Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.3 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Mar 20, 2015.

1. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Windows 10 build 10041 got the 15.2 (two) beta, so this one looks to be newer.

2. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT

Who is "AMDMatt"?....;) Is this like a new box-spring mattress or something? Eh?

Romulus_ut3 likes this.
  3. marktheshark

marktheshark Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 280x 3GB
    @amdmatt I also have the mantle fps (from about 120 to between 2 and 50)
    Very similar to user Vase
    With your config this occurs less often and the drops seem to be less extreme (only tested your config for a few mins)
    DirectX11 works fine without drops.

[​IMG]
    most spec info is on screenshot.

4. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Walt, I have 10 build 10041 and do not have 15.2 but yet a newer version then 15.3 beta.

Post a screen shot of your build info so I can compare.

5. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    hey marktheshark,

glad you are backing up my case here! even with the other CPU brand! ;-)
    the config matt offers us is basically not much change to the standard except that the frame pacing method "1" is used and all the performance counters are enabled and fps_max is set to 500...

@amdmatt: i just played on paracel storm and for example on this map the spikes occur more often than on other maps. this one and also on dawnbreaker. vram is always @ 1100-1500 maximum

the single spikes on paracel storm also reach peak values of 500-1000
    on my first screenshot the spike had a peak value of about ~110 if i remember correctly.
    taking a screenshot with the builtin renderer function of course always produces an additional spike afterwards which maxes out at about 1500 of the CPU value...

6. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Same D3d driver as the omega, this just new profiles or what?

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Is the improvement I feel in Dying Light just my idea, or there is something there? Single R9 280x. Pls respond

8. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    Patch 1.5 increased the performance for me. A lot.

9. dmr2

dmr2 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 280x
    No VSR on 280x :(. Watch dogs runs noticeably better on 14.12. I'm going back to 14.12.

10. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    performance decreased when crossfire enabled in farcry 4 at 5760 x 1080.. frame rate without crossfire 39 to 45 crossfire enabled 30 to 32 fps... setting all ulta except the nvidia game works enhancements..

11. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I'm really suprised how messed up the crossfire profile for Far Cry 4 is. For al those who want the best scaling in Far Cry 4, use the battlefield 4 profile (BF4.exe). I'm able to play this game with a constant 60+ at 1440P. I have all settings on ultra (so no soft shadows) and i'm using volumetric fog and 2 x MSAA.

I recently got two R9 290, but the BF4.exe also worked with my two hd 7950.

Hope that this also works for you guys.

EDIT: tested the BF4.exe profile with the new drivers and it still works: 60+ FPS.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  12. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    • Farcry 4 isnt flawless in SLI either (same with every UBI game), Poor CFX performance speaks more to the game and UBI than it does AMD. They can't make miracles happen. Still runs better than it did before, FPS seems to be 120-75 and stuttering isn't as noticeable.
    • Disappointed with no Dying Light profile. At least they kind of explained that one (yeah some communication for once, albeit via release notes....)
    • Disappointed they took forever to release these profiles. This practice better be a one off deal.
    • Mostly disappointed with AMD's complete lack of communication. All we ever get is PR approved speak from them. They are the underdog, they need to have better honest, open communication period.

That said, I am put off from buying CFX with my next purchase, I still might get a single 390x, but 4 months with no profiles and no explanations is just piss poor customer care.

AMD is the one with the image problem, they have an image of terrible driver support. Stuff like this release schedule just serves to cement that image. The sooner they learn to be more honest and have open communication, the sooner they can get more market share, until then it doesn't matter what hardware they put out, the stigma alone is enough to keep customers going to the "better" alternative. (And yes that was a run on sentence like a mug)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  13. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    no improvement.. the 2nd card doesnt work this way.. um running 2 290x... i think i need to upgrade the farcry 4.. didnt upgrade caz didnt have crossfire profile

14. Krelianz

Krelianz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    i tested far cry 4 on my single 290 and while it always ran at good fps i had this annoying stutter with the 14.12 drivers that seem to be gone now, could be placebo but i doubt it.

15. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    If I'm not using crossfire, is there any reason to install the official ones over the press ones? The press ones are working fine for me as is.

16. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Very strange. If i'm not selecting the BF4.exe i get 40 FPS and a huge stuttering. My GPU usage is also all over the place. With the BF4.exe this isn't the case.

17. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    with single card i dont get any stuttering.. 40 fps on average... ultra quality.. without nvidia enhancement.. i hope we will get rid of these problems with dx 12.. caz it will see 2 gpus as one

18. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Loadout seems better with these drivers - with the 14.12 I was getting some weird flickering on the initial screen. This one I am not seeing that.

It also seems smoother overall in game.

I am not running the AMD Gaming Evolved app.

19. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I had to use a fps limiter to get rid of the stuttering. It was a very annoying micro stuttering. Upgraden my memory also helped me alot. My memory upgrade from 1333mhz to 2133 not only reduced the stuttering, but also gave me a 30 procent performance boost in place like banapur. You know, there are some places in Far Cry 4 that seem to have a cpu bottleneck. Faster memory helps in those situations, but doesn't completly remove the cpu bottleneck.

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    The press has had those drivers for a while. and there were some install issues (they were technically win8 drivers)

You are better off installing these.