and give you a positive answer for sure here, although I'm known well to do that.

Msinfo32 or much better yet, any crash dumps, would be helpful.

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    In that case I think RMA will save you a lot of frustration. :p

Fwiw I had a quick look at your bios with a Hexeditor and you have EDW2032BBBG-50-F Elpida chips, so 1.5v is right for those.... 1.6v would be for 6Gb/s chips. :)

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You seem familiar, ever been over at sevenforums?

16. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    How come this is a GTA V optimized driver but the AMD CHS shadow setting is buggy and sometimes the shadows don't appear? So annoying

17. TorrentG2

TorrentG2 Banned

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2 GB OC
    Yeah, yeah. No doubt. I learned lots over there during my stay. H2SO4 and Usasma (John) were most helpful to me, personally. I had a solid foundation since a little kid, but they easily answered a few different things for me when I was getting started in learning about stop errors. And Usasma's resources are invaluable still to this day. carrona.org >>> mostly this, for an odd one that may pop up here or there, or if someone doesn't know offhand... http://carrona.org/dvrref.php

18. mtdew332

mtdew332 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390x
    Yeah, I don't use CHS shadows on my R9 290 because of that also.
    But us with R9 290 GPU's are lucky, we can use MSAA with Post FX maxed and DOF enabled with these drivers.
    Those with 280's, 7xxx series cards get artifacts in the bottom right of the screen when using MSAA with Post FX maxed using these "GTA V Optimized" drivers!
    LINK 1
    LINK 2
    Link 3
    Doesn't leave much hope for R9 support when the new 3xxx GPU's arrive.
    AMD just has too small of a driver team to cover them all, so they have to focus on their current flagship GPUs.
    Its been this way since I had my 6950's as my main gaming GPU's way back when.....And x-fire support hasn't gotten any better since then either.

And its getting real OLD!

I'm all for supporting the underdog and promoting competition for dedicated GPU's.
    ( I still have 2x6950's / 2x7950's / 2x290's)

But at some point, you get the feeling you're only screwing yourself. :banana:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  19. brightbule3921

GPU:
    PowerColor AXRX460 2G/OC
    Sorry it is my wrong,in that post I maybe misunderstand the term vdimm.

I google it:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking,/overclocking/voltmods/45

Does vdimm means voltage of PC memory? Or GPU's memory voltage?
    There is no vdimm on GPUz,but VDDC.

Anyway,this is GPUz's sensors page:
    [​IMG]

This is my motherboard voltage info(From MSI's ControlCenter software):
    [​IMG]

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    It's OK mate, prob doesn't have a supported pwm controller, and yea I'm referring to the vram. Your 12v seems a little low along with the vgpu, iirc it should be about 0.85 and yours it sitting at 0.82.
    U can bump it up a little with AB and drop the clocks before RMA. It'll only take a minute to check.

Funny story. :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015